Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
17 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline peteralan71  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:38:06 PM(UTC)
peteralan71

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 7

Huchinson, Longwell, and Allen were missing from practice today. It is thought that they went to Hattiesburg to try and convince Brett that he needs to make a decision, pushing him toward coming back. Thoughts?
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:40:25 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 685
Applause Received: 1,401

Have we had an update on his ankle lately?
UserPostedImage
Offline peteralan71  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:43:03 PM(UTC)
peteralan71

Applause Given: 29

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Have we had an update on his ankle lately?

Not that I have heard of, just that he went to visit Dr. Andrews to have a check-up on it.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.

UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:47:42 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 164
Applause Received: 269

This is pure comedy. Vikings in desperation mode to bring Favre back...

As if the extra money wasn't enough to bring him back, lets send 3 of our athletes to go BEG him to come play.

What.a.joke.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:50:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

If he truly has a bum ankle, every defensive coordinator in the league is gonna blitz him into retirement. I really don't want him carried off the field.
UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:52:01 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1

Brett's ego has a serious hard-on right now.
UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:12:26 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

In all honesty, I'm with Dakota. He was seemingly unbeatable last season. Then the saints figured out a way to beat him, and they practically beat him to death. What DC in his right mind wouldn't take a cue from the NFC championship game?
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:23:54 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,988
Applause Received: 2,283

Unfortunately, I have no source to link, but it's been said that Brett was "offended" by the Vikings offer of more money, implying that's why he'd come back. Apparently Brett just wanted to retire and walk (limp) away.

I don't know how true that is, but after hearing that and watching the video of Ed Werder (sp) talking to him while he's in his truck ... kind of made sense to me.

I don't think Brett wants to come back an risk going 2 - 2 against the Packers or getting hurt worse than he did against the Saints. There's also a few dubious records he's within reach of that I don't feel he wants any part of. I also think going out with the statistical season he had gives him solace that he went out on 'top' too.

I'm confident he'll be back, but I can see why he would call it quits too.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:41:33 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

i think it worked..His message board is about to announce something soon, and the owner has been saying its going to be a good day in the nfl
Offline dingus  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:57:36 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 27

He's supposedly on a plane to MN. now. Lucky them!
blank
Offline DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:03:34 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Dammit, now we have to listen to Gravedigger all fricken year. :icon_smile:
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:05:05 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 693
Applause Received: 725

Actually, I don't think teams will get away with the strategy the Saints used in the Super Bowl. I think they'll get flagged if they do (and IMO should). Especially early in the season.

A lot of things get let go in the SuperBowl that don't get let go in the regular season. And while this may be a bit of a conspiracy theory, I think the Saints got away with a bit extra because of the "making history" PR line (first ever super bowl, post-katrina, etc).

Beating the crap of Favre has been tried many times. What was different about the Saints is they were willing to flirt with crossing the line (if not outright ignoring it) a lot more. I don't think that is going to be replicable, especially with the "icon" thing operating, in the regular season.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on this: if the Saints "go after Favre" in week 1 the way they did in the championship game and the way they went after Manning in the Superbowl, they'll get flagged early and often.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Online Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:08:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Dammit, now we have to listen to Gravedigger all fricken year. :icon_smile:

I can fix that. ;)

As per the Saints figuring Brett out, as I posted earlier, that's false. It's been known how to beat Brett. Make him play from behind and hit him hard and often. It's easier said than done.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:09:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

There's just something about August 17th that Brett Favre must like. (Either that, or Jared Allen did a great job tying Favre up.)

Exactly one year from the day Brad Childress first chauffeured Favre to the Minnesota Vikings facility, there are multiple indications that Favre has finally decided to return to the team for the 2010 season.

Scott Hanson of NFL Network reports that Favre is on a jet heading north to Minnesota. We haven't confirmed that news, but we can repeat an email sent out from Brett Favre's official website. The email says:

"Stay tuned for breaking news from the Minnesota Vikings today on Brett Favre's possible return. Visit the Vikings.com and Officialbrettfavre.com for more information."

Was there ever any doubt?

UPDATE: We have confirmation Favre is on the flight. Although this gives him extra time to change his mind.

UPDATE II: Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Favre told the trio of Vikings who came to persuade him to return that he is "back in" and he's on a plane to Minnesota now.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:12:43 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Awesome news! I thought all along he'd come back but was starting to get worried.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed