Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 3:54:00 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,952
Applause Received: 2,170

http://www.whosay.com/Ch...content/1757?code=UTN3ce
Quote:
Just relayed on SportsCenter and ESPNews that Vikings All-Pro DE Jared Allen wants Favre to make a decision by week 3 preseason game out of fairness to the team and Tavaris Jackson.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 6:11:03 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

hmmm Bretts official board owner is SAYING
Quote:

'I'm beginning to wonder if Minnesota has tired of Favre? The way the Minnesota press has turned on him and now today Jarrod Allen. Im a little surprised one of his own teammates would trash him. After all they of all people should know the toll 20 plus years of hits can take on you. The Vikings have never gone anywhere, whats the big deal?"
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 6:41:41 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Heh, one of the comments on that Twitter feed is amusing:

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Das sollte Torsten Frings auch mal bei zil machen! Deadline setzen: "Bis hierhin und nicht weiter, Freundchen! Fertig werden, Mesut!"

Translation:

Torsten Frings should do the same thing with zil! Set a deadline: "This far and no further, my friend! Get over it, Mesut!"

(Torsten Frings and Mesut zil are players on the German football team. It would appear from this comment that zil has been indecisive about his return to the squad.)
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 6:46:05 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

It's hard to take Allen serious on this.. due to his almost constant joking manner. Whatever, though.. I just want the season to kick off already.

Also would like to add that I'm completely comfortable with either Favre or Jackson taking the reins of the Vikings.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 12:24:19 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,952
Applause Received: 2,170

I think Allen was serious and I don't think he's out of line at all. What he says is something everyone already thinks and realizes. The difference is, he's on the Vikings and said it publicly.

There's no harm in his words.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 12:42:14 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 408

No....no.....ONLY Brett Favre is allowed to speak his mind. NO ONE else.
UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 1:48:11 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

It's getting kind of hard not to say "I told you so" in the general direction of Minnesota. The teams and fan base really had the, "No pressure, everything is cool, he can do what he wants and we're just happy to be near enough to sniff his jock" attitude going quite well for a while.

But you can't avoid the drama.

I'm sure everyone on the team has an opinion. We've only heard a few of them speak out publicly. A certain Vikings board has a 25 page thread arguing about Favre since the "retirement" talk a week or two ago.

This is all after ONE offseason. Welcome to what used to be our world. Imagine it for 3-4 years.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 2:34:25 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

How is Allen trashing him, that Board Owner or whatever is an idiot.

Allen wasnt mad, he didnt say Favre was selfish, he just said he believes team needs to know by 3rd pre game, Mortensen tweeted. Allen said he felt a decision was important out of fairness to the team and (backup quarterback) Tarvaris Jackson.

Brett Favre and Childress have already said they have a deadline in mind and that Favre knows the exact deadline. I really doubt that Favre is going to wait to make a decision after the 3rd pre game anyway. I would be shocked if this deadline they've set is sometime after the 3rd pre game. Thats weeks away. Allen is just stating the obvious.

If this counts for as Favre news these days, wow.

Overall, I love how the Vikings organization is so obsessed and careful with a Packers legend, lol. How funny is that someone as candid and frank as Allen words something so obvious so carefully as to not insult Favre, lol.
blank
Offline Formo  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 4:01:56 PM(UTC)
Formo

It's getting kind of hard not to say "I told you so" in the general direction of Minnesota. The teams and fan base really had the, "No pressure, everything is cool, he can do what he wants and we're just happy to be near enough to sniff his jock" attitude going quite well for a while.

But you can't avoid the drama.

I'm sure everyone on the team has an opinion. We've only heard a few of them speak out publicly. A certain Vikings board has a 25 page thread arguing about Favre since the "retirement" talk a week or two ago.

This is all after ONE offseason. Welcome to what used to be our world. Imagine it for 3-4 years.

Yeah.. well I still have the 'cool' attitude. I'm not sure if you are referencing PP.O.. but I reminded them at how retarded they all sounded in that Favre thread.. and was completely ignored. That's fine though. Just know that not EVERY Viking fan is 'up in arms' over Favre and whether or not he'll be back.

If I remember correctly, he didn't even show up to practice until after the first preseason game anyway.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:08:10 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

It's hard to take Allen serious on this.. due to his almost constant joking manner. Whatever, though.. I just want the season to kick off already.

Also would like to add that I'm completely comfortable with either Favre or Jackson taking the reins of the Vikings.

If Jackson leads your team, we sweep you guys and there won't be much fight for 1st place in the NFC North.

I'd much rather Favre play for 2 reasons:
1) he's my fave player,
2) I want us to EARN the NFC North, not just win it because da Bears suck, the Lions are rebuilding, and the Vikings are on the decline.

#2 is like the difference between earning a million bucks and finding it in a suitcase. Although the latter would be nice, the former will give you more self-respect.

Do you really think the Vikings will be ok with TJ leading your O? Now, he's not a bad QB. He's just not a good QB. You won't go far with him. I thought you even admitted that a while back.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Formo  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:15:52 PM(UTC)
Formo

Do you really think the Vikings will be ok with TJ leading your O? Now, he's not a bad QB. He's just not a good QB. You won't go far with him. I thought you even admitted that a while back.

I think they'll be ok. Doesn't mean they'll go to the Super Bowl.. although I don't think that'll happen with even a healthy Favre heading the O (if he comes back this year, I don't see him being 100% healthy).

The last time I watched T-Jack was last year's preseason.. And he actually looked good. I look forward to watching him again tomorrow. Of course it's preseason and it makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to real time kickoff, but still.

There's still a bit of hope that T-Jack matured the past year+.. especially learning behind #4. We'll only know if he plays in a real game, though.

It also could be entirely possible that I'm completely comfortable with T-Jack as much as I'm comfortable with Favre because I'm just restless for the season to kick off already..
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:17:06 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 694

I have to admit it. For me, Jared Allen has become one of those rarest of Vikings, the ones who you would like to have on your team. Partly because he's a good player, but partly because he's got a refreshing sort of "different drummer" attitude.

I used to think he was just another drunken thuggish NFL player. But I think I've changed my mind.

(Please dont let Formo or Vikesrule see this.)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Formo  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:20:02 PM(UTC)
Formo

I have to admit it. For me, Jared Allen has become one of those rarest of Vikings, the ones who you would like to have on your team. Partly because he's a good player, but partly because he's got a refreshing sort of "different drummer" attitude.

I used to think he was just another drunken thuggish NFL player. But I think I've changed my mind.

(Please dont let Formo or Vikesrule see this.)

It's not me you have to worry about.. It always starts with one player.. then the next thing you know you are wearing a purple jersey, a helga hat and SKOLing your lungs out. Don't worry.. it's a thing of glory!

Now, DakotaT might have something to say about this, though. I'd worry more about him.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:28:47 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

It's not me you have to worry about.. It always starts with one player.. then the next thing you know you are wearing a purple jersey, a helga hat and SKOLing your lungs out. Don't worry.. it's a thing of glory!

Now, DakotaT might have something to say about this, though. I'd worry more about him.

Whoa. Don't be jinxing Wade. He's already weird. Don't need to add depressed to the mix. Vikings fans every other year get all hyped up that this is the year only to be let down every time. Wade doesn't need that crap in his life.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Wade  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:31:12 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 694

dream on, young man. dream on.

i stayed a packer fan in the dark ages between super bowls 2 and 31. I stayed a packer fan past Charles Martin, Ken Stills, and Forrest Gregg the coach.

Fred Cox. Jim Marshall. Ron Yary. John Randle. Now Jared Allen.

45 years a Packer fan. 5 vikings, not a one of them a "skill position" or a coach.

I actually like the purple color, too. But while I own "Purple Rain" on both vinyl and CD, I'll never have a purple football jersey.

But feel free to keep dreaming.

:)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rss Feed