Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
14 Pages«<1011121314>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhpackr  
#166 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:13:30 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 963
Joined: 12/12/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
That stuff is all public. Just like Twitter. Just like Facebook. Should it be private? Probably. But it isn't. And your texts and my texts are no more private than Brett's.


naw, just do not agree with that thought process. There is a difference between posting on your wall and sending a PRIVATE TEXT 2 someone.

in your opinion, are all our cell phone conversations open to the public also?
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline longtimefan  
#167 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:29:05 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Posts: 3,499
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
you need to give up. do not see how someones personal texts to a friend is any of your business, no matter what was written.

just b/c it is a pro athlete you figure you have a right to his personal conversations?


You still dont get it?

If he did say I am retiring in the texts then is lying to cover it up then that is an issue..

As stated if he can lie about something as little as a text chances are he can lie about bigger things. The GB drama?

Then that would mean lot of people are being led to believe lies

But if you still dont understand then I really give up
Offline Pack93z  
#168 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:36:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,752
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

Yes it is an issue.. but only an issue with Favre's reputation and for the Viking organization and roster.. but beyond that it is nothing that hasn't been exposed before about Brett.

Brett may have burnt a couple of personal bridges with the teammates he texted and now is basically labeling them as mistaken.. but beyond that I see little impact.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#169 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:36:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,655
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,995

I have no doubt Brett sent the messages, and then lied saying he didn't. I wouldn't blame him for it either because of the media attention. If he admits he sent them, then the media asks when you announcing it, you gonna cry again, you havent announced it yet so what is making you reconsider, etc ...

Admitting he sent the texts opens up a huge plethora of more questions. it's not that hard to figure out.

So he lied, big deal. He does that.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dhpackr  
#170 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:24:25 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 963
Joined: 12/12/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
If he did say I am retiring in the texts then is lying to cover it up then that is an issue..


for whom is it an issue?? you??? no one else seems to care!!

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

As stated if he can lie about something as little as a text chances are he can lie about bigger things. The GB drama?


What GB Drama??
Once again, as it has been pointed out by members of this very forum, Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy wanted to move on with A-Rod.

He was a 1st round pick, his contract was about to expire, and they(TT & MM) wanted to see if this kid could play, so they(TT & MM) did not try to keep brett, instead just let him go.

but not entirely, Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy did their best to keep brett from playing in the NFC North, but it did not work out.

again, do not see how brett's private message to a friend is any of our business.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#171 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:16:11 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 712
Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
If he did say I am retiring in the texts then is lying to cover it up then that is an issue..


for whom is it an issue?? you??? no one else seems to care!!

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

As stated if he can lie about something as little as a text chances are he can lie about bigger things. The GB drama?


What GB Drama??
Once again, as it has been pointed out by members of this very forum, Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy wanted to move on with A-Rod.

He was a 1st round pick, his contract was about to expire, and they(Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy) wanted to see if this kid could play, so they(Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy) did not try to keep brett, instead just let him go.

but not entirely, Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy did their best to keep brett from playing in the NFC North, but it did not work out.

again, do not see how brett's private message to a friend is any of our business.


Stop it, don't you know Brett Favre is the most evil person in the world and TT/MM are angels living among the human race?

Both are who they are. Both sides would do anything to discredit the other side, thats life. Move on, both have to gain from lying or whatever about the 2008 off season. BIG SURPRISE.

I still don't understand how if this text happened or didn't proves anything at all - which we still don't know if it did or didn't. If this is your evidence that Favre was a big fat liar about the 2008 off season and TT/MM are angels, I don't know what to tell you.
blank
Offline Gravedigga  
#172 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:21:54 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 945
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


I heard Favre told Deanna that he was gonna take out the garbage but he didn't . She woke up the next day and wouldn't you know it, the garbage was still right there, in the kitchen as it was the night before. Now, some people might not think it's a big deal but the rest of us know better. He is such a liar and it proves that he could have been lying about the 2008 Drama with the Packers. Just saying, it's possible.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#173 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:22:19 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 712
Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
LTF's argument is unimpeachable, Gravedigga. If he lied about this, he certainly could have lied before.


This is like a classic LSAT question or something (if A is like B, and B is like C....). I don't understand the logic that his argument is unimpeachable.

1) You don't even know what the text messages said (if they even happened).

2) You don't know someone's motivation for lying even if he did. May be the Vikings told him to because they didn't want an even bigger circus and he said "ok fine, I don't care".

Etc.

That's like saying if Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy lied at some point in their life about something, then they were lying about everything in the 2008 off season. If someone really thinks that Favre possibly hiding text messages to teammates somehow proves that Favre probably lied in the 2008 off season, I don't know what to tell you. It's a bit of a stretch.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#174 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:26:32 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,689
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I think some people on this board need to do some reading about the subjunctive mood.

Words like "would," "could" . . . we're talking about hypothetical scenarios here, people, not facts!
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#175 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:27:01 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 712
Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

You still dont get it?

If he did say I am retiring in the texts then is lying to cover it up then that is an issue..


The only people making this an issue are people that hate Brett Favre. Everyone that just wants him to go out and entertain us football fans (yes I said it, I am also a football fan in addition to being a Packers fan - OMG!).

But I will continue to defend him because the hate on Favre gets extremly irrational at points. Some stuff is legit, yeah that throw against the Giants in 2008 was horrible in OT - stuff the opposite of legends. But a lot of stuff is just plain irrational hate for no reason.
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#176 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:32:01 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,949
Joined: 7/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
That stuff is all public. Just like Twitter. Just like Facebook. Should it be private? Probably. But it isn't. And your texts and my texts are no more private than Brett's.


naw, just do not agree with that thought process. There is a difference between posting on your wall and sending a PRIVATE TEXT 2 someone.

in your opinion, are all our cell phone conversations open to the public also?


See, thats my point. Yes i think Facebook should be public. No, i dont think texts should be public. No, i dont think phone calls should be public. But just because i THINK they should be private doesn't make it so. Teresa nothing that makes them private. I mean, there's no firewall or encryption on them. If someone is motivated to make them public, they can. Just because we perceive a sense of privacy doesn't make it a reality.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#177 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:32:17 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 712
Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I think some people on this board need to do some reading about the subjunctive mood.

Words like "would," "could" . . . we're talking about hypothetical scenarios here, people, not facts!


You can use fancy words, it still doesn't change the logic. The theory that IF Favre lied about sending private text messages to his teammates (without knowing the motivation or reason behind lying) somehow leads to the conclusion or contributes to the conclusion that he probably lied about the 2008 Off Season is illogical. It does not flow no matter if your in a "subjunctive mood" or drunk.

IF TT/MM lie about something next year (e.g., whether a particular player is injured or not) does that mean that the same could be said about them and the 2008 off season, is that theory impeachable?
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#178 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:37:26 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,689
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Because you're setting up a neat little strawman and then knocking him down and acting like you've won the argument.

No one here is saying that because Favre has lied before, he must necessarily be lying now. Or that he must have lied about this thing or that thing. We're saying he COULD HAVE LIED.

Anything is possible. We're not making judgments as to probability here. And we're definitely not discussing certainties.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#179 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:44:18 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 712
Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Anyone is capable of lying about anything (including TT/MM), so thats not the theory. The theory must be that Favre is more likely to have lied about 2008 because of what he said about these texts in 2010.

I just think if LT is on this mission to discredit Favre about this texts in order to lead into something about the 2008 off season, I think that has many holes. You don't know people's motivations, thats my whole point. What if Favre was told by his Coach to not mention the texts, is that still mean you can draw something about 2008?

The reverse to all this is that TT/MM are less likely to lie about 2008 because they didn't lie about these text messages. I just don't get it, I think its all a bit of a stretch.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#180 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:47:31 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,689
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The theory must be


Your saying it's so doesn't make it so.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
14 Pages«<1011121314>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

4h / Random Babble / porky88

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

5h / Random Babble / MontanaBob

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

11h / Announcements / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / 68md

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / QCHuskerFan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / StarrMax1


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.