but it is fun to see the double standards that the Brett worshipers have and I LOVE to prove them wrong
I think you base people who like Favre on one or two people on this forum. Which is not the norm. I have never said he's perfect. My whole point is that why do people care so much about this - lets say he sent all these texts and then denied it - how is that affect anyone? I think its stupid for ESPN to have a special, for NFL Network to have a special, for every columnist in the country to come out with views as of all this stuff are facts, etc based on anonymous sources without hearing anything from Favre or the Vikings. I think thats careless.
I didn't know that Shanicoe saw the texts personally and went on the record and said that - source? If he did, I don't understand why these reporters couldn't have waited until a public source confirmed the news. Oh wait, they can't because they have to get the Tweet out there first.
If all of this is a coverup to ensure that Favre doesn't look like a liar about the texts, the Vikings are the most cohesive unit in the history of sports. This is how it would have gone down:
1) Favre texts teammates and calls Vikings organization on Monday night
2) Favre plans a press conference or press release to retire
2) Vikings organization immediately figures out who Favre texted and contacts them and tells them not to say anything to the press
3) The next day, the players that got texts do not mention it to a lot of their teammates as I was watching on NFL Network and the reporter there said many of the players were geniunely shocked by the news that Favre retired
4) Favre's family members in Mississippi come out and lie and say they didn't know a decision was made
4) Childress comes out and lies to reporters
5) Longwell, Hutchinson, etc. all come out and lie, including Longwell releasing the text in which Favre says I'm going to be on the next flight to Minny because Longwell found a pizza buffet or something - WOW, does Longwell not want Favre to look like a liar
6) Favre talks to Maraccui Tuesday night, lies and says he has not decided yet
7) Favre wakes up Wednesday morning and goes to Oak High School to throw a bit to ensure that everyone believes his lie that he hasn't made a decision - and subjects himself to the media
8 ) Favre lies and says he didn't send texts that said he is 100% done
ALL of this lying to ensure that Favre does not look like a liar to the public? If you ask me, the truth is somewhere in the middle, like Favre was heavily considering retirement or whatever and it got blown out of proportion.
But overall, my point is the media is out of control when it comes to Favre - any journalistic integrity is thrown out. If it isn't from Favre or the Vikings, why does anyone (especially Packers fans) care? Either he'll be playing this year or not. Like what is the point of proving he lied about the texts or whatever, who cares. How do you know the Vikings didn't tell him "do not mention the texts" or whatever. It doesn't prove he's the anti-christ or whatever, it doesn't prove a darn thing!
Glazer's story is so high level, he doesn't get into any details. It didn't interest him at all about the lie? If these "sources" have already revealed all this to him, wouldn't they also release the conspiracy and say how the Vikings organization forced them to lie?
Overall, I don't care (as I think most people that like him don't) about how Favre acts off the field. For all I know he sent text pictures to a Jets cheerleader while married. I don't care. End result, I like how he plays on the field, its fun to watch, its entertaining, he gets you up out of your seat on Sundays and America LOVES to watch him - his games are consistently rated the highest. Thats why I watch sports, to be entertained, not to find a morally uncorrupt individual. This whole Favre lied about texts is a witchhunt that does not change a THING in the grand scheme.