You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gravedigga  
#46 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:01:35 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 945
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
He's pissy because Favre didn't talk to reporters through him. That's what an agent does, right (besides negotiations w/ NFL teams)?

What I find funny is how everyone has a candid view into his (Favre's) brain and knows his every intentions.


I think that's a big part of it too. "I'm your agent, I should be told this stuff first so I can guide you into how to handle this, not some 'look at me' ESPN reporter".

There's just something about it that makes me think James flew off the handle for a reason we'll learn about later.


Favre reminds me of Andy Kaufman. Just playing with peoples head for his own amusement
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Gravedigga  
#47 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:08:18 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 945
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Here's what we know as fact: If Favre knew how to shut his yap, there wouldn't even be any comments about his "drama queen" status, correct?


But why should he have to shut his yap?

Is answering a question a sin? Are you coming back Brett? Hows your ankle Brett? Ankle feels sore, not sure if I'm coming back yet. He doesn't have to stay in seclusion just because you or anyone else wants him to. If the media, reporters or bitter/jealous fans wanna make more out of it than there really is, than thats their problem.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Gravedigga  
#48 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:13:11 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 945
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline musccy  
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:19:41 PM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,829
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 114

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten


The fact that John Daly, Bartolo Colon, and Tony Stewart can reach the pinnacle of their sports demonstrates that physical fitness is not always the key factor in success (in some sports). The quarterback is arguably one of these situations. Although mobility certainly enhances your effectiveness, you need a strong, accurate arm above all.
Offline Cheesey  
#50 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 1:15:43 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Favre is lazy. Not showing up, year after year, to sweat beside his team mates is LAZINESS.
You can CALL it "perceived entitlement" or whatever you want. I call it lazy.
Seriously, i don't give a rodents rectum about what Favre does.
Of course i'm HOPING that his desire to skip the workouts that are MANDATORY for every other player cause him to lose that 'edge" he had for several years. I hope he falls flat on his face.
If he does, i bet his Viking team mates won't have such loving kind words for "his highness". The ONLY reason he got away with it in Minny last year was that they had a decent season. If he's not so great this year, watch how fast the team AND the Vikings fans turn on him.
I can't WAIT for the season to begin, so i can watch the implosion!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#51 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 2:57:58 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten


HAHAHAH!!! I miss your posts, Digga! +1!!

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

I can't WAIT for the season to begin, so i can watch the implosion!!!


Didn't you say that last year, too? =)
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#52 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 4:04:43 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,734
Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten


HAHAHAH!!! I miss your posts, Digga! +1!!

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

I can't WAIT for the season to begin, so i can watch the implosion!!!


Didn't you say that last year, too? =)


I did too. And we got it just like I figured would happen. Still makes me smile too.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline longtimefan  
#53 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 3:36:22 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Posts: 3,499
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Now Bretts camp is trying to downplay this..

Word is Brett was in the room while Bus was saying this and was doing it in a joking manner...The reporter just twisted the facts

At least thats the story the camp is trying to put out

Funny when Rodgers was "misquoted" in saying get on board or shut up in the SI article Brett slobbers claimed no reporter would misquote people or purposely twist facts
Offline Pack93z  
#54 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 3:46:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,605
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 936

Color me officially of the opinion I give a shit... either way VR is going to suffer a bit this fall.. whether Brett shocks us or not.

BTW.. when he rejoins us I will post the owed Video on the second half of the wager.. all I will say is glad I am not Norwegian... I would be the worlds skinniest 6-4" person in the world.. I wouldn't eat the meal by choice.. I am thinking in the lines of choosing moldy slim drenched bark with a couple of slugs instead. ;)

On the Rodger line.. it was all about the timing. Nothing more.. and if anyone holds that against him vs all the correct things he has said and done.. well that is their opinion.. so be it.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#55 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 5:02:12 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Uh Oh!!!
We are in BIG trouble!
I just read that Brett IS coming back this year. Proof of this is, he just ordered a "Hoveround!"
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#56 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 6:21:28 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Now Bretts camp is trying to downplay this..

Word is Brett was in the room while Bus was saying this and was doing it in a joking manner...The reporter just twisted the facts

At least thats the story the camp is trying to put out

Funny when Rodgers was "misquoted" in saying get on board or shut up in the SI article Brett slobbers claimed no reporter would misquote people or purposely twist facts


Wouldn't surprise me if that's how it went down.

As for Rodgers.. I think he was rightfully justified in that quote.. whether it be misquoted or not.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Cheesey  
#57 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:19:25 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#58 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:21:33 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 945
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".


I think Favre will retire for real in 2 or 3 years when Peyton Manning is on the decline and thinking retirement.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Cheesey  
#59 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 7:16:33 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Might be so. He sure isn't giving up anytime soon, is he?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#60 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:19:09 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,869
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".


I think Favre will retire for real in 2 or 3 years when Peyton Manning is on the decline and thinking retirement.


Yep. I has said for a few years that he is motivated by what Manning does. He doesn't want to lose any of his records so soon.
Of course HE says that he is not motivated by records at all.
Yeah right. ::roll: Uh Huh.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
5 Pages«<2345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.414 seconds.