Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline musccy  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 9:08:40 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 242
Applause Received: 232

Quote:
From PFT today. Favre a drama queen

Sometimes at PFT we try (and usually fail) to add value to a given quote by trying to say something funny or informative before it. That's not necessary this time.

We present Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook, talking to Men's Journal on the summer day Favre spoke to ESPN about his ankle surgery.

"Brett talked to goddamned Ed Werder at ESPN, says he needs ankle surgery. Now why did he do that?" Cook asked. "I've got [Brad] Childress calling. I've got reporters calling all damn morning. Goddammit, why does he have to be such a goddamned drama queen? Play, don't play, goddamn, people are getting sick of it. I'm getting sick of it!

"Why does he have to talk to these people? What good does it do? Ed Werder at ESPN! What's he ever done for anybody other than say, 'Look, look, Mommy, I got this first, ain't I special?' You got problems with surgery, talk to your wife. Why talk to goddamned Ed Werder?"

It's somehow heartening that the man perhaps closest to Favre feels just like the rest of us. (Well, except goddamned Ed Werder.)

Later Favre enters the office and offers a sheepish apology. Cook's response: "Jesus, Brett. You never learn. You guys go talk. I've got goddamn phone calls to make," before poking a finger at Favre. "Thanks to you."

Never thought I'd say this, but I may have to pick up a copy of this month's Men's Journal.
Offline Packers_Finland  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 9:50:10 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Was this a joke..?
This is a placeholder
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 10:06:08 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

^No.

Some writer from the Men's Journal spent a day (or longer) with Bus Cook. The day Brett spoke to Ed Werder just happened to fall within the time frame of the time the writer was spending with Bus Cook.

So in essence, he was able to cover Cook's reaction and get candid comments.

Pretty f'n hilarious his agent thinks he is a drama queen. The truth often hurts.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 10:58:48 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 408

It just shows you the level of self absorbsion of Lord Favre.
This shows thatb even 'his" people know just how much Favre NEEDS constant attention.
Pretty telling, i'd say.
UserPostedImage
Offline Packerchick  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:50:55 AM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 601
Applause Received: 27

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
It just shows you the level of self absorbsion of Lord Favre.
This shows thatb even 'his" people know just how much Favre NEEDS constant attention.
Pretty telling, i'd say.

LeBron James was knocking Lord Favre out of the spotlight, so he had to get back in.
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:10:48 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,952
Applause Received: 2,170

Call me cynical, but Bus Cook is a crooked fella and I wouldn't be surprised if he this was conjured up by him intentionally for an ulterior purpose.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:19:57 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

He's pissy because Favre didn't talk to reporters through him. That's what an agent does, right (besides negotiations w/ NFL teams)?

What I find funny is how everyone has a candid view into his (Favre's) brain and knows his every intentions.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:23:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

He's pissy because Favre didn't talk to reporters through him. That's what an agent does, right (besides negotiations w/ NFL teams)?

What I find funny is how everyone has a candid view into his (Favre's) brain and knows his every intentions.

I think that's a big part of it too. "I'm your agent, I should be told this stuff first so I can guide you into how to handle this, not some 'look at me' ESPN reporter".

There's just something about it that makes me think James flew off the handle for a reason we'll learn about later.
UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:44:29 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

So what are you saying, he isn't honest and forthcoming when he does all of these interviews/throws out all of these quotes? You mean he's actually a plotter when it comes to the media and we don't know his real intentions behind saying shit? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:52:31 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

LOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:32:03 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 395
Applause Received: 1,073

From the no shit file... Bus finally spoke without a forked tongue about his most famous client.. he spoke the truth.

Favre allows himself to look like a diva in the media... but I don't think it is on purpose. I think people get a hold of Brett.. probably at a sickening clip for Brett, and sooner or later he gives them something to shut them up.. or out of some sort of guilt..

But there is no doubt that Brett hasn't learned yet.. and always himself to be a diva of sorts. Now give him his Snickers. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:35:59 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 408

I think the reason we CAN say that about Favre, is his vast past history.
If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, chances are it's a duck.
It's not like this is the first times Favre has said/done things to get attention.

And seriously, i'm fine with that. It doesn't bother me one bit. So he's a drama queen. No big deal to me.
It just makes me laugh when people try to act like it's not so.
Oh....and P.C.......FUNNY line about LeBron!!!LOLOL!!!

Hey Zero.....can you give more insight into what you mean about Bus Cook? I'm serious. I don't really know alot about the guy.
UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:34:00 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Oh, god that's funny!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:49:43 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 395
Applause Received: 1,073

UserPostedImage
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:02:09 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Hey Zero.....can you give more insight into what you mean about Bus Cook? I'm serious. I don't really know alot about the guy.

Normally I disassociate my thoughts on someone from the rumors about them. However, I've listened to and read a lot of Cook's comments and he contradicts himself quite a bit. Of course, to put himself and his client in a more favorable financial position.

There were rumors he started asking teams if Brett were to unretire, would they want him? As we all know, the only time an agent gets new money is if there's a new contract. Brett unretiring gives chance for a new contract and by hearing other teams are interested in Brett, it makes Brett want to scratch the 'itch' to play again.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed