Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gravedigga  
#46 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:01:35 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
He's pissy because Favre didn't talk to reporters through him. That's what an agent does, right (besides negotiations w/ NFL teams)?

What I find funny is how everyone has a candid view into his (Favre's) brain and knows his every intentions.


I think that's a big part of it too. "I'm your agent, I should be told this stuff first so I can guide you into how to handle this, not some 'look at me' ESPN reporter".

There's just something about it that makes me think James flew off the handle for a reason we'll learn about later.


Favre reminds me of Andy Kaufman. Just playing with peoples head for his own amusement
Offline Gravedigga  
#47 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:08:18 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Here's what we know as fact: If Favre knew how to shut his yap, there wouldn't even be any comments about his "drama queen" status, correct?


But why should he have to shut his yap?

Is answering a question a sin? Are you coming back Brett? Hows your ankle Brett? Ankle feels sore, not sure if I'm coming back yet. He doesn't have to stay in seclusion just because you or anyone else wants him to. If the media, reporters or bitter/jealous fans wanna make more out of it than there really is, than thats their problem.
Offline Gravedigga  
#48 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:13:11 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten
Offline musccy  
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:19:41 PM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania
Applause Given: 384
Applause Received: 358
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten


The fact that John Daly, Bartolo Colon, and Tony Stewart can reach the pinnacle of their sports demonstrates that physical fitness is not always the key factor in success (in some sports). The quarterback is arguably one of these situations. Although mobility certainly enhances your effectiveness, you need a strong, accurate arm above all.
Offline Cheesey  
#50 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 1:15:43 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 542
Favre is lazy. Not showing up, year after year, to sweat beside his team mates is LAZINESS.
You can CALL it "perceived entitlement" or whatever you want. I call it lazy.
Seriously, i don't give a rodents rectum about what Favre does.
Of course i'm HOPING that his desire to skip the workouts that are MANDATORY for every other player cause him to lose that 'edge" he had for several years. I hope he falls flat on his face.
If he does, i bet his Viking team mates won't have such loving kind words for "his highness". The ONLY reason he got away with it in Minny last year was that they had a decent season. If he's not so great this year, watch how fast the team AND the Vikings fans turn on him.
I can't WAIT for the season to begin, so i can watch the implosion!!!
Offline Formo  
#51 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 2:57:58 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten


HAHAHAH!!! I miss your posts, Digga! +1!!

" said: Go to Quoted Post

I can't WAIT for the season to begin, so i can watch the implosion!!!


Didn't you say that last year, too? =)
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#52 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 4:04:43 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: Registered
Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)
Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten


HAHAHAH!!! I miss your posts, Digga! +1!!

" said: Go to Quoted Post

I can't WAIT for the season to begin, so i can watch the implosion!!!


Didn't you say that last year, too? =)


I did too. And we got it just like I figured would happen. Still makes me smile too.
Offline longtimefan  
#53 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 3:36:22 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Registered
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21
Now Bretts camp is trying to downplay this..

Word is Brett was in the room while Bus was saying this and was doing it in a joking manner...The reporter just twisted the facts

At least thats the story the camp is trying to put out

Funny when Rodgers was "misquoted" in saying get on board or shut up in the SI article Brett slobbers claimed no reporter would misquote people or purposely twist facts
Offline Pack93z  
#54 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 3:46:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 409
Applause Received: 1,111
Color me officially of the opinion I give a shit... either way VR is going to suffer a bit this fall.. whether Brett shocks us or not.

BTW.. when he rejoins us I will post the owed Video on the second half of the wager.. all I will say is glad I am not Norwegian... I would be the worlds skinniest 6-4" person in the world.. I wouldn't eat the meal by choice.. I am thinking in the lines of choosing moldy slim drenched bark with a couple of slugs instead. Wink

On the Rodger line.. it was all about the timing. Nothing more.. and if anyone holds that against him vs all the correct things he has said and done.. well that is their opinion.. so be it.
Offline Cheesey  
#55 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 5:02:12 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 542
Uh Oh!!!
We are in BIG trouble!
I just read that Brett IS coming back this year. Proof of this is, he just ordered a "Hoveround!"
Offline Formo  
#56 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 6:21:28 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Now Bretts camp is trying to downplay this..

Word is Brett was in the room while Bus was saying this and was doing it in a joking manner...The reporter just twisted the facts

At least thats the story the camp is trying to put out

Funny when Rodgers was "misquoted" in saying get on board or shut up in the SI article Brett slobbers claimed no reporter would misquote people or purposely twist facts


Wouldn't surprise me if that's how it went down.

As for Rodgers.. I think he was rightfully justified in that quote.. whether it be misquoted or not.
Offline Cheesey  
#57 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:19:25 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 542
The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".
Offline Gravedigga  
#58 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:21:33 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".


I think Favre will retire for real in 2 or 3 years when Peyton Manning is on the decline and thinking retirement.
Offline Cheesey  
#59 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 7:16:33 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 542
Might be so. He sure isn't giving up anytime soon, is he?
Offline wpr  
#60 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:19:09 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,602
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".


I think Favre will retire for real in 2 or 3 years when Peyton Manning is on the decline and thinking retirement.


Yep. I has said for a few years that he is motivated by what Manning does. He doesn't want to lose any of his records so soon.
Of course HE says that he is not motivated by records at all.
Yeah right. :Rolling Eyes Uh Huh.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
5 Pages«<2345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
gbguy20 (2h) : later even
gbguy20 (2h) : Shane Ray just fell to the end of the first round. Got caught with weed.
Smokey (4h) : Go dhazer Go !
Smokey (4h) : Greg Jennings signs 2yr deal with Miami .
Zero2Cool (5h) : uffda udfa is stealing your crown of biggest Ted hater
dhazer (5h) : Last couple days I have been getting more energy and lot less pain. But I am sure TT will put me back in pain lol
Smokey (6h) : Hello to ALL !
Smokey (27-Apr) : Hello Tex, r u going to join the Draft Chat this Thursday ?
Smokey (26-Apr) : Zero2Cool - 1 = Not2Cool :)
Smokey (26-Apr) : How are you feeling dhazer ?
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : BTW, when submitting shout, you must click SEND, return no workie.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : Some folks just do not learn.
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : ctrl + f5 to see gooder tablet layout
gbguy20 (23-Apr) : woops
gbguy20 (23-Apr) : oh LOL
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : u started a thread for another site seeking fans an writers :)
gbguy20 (23-Apr) : welp, i don't even know what you are referring to zero. So yes, it must have been an accident :)
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : thanks, hectic right now tho
dhazer (22-Apr) : 1-0 pens
dhazer (22-Apr) : kevin you got pens
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : gbguy20 - assuming you created that by accident lol
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Early Thanksgiving!! haha
Smokey (20-Apr) : Sorry to hear about your Turkey encounter. The bird was killed and tenderized ? Clean it, pluck it , and freeze it. Tastey Eating roasted !
Zero2Cool (20-Apr) : Schedule will be available tomorrow.
Smokey (20-Apr) : Eagles to sign TEBOW !
Mucky Tundra (19-Apr) : TEBOW
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Wow, the site is freaking smoking fast
Smokey (17-Apr) : Gilbert, \_/ !!
Smokey (17-Apr) : Zero, drink one shot with me pal !
Smokey (17-Apr) : Who will drink with me ? \_/
Smokey (17-Apr) : \_/, Cheers !
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : you did it!
Mucky Tundra (16-Apr) : i guess the packernews link really was buggy
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : lol oops... those should be img and img not im and url... nm im tired bed time
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : each tag has to have a closing tag . [img]url[/url] like that
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2015 Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

3h / Announcements / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / BobBrews

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Bigbyfan


Tweeter