Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
17 Pages«<910111213>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#151 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:11:37 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
He's supposedly on a plane to MN. now. Lucky them!

Dammit, now we have to listen to Gravedigger all fricken year. :icon_smile:

It's Gravedigga to you. When you say Gravedigger, it's offenssive to me!!

If that little error offends you, I don't think we can be friends anymore. I make way too many mistakes.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#152 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:12:11 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Ted and Mike both stopped at Brett's home while on their way to a scouting shindig.

But they still stopped there. That's my point. Obviously they weren't giving Favre the keys to the Packers organization.. So why is the view of Chilly going to Mississippi (I hate spelling that name, BTW) indicitive of him handing the keys to the Vikings organization?
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Pack93z  
#153 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:12:26 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,060

LOL.. I think you need to go back and check my views on the Saints game.. I thought some were just as pathetic as Allen's.

The double standard in this case is thinking Allen's were fine and bitching about the Saints.. lol.

BTW.. you can't throw that accusation the Packers way.. be barely got close to Favre in two games. ;)

Point is.. Allen was in error on judgment on those hits.. but then complained about low blocks.. double standard whining bitch. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#154 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:19:03 PM(UTC)
Formo

LOL.. I think you need to go back and check my views on the Saints game.. I thought some were just as pathetic as Allen's.

The double standard in this case is thinking Allen's were fine and bitching about the Saints.. lol.

BTW.. you can't throw that accusation the Packers way.. be barely got close to Favre in two games. ;)

Point is.. Allen was in error on judgment on those hits.. but then complained about low blocks.. double standard whining bitch. ;)

Well, truth be told I don't remember much posts, if any, from that time frame. Obviously I was in a midst of a mental wipe.. Defragging my brain so to speak. I'll believe it when I see it. =)

I don't blame Allen for his actions. I played the same way. Never got close enough to get a late hit, but if I were in those situations that Allen was in; things wouldn't have went differently. I'm not a dirty player. I don't blame him for being emotional about the low hit on him either. Don't think he should have thrown the fit he did (I would have sucked it up and schooled that OL the next 8 plays), but fact is, it was a low hit. Did the that OL TRY to take him out? I don't think so. But I'm going off memory from what? 2, 3 years ago?

Bottom line, Allen was justified in his bitchings... despite his propensity of getting fined / penalized for late hits (BTW, they weren't illegal for being low hits in those days).
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#155 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:21:00 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

It doesnt matter, you make a statement that this dirty behavior is not acceptable. Remember when Kyle Turley ripped that guys helmet off and chucked it. That would be me right there. I bet the guy he was sticking up for felt like THAT guy has my back and I bet the other team didn't mess around anymore after that.

I get your point I really do, but to do it at that point to get ejected? Wont help your team..

Since it was Brett that was getting the punishment he should have went and done everything you asked..

I think that would have sent the message right? Although he would have been ejected, but as you said it doesnt matter

I think the answer to this dilemma is going after their quarterback the same way. Seems to work in baseball. Bean a guy, and the opposing pitcher retaliates.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#156 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:21:19 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

how bout Allen saying

Quote:
Jared Allen also had a bit to say. "Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#157 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:22:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

He's supposedly on a plane to MN. now. Lucky them!

Dammit, now we have to listen to Gravedigger all fricken year. :icon_smile:

It's Gravedigga to you. When you say Gravedigger, it's offenssive to me!!

If that little error offends you, I don't think we can be friends anymore. I make way too many mistakes.

:thumbleft: :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#158 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:23:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Ted and Mike both stopped at Brett's home while on their way to a scouting shindig.

But they still stopped there. That's my point. Obviously they weren't giving Favre the keys to the Packers organization.. So why is the view of Chilly going to Mississippi (I hate spelling that name, BTW) indicitive of him handing the keys to the Vikings organization?

I didn't say it was, nor do I think it is.

The entire scope of everything the Vikings are doing ... I think is giving too much power to Brett.

View it from one of the other 52 men in the locker room.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#159 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:25:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,060

Formo.. the reality of the Saints game.. I don't think I was posting much during that.. I was on a VR type hiatus of sorts.. lol.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#160 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:28:14 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

BTW.. I am more bitter about Jared Allen's knee shots on Schaub than any of this Brett saga drama nonsense..

Yes shots on a Texan QB.. lol.

You and Dakota should form a therapy group. Not for his apparent attempt at ending Schaub's life, but the double standard for cheap shots at a QBs knees (sh*tting bricks when Allen gives a dirty hit, but not a peep when Favre gets them throughout an entire game)

:thumbright:

If 93 and I start a group, it isn't going to be for therapy, it is gonna be a gang designated to convert dilusional Viking fans into reasonable Viking fans by any means necessary. Guess what slapnuts, you get invitation #1. Got your Ritchie Blackmore glasses all cleaned for the season, I see.

If Favre gets taken out this season, he has more than earned the anger of the player delivering the hit. I have said over and over that I do not want to see Brett carted off. Brett is our Prodigal brother - he has been lost for several years now, but when he finally returns we will accept him back.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#161 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:30:22 PM(UTC)
Formo

how bout Allen saying

Quote:
Jared Allen also had a bit to say. "Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine."

What does that have anything to do with an illegal late or low hit? Nothing? Ok then.

It's obvious you never played on the defensive side of the football. We talked about killing the ballcarrier. Yes. KILLING him. We are all murderous wretches.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#162 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:41:50 PM(UTC)
Formo

BTW.. I am more bitter about Jared Allen's knee shots on Schaub than any of this Brett saga drama nonsense..

Yes shots on a Texan QB.. lol.

You and Dakota should form a therapy group. Not for his apparent attempt at ending Schaub's life, but the double standard for cheap shots at a QBs knees (sh*tting bricks when Allen gives a dirty hit, but not a peep when Favre gets them throughout an entire game)

:thumbright:

If 93 and I start a group, it isn't going to be for therapy, it is gonna be a gang designated to convert dilusional Viking fans into reasonable Viking fans by any means necessary. Guess what slapnuts, you get invitation #1. Got your Ritchie Blackmore glasses all cleaned for the season, I see.

If Favre gets taken out this season, he has more than earned the anger of the player delivering the hit. I have said over and over that I do not want to see Brett carted off. Brett is our Prodigal brother - he has been lost for several years now, but when he finally returns we will accept him back.

I was hoping to draw you out of hiding.

Also would like to let you know that you won't find a more reasonable Viking fan than myself. There's a lot like me, but I have yet to meet a guy that's more objective than myself.

Just because you and 93z have a romanticized 'Camelot' vision of the game of football, doesn't mean that's how it was meant to be played.

=D
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#163 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:45:20 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

how bout Allen saying

Quote:

What does that have anything to do with an illegal late or low hit? Nothing? Ok then.

It's obvious you never played on the defensive side of the football. We talked about killing the ballcarrier. Yes. KILLING him. We are all murderous wretches.

Never said it did?

I said how about him saying it

Meaning is it okay for him to say that (given the fact no one has really ever said that in print before) at least not that I seen

That ties into the whole illegal hit and such
Offline Formo  
#164 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:45:54 PM(UTC)
Formo

I didn't say it was, nor do I think it is.

I wasn't implying that you thought so. I was saying in general.

The entire scope of everything the Vikings are doing ... I think is giving too much power to Brett.

View it from one of the other 52 men in the locker room.

The entire scope of what the Vikings are doing and have done is under the banner of lets get to the Super Bowl.. AT ALL COSTS. I can't blame them. This is the most proactive team I remember seeing at getting to the big game in my lifetime, so I'm obvioiusly 100% ok with it.

I honestly think people are losing it if they think the players in the locker room are unhappy with how the teams being run ATM. They know the costs as well.. Just look at the age of some of those guys.. P.Will, Hutch, Whinny, etc.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#165 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:47:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I think it's kind of funny too that we have lots of fan's saying Ted doesn't open up enough to get players in. Then Vikings go balls out and get criticized for it.
UserPostedImage