Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NodakPaul  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:03:20 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Is it a slightly out-of-focus picture taken from a group of bushes way off but with a telescoping lens that shows Aaron in his living room with his shirt off? Cause that would be creepy.


And how can JA get any sacks when he shows up to the game wasted? Cause he's, ya know, an alcoholic, so he'll def be drunk.


You realize that Allen doesn't drink anymore, right? If the Packers never had any recovering alcoholics on their team, then maybe those digs would stick. But people who live in glass houses...
Cheesey  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:08:50 PM(UTC)
I wonder if he looks at the picture while he pulls an "Ernest Borgnine???"
NodakPaul  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:11:23 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post

As for your question, mostly it stems from Jared Allen's lack of exemplary off the field behaviour (e.g. his drink driving), and you can really compare how he approaches the game and life, compared to say, Aaron Kampman (who was out in tornado ravanged country helping where he could). As a well known athlete, he *should* be held to a higher standard than anybody else precisely because so many people look up to him and envy his ability. He gets paid an exorbitant amount for really what amounts to running around a park, chasing people. Hell, I've done that since I was 5. But nobody paid me to do it. Maybe I'm just bitter because I just spend the last 3 hours applying to companies for work, in what we call the real world :D.


I like how you pick and choose examples to work with. You mention Kampman's work in tornado ravaged country, but conveniently don't talk about Allen helping out in flood ravaged Iowa, or in Hugo after the tornado destroyed a large neighborhood. You overlook Allen flying to Moorhead to promote youth sports. You also forgot all of the time and money he has donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. He even has a special program set aside to raise money for the foundation, called Sack Diabetes.

He has made mistakes, to be sure. It took a couple of days in jail for him to admit that he was an alcoholic, and has been sober ever since (going on two years sober for him in case you are curious). One thing that I like about him is that he has always been open with the media regarding his arrests and suspensions. He takes full responsibility, never tries to blame it on someone else (i.e. Cedric Benson). That speaks volumes IMHO.
NodakPaul  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:12:59 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post

BTW, Mike Harmon has picked Allen to lead the NFL in sacks again this year.
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/8451088


He might, but Aaron Rodgers won't be a victim. However, I can see him crushing Kyle Orton and Kitna multiple times.

Wanna make a bet that Allen doesn't sack Rodgers? Some sort of forum bet, where your avatar wears a tutu or something. Hmm, this bet is getting sexy.


Not even one sack on Rodgers? OK, I am all about that bet!
pack_in_black  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:18:54 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Is it a slightly out-of-focus picture taken from a group of bushes way off but with a telescoping lens that shows Aaron in his living room with his shirt off? Cause that would be creepy.


And how can JA get any sacks when he shows up to the game wasted? Cause he's, ya know, an alcoholic, so he'll def be drunk.


You realize that Allen doesn't drink anymore, right? If the Packers never had any recovering alcoholics on their team, then maybe those digs would stick. But people who live in glass houses...



I know, Nodak. That comment was tongue-in-cheek. I should've said something about abusing pain pills, woulda been more obvious I guess, albeit not at all relevant to J A.






But the only reason it'd be creepy if that was the pic in his locker is because I haven't provided any prints from my personal collection to anyone, so how Allen would've gotten his purple mitts on my work is beyond me...
NodakPaul  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:22:40 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Is it a slightly out-of-focus picture taken from a group of bushes way off but with a telescoping lens that shows Aaron in his living room with his shirt off? Cause that would be creepy.


And how can JA get any sacks when he shows up to the game wasted? Cause he's, ya know, an alcoholic, so he'll def be drunk.


You realize that Allen doesn't drink anymore, right? If the Packers never had any recovering alcoholics on their team, then maybe those digs would stick. But people who live in glass houses...



I know, Nodak. That comment was tongue-in-cheek. I should've said something about abusing pain pills, woulda been more obvious I guess, albeit not at all relevant to J A.






But the only reason it'd be creepy if that was the pic in his locker is because I haven't provided any prints from my personal collection to anyone, so how Allen would've gotten his purple mitts on my work is beyond me...


LOL> Sorry, I read through your post quickly and didn't pick up on the sarcasm. My Bad! :)
subin  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:39:52 PM(UTC)
Does he have a bottle of KY Jelly and some tissues in there as well?
porky88  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:56:17 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
He might get a sack or two, but 5? Pure arrogance. Why do people with such poor attitudes get several million dollars per year to trash talk their heads off?


To be honest, I haven't see or heard this "quote" anywhere else except for the original poster. I am starting to doubt it. He does talk a lot of smack, but that is one that I haven't seen. Even if he did say it, it is just that, smack. There is a difference between trash talking and honest expectations.

Also, keep in mind that it is not impossible by any means. Osi Umenyiora had 6 against the Eagles just last season. But I agree that we will more likely see one or two.

I am curious as to the "poor attitude" comment though. Why do you think that Allen has a poor attitude?


I don't think it's out of the question Allen can get a sack or two on Rodgers but I don't doubt he said this. Either way, the Vikings are talking a lot of smack for a team that the last time they played the Packers, loss the game 34-0.
GreenBlood  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:11:14 PM(UTC)
I'll bet you anything Kampman matches him sack for sack, and that's WITHOUT opening his mouth and saying anything stupid.
Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:16:22 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'll bet you anything Kampman matches him sack for sack, and that's WITHOUT opening his mouth and saying anything stupid.


Well done.. welcome to the site.. head up to the top and start a intro thread..

+1
dfosterf  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:21:41 PM(UTC)
Ah, been here ten minutes and already got to stick my nose in things :icon_smile:

"Chiefs DB Fred "The Hammer" Williams got his nickname for his signature hit, a clothesline-like tackle that left receivers loopy. He also hammered opponents with his mouth. Before Superbowl 1 he boasted that he would take out Green Bay's star receiver Boyd Dowler and bring down Carroll Dale soon after. Instead, THE HAMMER GOT HAMMERED, and was knocked out of "his" Superbowl by Green Bay."

Ya see, having a long history does pay dividends--- Even the Viqueens count the first Superbowl :icon_smile:
Pack93z  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:30:15 PM(UTC)
dfosterf - Enjoyed that little story.. if that is a hint of posts to come.. stick your nose in many a posts. Well done devildog.. well done.


Hopefully history repeats it self.. Cliffy delivering a couple of pops to Allen and keep Rodgers clean.
TheEngineer  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:53:21 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I like how you pick and choose examples to work with. You mention Kampman's work in tornado ravaged country, but conveniently don't talk about Allen helping out in flood ravaged Iowa, or in Hugo after the tornado destroyed a large neighborhood. You overlook Allen flying to Moorhead to promote youth sports. You also forgot all of the time and money he has donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. He even has a special program set aside to raise money for the foundation, called Sack Diabetes.

He has made mistakes, to be sure. It took a couple of days in jail for him to admit that he was an alcoholic, and has been sober ever since (going on two years sober for him in case you are curious). One thing that I like about him is that he has always been open with the media regarding his arrests and suspensions. He takes full responsibility, never tries to blame it on someone else (i.e. Cedric Benson). That speaks volumes IMHO.


In all honesty, I hadn't known about Jared Allen's charitable actions, but quite frankly I am not interested in all the good he does, for what comes out of his mouth could be as much about volunteer work as it is about blasting his helmet into Rodgers' spine.
Formo  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:22:52 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I like how you pick and choose examples to work with. You mention Kampman's work in tornado ravaged country, but conveniently don't talk about Allen helping out in flood ravaged Iowa, or in Hugo after the tornado destroyed a large neighborhood. You overlook Allen flying to Moorhead to promote youth sports. You also forgot all of the time and money he has donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. He even has a special program set aside to raise money for the foundation, called Sack Diabetes.

He has made mistakes, to be sure. It took a couple of days in jail for him to admit that he was an alcoholic, and has been sober ever since (going on two years sober for him in case you are curious). One thing that I like about him is that he has always been open with the media regarding his arrests and suspensions. He takes full responsibility, never tries to blame it on someone else (i.e. Cedric Benson). That speaks volumes IMHO.


In all honesty, I hadn't known about Jared Allen's charitable actions, but quite frankly I am not interested in all the good he does, for what comes out of his mouth could be as much about volunteer work as it is about blasting his helmet into Rodgers' spine.


But then he'd be looked upon as a pompus prick.

Whether people like it or not, smack IS apart of the game. Some indulge into it, others do not.

The bottom line will be the final score at the end of 9-8-08
bozz_2006  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:40:39 PM(UTC)
And Packers fans will, naturally, think he's a jerk for talking like that.
Cheesey  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:44:22 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?


I do have a diaper with some "Grey Poupon" it!!! :compress: :pottytrain2:
longtimefan  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:57:44 PM(UTC)
Here I thought this thread was all about Allen and his pic of rodgers with the porn stach

I am disappointed!

Anyways, it was pointed out that Allen had trouble getting thru our line last year..

He MIGHT get to rodgers a little easier, but I do not think he will cause to much trouble
Gravedigga  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:15:49 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This reminds me of that chump who used to play for the Vikings who was good for a season or two, who was obsessed with Favre. What was his name again?

Hovan


He was really good in Madden. Thats about it tho
NodakPaul  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:20:37 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Here I thought this thread was all about Allen and his pic of rodgers with the porn stach

I am disappointed!

Anyways, it was pointed out that Allen had trouble getting thru our line last year..

He MIGHT get to rodgers a little easier, but I do not think he will cause to much trouble


He has a bit more help this year too... ;)
NodakPaul  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:20:56 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'll bet you anything Kampman matches him sack for sack, and that's WITHOUT opening his mouth and saying anything stupid.


I'll take that bet.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (21h) : Cavs!!!!!
Cheesey (26-May) : POLAR BEARS!!!!???lol!
Zero2Cool (26-May) : PENGUINS!!!!
Zero2Cool (24-May) : Sad about Cortez Kennedy. I remember playing him in Tecmo (beast!)
Cheesey (23-May) : RIP Cortez Kennedy
Smokey (23-May) : R.I.P.Sir Rodger (007) Moore .
Smokey (23-May) : Try Fish
Porforis (22-May) : Chicken 4 dayz!
gbguy20 (22-May) : Agreed
Smokey (21-May) : Yes, I like Chick-fil-a .
Smokey (21-May) : Rabid Chicken ? LOL
rabidgopher04 (21-May) : Chick fil a
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Penguins & Bad Guys Tied 2 apiece! LETS GO PENS!
Smokey (20-May) : Who sells the best Chicken Sandwich ? Wendy, the King, McD, etc. ?
Smokey (20-May) : Just Visiting ? Join and post today !
Zero2Cool (18-May) : Screw you. (signed Pens fan)
TheKanataThrilla (18-May) : Go Sens!!! Will be in the crowd for the Friday game.
Smokey (18-May) : E.Lacy makes weight in Seattle by 2 lbs. (253 lbs.)
buckeyepackfan (17-May) : Blount signs 1 year deal with Eagles.
DarkaneRules (14-May) : and still! Miocic & Jedrzejczyk
Zero2Cool (13-May) : RP ... you mean Go Pens ... I fix for you.
RaiderPride (13-May) : Gotta Love P.K. T.K.T. I agree.. Go Preds.
Smokey (12-May) : CB Kevin King signs 4 yr deal, no 5th year option .
TheKanataThrilla (12-May) : Go Nashville in the West
TheKanataThrilla (12-May) : My son is wearing his Mario Lemieux Pens shirt and my daughter is wearing he Sens shirt. We win no matter what.
Zero2Cool (11-May) : Aaron Nagler:Packers announce first training camp practice to be held Thursday, July 27
Zero2Cool (11-May) : Capitals are dirty weak trash.
Zero2Cool (11-May) : NHL is great! PENGUINS!!!!
yooperfan (10-May) : Screw the NBA and the NHL, neither are worth watching!
wpr (10-May) : hahaha. Poor Bettman. Worth the price to see it.
TheKanataThrilla (10-May) : Bettman would blow a gasket if it was an all-Canadian finals. I want Nashville as I am a huge Mike Fisher fan.
Smokey (10-May) : Cheap Shot ? I think not .
wpr (10-May) : Thrilla how about an all Canada Finals?
TheKanataThrilla (10-May) : Pens tomorrow. Screw you Caps for the cheap shot on Crosby.
TheKanataThrilla (10-May) : Go Sens. Want to see the Sens pull it out tomorrow.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Saturday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-May / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

25-May / Around The NFL / Cheesey

25-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

21-May / Packers Draft Threads / Smokey

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

Headlines