Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#51 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 2:57:58 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten


HAHAHAH!!! I miss your posts, Digga! +1!!

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

I can't WAIT for the season to begin, so i can watch the implosion!!!


Didn't you say that last year, too? =)
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#52 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 4:04:43 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
wpr...it was on ESPN last night. He was joking about why he was throwing the football with the high school team because he needed to get in shape since he packed on 14 lbs since january.

I see what you're saying, but I'm involved with a sport that requires 50 weeks/year of training, and even in football, most nfl players take a month or so off, and are other wise working with specialists, personal trainers, etc. to maximize their fitness and skills all year long. Favre comes off as someone who just pops up when he pleases because he still gets a rush from the games, but doesn't then doesn't want to put in all the other necessary work, which just rubs me the wrong way.


Yea, if he actually committed to getting in shape, maybe he would have had a decent career. When all you do is fish, hunt, drink beer, pop pills and ride your tractor, you get mediocre results like Favre has gotten


HAHAHAH!!! I miss your posts, Digga! +1!!

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

I can't WAIT for the season to begin, so i can watch the implosion!!!


Didn't you say that last year, too? =)


I did too. And we got it just like I figured would happen. Still makes me smile too.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline longtimefan  
#53 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 3:36:22 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Now Bretts camp is trying to downplay this..

Word is Brett was in the room while Bus was saying this and was doing it in a joking manner...The reporter just twisted the facts

At least thats the story the camp is trying to put out

Funny when Rodgers was "misquoted" in saying get on board or shut up in the SI article Brett slobbers claimed no reporter would misquote people or purposely twist facts
Offline Pack93z  
#54 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 3:46:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Color me officially of the opinion I give a shit... either way VR is going to suffer a bit this fall.. whether Brett shocks us or not.

BTW.. when he rejoins us I will post the owed Video on the second half of the wager.. all I will say is glad I am not Norwegian... I would be the worlds skinniest 6-4" person in the world.. I wouldn't eat the meal by choice.. I am thinking in the lines of choosing moldy slim drenched bark with a couple of slugs instead. ;)

On the Rodger line.. it was all about the timing. Nothing more.. and if anyone holds that against him vs all the correct things he has said and done.. well that is their opinion.. so be it.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#55 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 5:02:12 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Uh Oh!!!
We are in BIG trouble!
I just read that Brett IS coming back this year. Proof of this is, he just ordered a "Hoveround!"
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#56 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 6:21:28 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Now Bretts camp is trying to downplay this..

Word is Brett was in the room while Bus was saying this and was doing it in a joking manner...The reporter just twisted the facts

At least thats the story the camp is trying to put out

Funny when Rodgers was "misquoted" in saying get on board or shut up in the SI article Brett slobbers claimed no reporter would misquote people or purposely twist facts


Wouldn't surprise me if that's how it went down.

As for Rodgers.. I think he was rightfully justified in that quote.. whether it be misquoted or not.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Cheesey  
#57 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:19:25 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#58 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:21:33 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".


I think Favre will retire for real in 2 or 3 years when Peyton Manning is on the decline and thinking retirement.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Cheesey  
#59 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 7:16:33 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Might be so. He sure isn't giving up anytime soon, is he?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#60 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:19:09 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The thing is......i do NOT hate Brett favre. Not one bit.
I refuse to cheer for him while he is a member of the Vikings (or any other team). But i still like him. I'd LOVE to sit and talk with him. I bet he'd be a HOOT to be with.
I can't blame him for wanting attention. problem is, when he finally DOES retire, it's gonna be a HUGE shock to him, as all his "friends" (and reporters) run off to the next "big story".


I think Favre will retire for real in 2 or 3 years when Peyton Manning is on the decline and thinking retirement.


Yep. I has said for a few years that he is motivated by what Manning does. He doesn't want to lose any of his records so soon.
Of course HE says that he is not motivated by records at all.
Yeah right. ::roll: Uh Huh.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<4567>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla