Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:11:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

http://profootballtalk.n...-feel-sorry-for-the-guy/

Quote:
Brett Favre's former teammate LeRoy Butler says he just assumes that Favre will play in 2010, because Favre can't do anything other than play football.

And Butler told fellow former NFL player Tom Waddle in a radio interview in Chicago today that he pities Favre for his inability to find something else to do with his life.

"I actually feel sorry for the guy because he can't do like we do," Butler said. "I've always said, from the day when he cried in front of the media in Wisconsin and retired, the guy is a football player. He's not good at anything else."

Butler, a defensive back who was Favre's teammate in Green Bay from 1992 to 2001, said he thinks Favre is a great player, and that if Favre returns the Vikings should be considered the favorites in the NFC North. And he says Favre will return to the Vikings, because Favre can't imagine a life without football.

"He's a football player," Butler said. "That's the only thing he wants to do and he's going to continue to do that."
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:24:18 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Interesting. Can't really disagree with Butler in on this point.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Greg C.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:08:57 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Yeah, it's something that became apparent when Favre first began mentioning retirement, which I think was in 2002. He never said what he was going to do after retirement, other than golfing and hunting and mowing his lawn. He's never shown an interest in business or broadcasting or coaching or anything else. He's a very all-or-nothing kind of guy. If he can't have the adrenaline rush of playing pro football, he's not going to settle for some sort of lesser thrill. When he does retire, I think he's going to drive his wife crazy for at least a few years.
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:14:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Good comments.

I could see Brett coaching, but only at the High School level.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:45:50 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I've spent the past couple of hours trying to formulate a response to Butler's comments, but words fail me. All I keep thinking is "Wow . . . what an insult. What an utter body slam." It would be difficult to come up with a more thorough critique of a fellow player's manhood than what Butler said.

I respect people who speak their minds, but Butler sure does not play nice.
UserPostedImage
Offline RaiderPride  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 1:23:48 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 202

I have little respct for Mr. Butler.

However... Thanks for posting this. It is interesting.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Formo  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 3:19:37 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I've spent the past couple of hours trying to formulate a response to Butler's comments, but words fail me. All I keep thinking is "Wow . . . what an insult. What an utter body slam." It would be difficult to come up with a more thorough critique of a fellow player's manhood than what Butler said.

I respect people who speak their minds, but Butler sure does not play nice.

It kinda is an insult, and I wouldn't be surprised nor would I disagree with Favre if he took offense to it. But at the same time, Butler brings up a very valid view point. He knows Brett far better than I, so I'm just assuming he's correct in his assessment.

But, it's not like it's a real bad insult or anything.. I believe that the reason football is everything to Favre is how and why he's been so successful in his career.

The real question for me is.. If it were not for football.. where would Favre be today? And would he be married to the hotness that is his wife?
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Online Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 10:39:57 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Brett himself said he thinks at times "man i cant retire... what will i do?"

Guess he insulted himself?
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 10:45:05 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I would regard running oneself down as a self-insult, yes. Heaven knows I've done it plenty of times. I am my own worst critic.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 10:46:15 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I would regard running oneself down as a self-insult, yes. Heaven knows I've done it plenty of times. I am my own worst critic.

So, should others be viewed negatively for shooting out the same insult you have about yourself? Or is it just viewed they agree with your self assessment?
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 10:48:15 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I'm not sure I understand your question. Who in this thread was viewing Butler negatively for what he said?
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 10:52:40 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I'm not sure I understand your question. Who in this thread was viewing Butler negatively for what he said?

I wasn't intending to imply anyone had or was. It was just a question.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 11:11:12 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

It's an interesting philosophical question you raise, and there probably isn't a right or wrong answer to it.

For example, there is a group of people who think I'm amazing. There is a (probably much larger) group of people who hate my guts. And then there is the rest of the world, which is pretty much indifferent. If I happen to agree with the assessment of one of these groups, does that make that group's view of me any more valid? Or does it just poin to the fact that I (and probably they) are biased one way or the other?

In my experience, very few people are capable of making realistic self-appraisals.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 11:15:04 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Even bigger insult, nobody outside of Green Bay ever heard of Leroy Butler except FSU alum from 20 years ago. So now he, just like the rest of the media try to get their name out there by making comments about stars. Thats pretty weak, especially since he rode the guys cape for many years. He should say thanks, not insult him.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Rockmolder  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:00:39 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 258

Even bigger insult, nobody outside of Green Bay ever heard of Leroy Butler except FSU alum from 20 years ago. So now he, just like the rest of the media try to get their name out there by making comments about stars. Thats pretty weak, especially since he rode the guys cape for many years. He should say thanks, not insult him.

Wow, seriously?
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed