Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline millertime  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 12:04:08 AM(UTC)
millertime

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 6

Nick Collins

I'm glad you learned how to catch. You've always been a good tackler, but you've morphed into a great all around safety.

I love you,

millertime
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi
Offline bozz_2006  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 12:14:38 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

I'm not going to apologize for backing him up. I'm proud of myself for being right. nothing wrong with that.
UserPostedImage
Offline Packnic  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 12:24:21 AM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I'm not going to apologize for backing him up. I'm proud of myself for being right. nothing wrong with that.

nothing at all.

I dont wanna steal Nick's thunder here. But i thought Aaron Rouse played pretty damn good tonight too. The read on that 99 yard Pick 6 was professional. It was against a damn good QB as well. I know Atari will replace him when he is healthy and that Nick Collins has a choke hold on his starting position, but this kid might be that bad ass leader we have been talking about needing. Watching his locker room video and seeing how physical he was today with a good group of WRs. Im not condoning dirty play at all... his definetely intentional face mask... well say what you want about it, but i have never seen a legendary defense that was nice .
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 12:31:12 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

in-team competition is vital
UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:11:42 AM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

Nick, I'm sorry these guys doubted you.
UserPostedImage
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:30:38 AM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

Collins has been on my starting DB for fantasy this entire season, and i'm not sorry. hehe. i've been a believer since the beginning of preseason. he's a rising star, i think we can all see it.

god...it's so great to see this kind of stuff from our secondary, huh? really great stuff this year!!!
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:31:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,035
Applause Received: 1,472

Great thread guys. While I did not dislike Nick I was never vocal in support of him either.
I just figured that he was young as is most of the team and he would get better with time. Of course I assumed Ahmad Carroll would develope into a solid DB too.

UserPostedImage

Offline evad04  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:55:16 AM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 139

Nick --

I always loved your 93 speed in Madden. User picking with you was easy because I could cover the whole field with you. I manually controlled you at safety, and now you're manually controlling my heart with your playmaking skills. I knew you had it in you. Did this letter just get weird?

-evad04
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline agopackgo4  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 4:30:21 AM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

Nick...Im sorry for what I said during the preseason. When I said that you could get your arms chopped off and still tackle just as well, as long as you had your shoulders. Without those beautiful arms...We wouldn't have your beautiful hands...without your beautiful hands..we wouldnt have the beautiful INT's. On to the probowl!!
Offline Greg C.  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 8:28:54 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I give you credit for backing him up. Some others backed him up too. My comment about your post was just meant as a joke. I guess it's not the first time that satire has been misinterpreted on the Internet. I'll try and be a little more careful.
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 10:37:31 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

I give you credit for backing him up. Some others backed him up too. My comment about your post was just meant as a joke. I guess it's not the first time that satire has been misinterpreted on the Internet. I'll try and be a little more careful.
:wickedfart:
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#27 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 10:44:34 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Bozz.. and am with you.. I said back to last year.. Collins is the QB of this secondary.. assignment sure. But he has elevated his game with confidence.. I apologize for thinking you were never going to become the "big" play guy.

Here is too hoping I can start my own Colledge, Hawk, or Poppinga thread in the near future. Wait.. maybe that Poppinga covering the TE thread will have to wait.. Chillar assumed the role. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline joym13  
#28 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:20:15 PM(UTC)
joym13

Applause Received: 1

I have to agree, I was really hoping Rouse would get the starting job during training camp! Boy was I wrong! Collins really seems to "get it" this year - hat's off to him!
blank
Offline DakotaT  
#29 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:26:11 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Collins has been on my starting DB for fantasy this entire season, and i'm not sorry. hehe. i've been a believer since the beginning of preseason. he's a rising star, i think we can all see it.

god...it's so great to see this kind of stuff from our secondary, huh? really great stuff this year!!!

Yeah, well I remember the days of Ahmad Carroll and Mike Hawthorne. We waited long enough. This secondary is shaping up to be as good, if not better than that of the '96 Packers. One difference is that I think the '96 safeties were better, but the 08 corners are better than the '96 corners.
UserPostedImage
Offline dingus  
#30 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:26:14 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 27

Agreed, I never posted anything anti-Collins but I was hoping for Rouse too. Upside is Rouse gets more time to learn and strengthen that depth. Great job Nick Collins!
blank
Rss Feed