Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packers_Finland  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 5:05:13 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45
Don't kill me for this, I'm not even bashing, but Colin Cole played a hell of a game. Clearly much better than Pickett. But, the things is, Jolly didn't play too good either.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 5:09:24 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Rank: Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 42
Applause Received: 91
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Don't kill me for this, I'm not even bashing, but Colin Cole played a hell of a game. Clearly much better than Pickett. But, the things is, Jolly didn't play too good either.


You're right Cole had a better game than both of them. I do think Jolly was stout against the run, however.
Offline Pack93z  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 5:14:45 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 409
Applause Received: 1,110
I guess I am lost.. because I didn't see much open in the middle of the Packer defense yesterday.. I think all three of them had solid games.. Pickett will never be a QB terror.. not his game.. but I didn't see him give much up yesterday.. held the double team and played stout.. along with Jolly.

With Williams gone.. we haven't found anyone to push the center of the pocket yet... maybe Harrell will do it. Cole was a pretty rested soul entering the game yesterday afternoon.. I think that helped him as well.
Offline zombieslayer  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:15:37 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Don't kill me for this, I'm not even bashing, but Colin Cole played a hell of a game. Clearly much better than Pickett. But, the things is, Jolly didn't play too good either.


Laughing

Cole was blazing yesterday! I couldn't believe a big guy can run that fast. I'd hate to have someone that big running at me at that speed, that's fo shizzle.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:21:55 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio
Applause Given: 446
Applause Received: 533
It's amazing how much better The defense looked yesterday when they actually had time to rest up between series.

Pack needs to do the same this week, control time of possesion, keep that INDy Offense of the field.
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 7:43:07 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's amazing how much better The defense looked yesterday when they actually had time to rest up between series.

Pack needs to do the same this week, control time of possesion, keep that INDy Offense of the field.


Yeah, this is something I've been saying for a few weeks now.

It's not our D that's killing us. It's our O's lack of first downs that's killing our D.

Keep our O on the field, give our D some rest, and we will look much, much better defensively.
Offline beast  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 7:50:24 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 321
Applause Received: 368
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us. It's our O's lack of first downs that's killing our D.


Ding Ding Din we got a winner (sorry no prise)

But this is why I want Tony Gonzalez so much.

There is only a hand full of guys that can beat Jennings one on on for a game.

And there is only a hand full of guys that can beat Gonzalez one on on for a game.

And I'm not sure if any team has both a guy that can stop Jennings, and one that can stop Gonzalez.

Throw Driver, Nelson (or a health Jones), and Ryan Grant in there and the Packers should have a lot of choices of what to do.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us.


Also the D is killing us some but that's mainly due to injuries....

We need Bigby back with a healthy Rouse, and it would be nice if all the DL could get healthy and stop the run.
Offline zombieslayer  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 8:06:47 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us. It's our O's lack of first downs that's killing our D.


Ding Ding Din we got a winner (sorry no prise)

But this is why I want Tony Gonzalez so much.

There is only a hand full of guys that can beat Jennings one on on for a game.

And there is only a hand full of guys that can beat Gonzalez one on on for a game.

And I'm not sure if any team has both a guy that can stop Jennings, and one that can stop Gonzalez.

Throw Driver, Nelson (or a health Jones), and Ryan Grant in there and the Packers should have a lot of choices of what to do.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us.


Also the D is killing us some but that's mainly due to injuries....

We need Bigby back with a healthy Rouse, and it would be nice if all the DL could get healthy and stop the run.


That's the thing. Open up the middle with Gonzalez, and you start seeing more first downs. You start seeing more first downs, the D gets to rest. The D gets to rest, you see less injuries on defense. You see less injuries on defense, you start to see why our D was ranked #6 in the NFL last year again.
Offline beast  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 8:18:25 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 321
Applause Received: 368
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us. It's our O's lack of first downs that's killing our D.


Ding Ding Din we got a winner (sorry no prise)

But this is why I want Tony Gonzalez so much.

There is only a hand full of guys that can beat Jennings one on on for a game.

And there is only a hand full of guys that can beat Gonzalez one on on for a game.

And I'm not sure if any team has both a guy that can stop Jennings, and one that can stop Gonzalez.

Throw Driver, Nelson (or a health Jones), and Ryan Grant in there and the Packers should have a lot of choices of what to do.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's not our D that's killing us.


Also the D is killing us some but that's mainly due to injuries....

We need Bigby back with a healthy Rouse, and it would be nice if all the DL could get healthy and stop the run.


That's the thing. Open up the middle with Gonzalez, and you start seeing more first downs. You start seeing more first downs, the D gets to rest. The D gets to rest, you see less injuries on defense. You see less injuries on defense, you start to see why our D was ranked #6 in the NFL last year again.


Also all that also means is more points for the Packers offense, and less points for the other teams which equals more wins.
Offline mxchamp004  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 9:35:35 PM(UTC)
mxchamp004

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Any word on Bigby?
Offline bozz_2006  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:17:21 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Rank: Registered
Joined: 7/15/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14
any word on Bigby?
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

16-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra


Tweeter