Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mr_Bumpy  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:00:37 PM(UTC)
Well, if Favre's a drama queen then that should help him fit in even better with the rest of the 'queens.
Packers_Finland  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:16:16 PM(UTC)
Hey guys, we defended this guys antics for like 15 years, let Formo have his turn.
Cheesey  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:10:37 PM(UTC)
That's what i find so funny. When Favre was a packer, most (not all) Vikings fans were on us about Favre's yearly antics. Now that we wears purple, he's just "misunderstood" i guess! LOLOL!!!
musccy  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:21:56 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

Great pic!

and Formo, c'mon. Did you ever see Barry Sanders, Aikman, Strahan, Warner, Manning, Brady, LT (etc.) playing this on again off again retirement drama game every offseason for 6-7 straight years?!?

No we don't know Brett personally, but I also don't need a proctologist to tell me what a turd looks like. It's clear as day that Favre is doing this for the love he gets from the Maddens of the world, and he's milking this ankle "injury" to save face for wanting to skip out on training camp (again)
Formo  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:12:46 AM(UTC)
UserPostedImage

Great pic!

and Formo, c'mon. Did you ever see Barry Sanders, Aikman, Strahan, Warner, Manning, Brady, LT (etc.) playing this on again off again retirement drama game every offseason for 6-7 straight years?!?

No we don't know Brett personally, but I also don't need a proctologist to tell me what a turd looks like. It's clear as day that Favre is doing this for the love he gets from the Maddens of the world, and he's milking this ankle "injury" to save face for wanting to skip out on training camp (again)

And it is 'clear as day' that Packer fans love to make whoopie with sheep..

Get my point?
wpr  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:17:08 AM(UTC)
UserPostedImage

Great pic!

And it is 'clear as day' that Packer fans love to make whoopie with sheep..

Get my point?

Nope. I have no idea what you are talking about. It must be one of those "Minnesota things."
Cheesey  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:20:09 PM(UTC)
Here's what we know as fact: If Favre knew how to shut his yap, there wouldn't even be any comments about his "drama queen" status, correct?
Ask yourself this question: WHY do the "reporters" GO to Brett Favre? ANSWER: Because they KNOW he isn't capable of keeping his mouth shut!

Thus, if they need a story, just go to ol' "Jabber Jaws Favre" and you are guarenteed of something to write/talk about.
If he didn't DESIRE all the attention, he could shut it all down with just a few "No comment' statements.
But why SHOULD he, when he can get all this attention that he obviously likes?
How can i say it's OBVIOUS that he likes it? Cause HE has the power to shut it down, like i said, and he CHOOSES not too.

Seriously, because he's not a Packer anymore, i have NO feelings about it. In other words, i don't CARE how much drama he wants. We have our starting QB, and what BF does doesn't affect me anymore then what any QB of any of the other teams in the NFL does.
Now that it doesn't affect MY team, i can sit back and ENJOY the circus!
DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:54:01 PM(UTC)
I really haven't given this topic much thought recently, but now that it is back in our face, I have to really say I don't really give a damn if the Vikings allow themselves to be victimized here. A team is built by all players going through the same dog days of summer together, and if numbnuts is above that, how can he possibly be considered a teammate when in all actuality, he's nothing but a hired gun.

The bitch in this whole situation is Chilly. How in the hell can the boss command respect, when one of the players gets to pull this crap. Last year God was a free agent, and this year he is under contract and should be forced to report to all mandatory team activities. But I guess that only counts if you're one of the grunts. Hopefully one of those grunts takes a play or two off, allowing another opposing player a free shot. I'm pretty sure the rest of the players in the league are pretty tired of this song and dance and are ready to retire the Diva.
Cheesey  
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:12:01 AM(UTC)
True.....it HAS to tick off some of his "team mates". I mean, THEY don't get a free pass to miss mandatory workouts. It's PART OF THE JOB.
I'd say it's laziness, period.
Yes, i hear the old "he's been playing for SO long, he EARNED his being able to miss training camp." To that, i say BULL. He's still getting a paycheck, right? Should YOU be able to take off Monday through Thursday at your job, because you worked for 20 years? While the other workers work their collective butts off?
That shows you the attitude there. He thinks he's ABOVE all the work that is EXPECTED of a professional.
That's wrong. No matter WHO you are, in my view at least.
wpr  
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:40:19 AM(UTC)
I understand what you are saying Cheesey but I would prob use a different word. I think Brett is a lot of things but not lazy. "entitled" in his opinion not doubt.
djcubez  
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:59:19 AM(UTC)
Bus Cook sounds like Ari Gold.
all_about_da_packers  
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:51:33 AM(UTC)
How do we know if he was seeking ESPN or other media outlets or if they are seeking him? We don't know the back story of any of these reports.

We don't really need much more context when Bus Cook's alleged remarks basically center on Brett revealing his surgery issue without giving anyone else a heads up on the thing. That is what he is mad about: he now has to do damage control, and I expect some of the Vikings top brass were not... thrilled with hearing through ESPN that Brett may need surgery.

Now of course, what Bus Cook had to do should be considered a part of an agent's job. That Cook actually complained about it basically tells us that he considers it beyond the scope of his job to do damage control - that is save face - after remarks that would concern the employer are made.

That he is upset at Brett for talking and saying the wrong thing and still being evasive about his decision to return or not tells us that he thinks Brett is doing what he does to simply get attention. He may have a fair point: his antics certainly aren't of any help to his agent, his team, or his coach.

It's funny, Cook works for Favre. He is Favre's agent, but he is none-the-less providing a service to Favre. What Favre says goes, because that is the nature of the agent business: you work for a player(s). In other words, Favre is one of Cook's employers - his boss

You just don't go and show / express you anger at your boss in public to an audience, especially an audience amongst whom your boss may well be a part of. That Bus Cook actually did, it tells me is isn't simply fed up, he's pretty much had more than he could handle of Favre.

He really isn't the only one. I'm frankly surprised more players on the Vikings haven't spoken out / showed their discontent in public for the pampering Favre is getting.
Nonstopdrivel  
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:47:59 PM(UTC)
Hey guys, we defended this guys antics for like 15 years

Speak for yourself. :P
wpr  
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:55:25 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage

I showed this to my wife and she said, "I don't remember Favre doing a Snickers commercial."

PRICELESS! :thumbleft:
TheEngineer  
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:15:25 PM(UTC)
Why can't Favre just admit he doesn't want to attend training camp? He's probably got enough clout to force Childress to pay the fine for missing attendance for him anyway.
Yerko  
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:57:49 PM(UTC)
I was waiting for something Favre to pop up in the media and when I found myself reading the articles, I actually didn't have a feeling of "caring" and stopped reading it.

Its old news. Bus Cook does sound like Ari Gold...good one djcubez.
dingus  
#37 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:05:32 PM(UTC)
Engineer, if Childress had a sack he'd come out and say that he was fining Favre for every day he missed, just like any other player on the roster.
4PackGirl  
#38 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:16:08 PM(UTC)
I was waiting for something Favre to pop up in the media and when I found myself reading the articles, I actually didn't have a feeling of "caring" and stopped reading it.

Its old news. Bus Cook does sound like Ari Gold...good one djcubez.

i felt the same way, gforce. for the first time, i really don't care what he does or doesn't do...a very freeing feeling, i must say!
musccy  
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:52:39 PM(UTC)
True.....it HAS to tick off some of his "team mates". I mean, THEY don't get a free pass to miss mandatory workouts. It's PART OF THE JOB.
I'd say it's laziness, period.
Yes, i hear the old "he's been playing for SO long, he EARNED his being able to miss training camp." To that, i say BULL. He's still getting a paycheck, right? Should YOU be able to take off Monday through Thursday at your job, because you worked for 20 years? While the other workers work their collective butts off?
That shows you the attitude there. He thinks he's ABOVE all the work that is EXPECTED of a professional.
That's wrong. No matter WHO you are, in my view at least.

This! +1
musccy  
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:57:35 PM(UTC)
I understand what you are saying Cheesey but I would prob use a different word. I think Brett is a lot of things but not lazy. "entitled" in his opinion not doubt.

He admitted during this recent Chilly visit that he put on 14 pounds this offseason. What committed, devoted, ultra competitor sits on his ass for 8 months?

Favre gets his worshiped for his tenacity and desire to win, but few other NFL players get by with doing so little outside of sundays in autumn...anyone can get excited to play in front of 70,000 people, but true commitment involves the other 350 days of prep when nobody is watching.
Rss Feed