Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cheesey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:39:11 PM(UTC)
I don't know if anyone "hates" him.
I love what he did in his time here. Nothing will change that.
But he's not "one of us" anymore, he's a NY boy.
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:43:11 PM(UTC)
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.
Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:48:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:53:02 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.
Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:56:45 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:21:48 PM(UTC)
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.
RaiderPride  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:48:27 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.


It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:44:49 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.


It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.


Who ever Favre would have played for this year, I would be backing him 100% he is still the QB/man that he has always been IMO.

Pouting? I dont think so.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:47:23 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.



That excitement is still there for me, watching Favre play for who ever, I sitll get to see him having fun on the field win or loose. Was a little weird at first seeing him in antoher uniform, but I have gotten used to it now and am getting to know all the other players on the team.
elleblue  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:16:21 PM(UTC)
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.
zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:32:46 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.


I always root for the Lions QB. I feel so bad for the guy. He's a Lions QB. He doesn't need scorn. He needs a hug.
bigfog  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:34:59 PM(UTC)
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.
elleblue  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:36:05 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.


I always root for the Lions QB. I feel so bad for the guy. He's a Lions QB. He doesn't need scorn. He needs a hug.


Awww! :grin: That's cute. You are a true all around good guy. I feel bad for good players on bad teams, but I never really think too much about their plights.
elleblue  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:38:14 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.


Not me, I'm the girl who kept rooting for Mark Messier, after he became a free agent and joined our nemsis (and opponent in the 1994 Stanley cup) the Canucks. Then we got him back! ::lol:
zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 2:35:50 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.


Not me. I rooted for James Lofton when he was on the Raiders and especially the Bills. He ended up playing in Super Bowls and got one or two Pro Bowls on the Bills late in his career.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (4h) : Just like last year at 4-6. The guy is just too funny!
buckeyepackfan (4h) : GOOD news Uffda is already all but writing The Packers off for 2017!
uffda udfa (8h) : Masturbation talk from Barfan? Nothing could make me COME back, quicker.
wpr (9h) : Maybe the shout box needs to take a timeout. People keep using it. ;)
Zero2Cool (10h) : Why do this is in shout? So frustrating. Post in forums. Thanks
Barfarn (10h) : Masterbation will relieve some of that nervous tension!
uffda udfa (12h) : Now, a guy they really liked and have groomed for 3 years is the guy. Tons of toys on O. Let's see how it runs with a great coach, now.
uffda udfa (12h) : The Flynn Patriots game has been used to say that he is. Seneca and Scott showed otherwise.
uffda udfa (12h) : Hundley is going to settle the debate once and for all in whether Mike McCarthy is a great coach, or not.
uffda udfa (12h) : Doesn't speak well to the talent acquired by the org, does it? Easy to say talent is great until Rodgers is gone and you have to see it wit
Porforis (12h) : Could Sam Bradford come into the Packers and post a winning record from here on out? Are there any non-starters in the NFL that could?
Zero2Cool (12h) : Teddy is replaceable. Aaron is not. Vikings have a really good defense. We do not. Understand??
Zero2Cool (12h) : You are wise enough to know the difference. Right?
uffda udfa (13h) : Here's one for you, Z. Vikes lose Teddy B. and go out and aggressively get Bradford. Packers lose 12 and go out and get a UDFA.
uffda udfa (13h) : :) Evans had a pre-draft visit with Packers.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Put it in a topic. My lord why so difficult lol
uffda udfa (14h) : http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jerod-evans?id=2558099
uffda udfa (14h) : http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/former-virginia-tech-qb-jerod-evans-issues-warning-after-going-undrafted-043017
uffda udfa (14h) : Oh, Jerod Evans formerly of Va Tech is our Hokie QB plan
uffda udfa (14h) : Was previously on Eagles PS
uffda udfa (14h) : Tweeted the below due to huge chip on his shoulder for going undrafted after leaving early.
uffda udfa (14h) : Packers add Jerod Evans to PS. He went undrafted: https://twitter.com/rodfor6_/status/858382534274682884
Smokey (15h) : NO a 6 point favorite to beat the Packers in GB .
Zero2Cool (17-Oct) : Yes!!!!!
Porforis (17-Oct) : "I said that too. Why don't you quote me?? I'm famous!" - Zero2Cool
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : I said that too. Why don't you quote me?? I'm famous!
uffda udfa (16-Oct) : @ProFootballDoc says Rodgers could return Week 14 at earliest, and surgery speeds up return timeline.
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : McCarthy dropped a "bullshit" on packers.com stream. No delay apparently lol
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : @AaronNagler One thing is crystal clear: McCarthy is pissed at the way his team played yesterday.
Smokey (16-Oct) : 2017 Packers are done , time to focus on the 2018 NFL Draft .
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : Mike McCarthy says Aaron Rodgers "suffered a significant injury". Will require surgery. Potentially season could be over.
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : McCarthy --Rodgers will have surgery. Potentially season is over.
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : NaVaorro Bowman will get his full-year salary from the 49ers AND get another $3 million from the Raiders.
Smokey (16-Oct) : COOL !
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : added a links dropdown with some misc web links
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / isocleas2

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

14h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gotarace

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

Headlines