Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:29:40 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

http://profootballtalk.n...million-plus-incentives/

Quote:
Currently, Vikings quarterback Brett Favre is due to earn a base salary of $13 million in 2010. In an effort to persuade him not to retire, the Vikings are willing to bump the number to $16 million, and then some.

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that the Vikings have offered a $3 million raise to Favre, along with incentives that if met would push the total even higher.

We still think Favre also will hold out for the ability to show up a week or so before the regular-season opener. And giving coach Brad Childress an atomic wedgie on national television probably remains a deal breaker for Brett.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:32:09 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

The Vikings should pay him at least 2 million per game. He's the only reason to watch the Vikings, oh and to see how many times Adrian pumps the ball to the ground.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:32:10 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Wow. Would that make him the highest-paid quarterback for a single season in NFL history?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:37:48 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

A couple of texts could be worth 3 Million.. Brett is a freaking genius.. Flip flopping has made him a very rich man.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:53:45 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 686
Applause Received: 1,404

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
A couple of texts could be worth 3 Million.. Brett is a freaking genius.. Flip flopping has made him a very rich man.

I think Mrs. Brett Favre pulls those strings. The Vikings and Brett look very, very bad in this situation.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:59:10 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

I agree the Vikings look like the desperate prom queen that got stood up... but they have little choice when they punted the ball into Brett's court the last 12 to 14 months..

I think long ago Brett showed that he gives a rip how he is perceived publicly.. and the more he flounders around like a out of water guppy the better the Packers look in hindsight for their part in the initial divorce in 08'.

Sentiment in MN is quickly turning on the legend..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:05:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 686
Applause Received: 1,404

Sentiment in MN is quickly turning on the legend..

Are you kidding, they'll collectively bend over for Favre, smile, and say thank you may I have another. I wonder how Form and Nick are doing today?
UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:05:50 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

Where do you get the sense that the sentiment has turned in MN?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:18:55 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Well there is this.. and there is the text I have gotten from my relation the Viking fans.. to quote my cousin.. "I would rather go 6-10 than have Brett "save us" this season. He is pathetic."

http://www.startribune.c...tml?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

Quote:

They warned us. Remember?

The embedded Packers fans amongst us warned us that Brett Favre would break our hearts, whether on the field of play or in the absurd theater of his mind. He would throw the killing interception when you least wanted or expected it, would turn our summers into melodramas that teased, then annoyed, then infuriated us.

Could they have been more right? Could they have asked for any more reason to say, "I told you so?"

From mid-August through early January last season, Favre gave us the most remarkable season of any quarterback in franchise history and the most efficient season of his stunning career.

If we dare take him seriously amid his latest threats of retirement -- and history tells us we should not -- he will have devastated a franchise that treated him with deference and reverence and betrayed the trust of his teammates and coaches.

He will have done so in just the manner Packers fans predicted, by throwing an inexplicable, championship-losing interception on his final play in purple, then turning his decision on retirement into a sad serial of self-indulgence.

If he indeed retires, he would no longer be the Hamlet of Hattiesburg, but something more akin to Iago, who left destruction in his wake.

Favre has earned comparisons to boxers who retire only to announce their comeback, but the comparison is not apt. Boxers are individuals. Favre plays the position at the nexus of the most intricately choreographed team sport in existence.

If he indeed retires, he will have betrayed everyone in purple from owner Zygi Wilf to aging defensive tackle Pat Williams, who might not have even returned if not for the promise of a Favre-directed championship.

When I arrived on the practice field Friday morning to watch the Vikings' first training camp practice, I ran into Wilf. The conversation was not for the record, but I can tell you that he was optimistic, almost buoyant, while chatting about his team.

UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:23:29 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

Most of my Vikings friends (and there are a LOT, as I have lived my whole life in Vikings territory) have generally been of the opinion that, "seriously? He's retiring now? Yeah right, he's coming back." They're being surprisingly level-headed about this... which pisses me right off! lol
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:30:39 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Other than the humor aspect, I care not if he plays or not...

But to be honest.. there is a small part of me that is reveling in the drama Brett is once again stirring.. it will do nothing to help the Vikes and Vikesrule this coming season.. I smell defeat.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:33:12 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

The offer is jumping... lol.. flat out panic has set in.. or media types are winging it.. ;)

http://www.jsonline.com/.../wisconsin/99934284.html

Quote:
Here's the latest from the Minneapolis Star Tribune on the latest Brett Favre drama. Vikings beat reporter Judd Zulgad, who got this whole thing rolling yesterday, reports that NFL sources tell him the Vikings have offered Favre a package that would pay him up to $20 million to return this year instead of the previously agreed-upon $13 million.

UserPostedImage
Offline dhpackr  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:56:24 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

20 million is a ton of money, take the money and play brett
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline IronMan  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:57:29 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 103

I wonder what the incentives are?
Offline Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 2:07:58 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

I wonder what the incentives are?

Fly into MN.. have Chilly pick you up, fawn over you in the press and save his ass for another season. ;)

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed