Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cheesey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:39:11 PM(UTC)
I don't know if anyone "hates" him.
I love what he did in his time here. Nothing will change that.
But he's not "one of us" anymore, he's a NY boy.
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:43:11 PM(UTC)
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.
Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:48:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:53:02 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.
Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:56:45 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:21:48 PM(UTC)
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.
RaiderPride  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:48:27 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.


It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:44:49 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.


It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.


Who ever Favre would have played for this year, I would be backing him 100% he is still the QB/man that he has always been IMO.

Pouting? I dont think so.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:47:23 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.



That excitement is still there for me, watching Favre play for who ever, I sitll get to see him having fun on the field win or loose. Was a little weird at first seeing him in antoher uniform, but I have gotten used to it now and am getting to know all the other players on the team.
elleblue  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:16:21 PM(UTC)
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.
zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:32:46 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.


I always root for the Lions QB. I feel so bad for the guy. He's a Lions QB. He doesn't need scorn. He needs a hug.
bigfog  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:34:59 PM(UTC)
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.
elleblue  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:36:05 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.


I always root for the Lions QB. I feel so bad for the guy. He's a Lions QB. He doesn't need scorn. He needs a hug.


Awww! :grin: That's cute. You are a true all around good guy. I feel bad for good players on bad teams, but I never really think too much about their plights.
elleblue  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:38:14 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.


Not me, I'm the girl who kept rooting for Mark Messier, after he became a free agent and joined our nemsis (and opponent in the 1994 Stanley cup) the Canucks. Then we got him back! ::lol:
zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 2:35:50 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.


Not me. I rooted for James Lofton when he was on the Raiders and especially the Bills. He ended up playing in Super Bowls and got one or two Pro Bowls on the Bills late in his career.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1m) : Longest current winning streaks in the NFL: 3-49ers, Cowboys, Jaguars 2-Panthers, Lions, Eagles, Bills, Broncos, Chiefs
Zero2Cool (8h) : NFL. Done. 2018 I wait.
hardrocker950 (8h) : Raiders lose due to fumble in the end zone
Zero2Cool (9h) : @zachkruse2 Nick Perry has almost as many injuries (4) as sacks (7) in the first year of his $60M deal. Hand, foot, shoulder and now ankle.
Zero2Cool (10h) : sommbitch ... my game feed crapped out
Zero2Cool (11h) : Allison wasn't going to the ground though.
beast (11h) : Allison fumble, and that touchdown were the same play... either both should be catches or both should be drops
beast (11h) : That's a touchdown! ... he lost control of the ball after crosing the goaline
beast (11h) : He caught the ball and crossed the goaline UNTOUCHED!
dhazer (11h) : well we made the Panthers owner sell the team lol
dhazer (11h) : beast it did not take a touchdown away, by the rule you must maintain control of the ball so he didnt catch the ball so it was not a td
Zero2Cool (11h) : And there it is... Panthers up for sale after end of season
beast (12h) : NFL catch rule screwed the Steelers... took a TD away from them
beast (12h) : Steelers got screwed by the NFL rule...
hardrocker950 (14h) : Antonio Brown injured
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : If this is an incomplete pass in the Seahawks game I am pissed
hardrocker950 (20h) : That number will likely shrink a lot after this weekend
Zero2Cool (20h) : Damarious Randall and Josh Hawkins as the defense's top cornerbacks today.
Zero2Cool (20h) : 24 teams are still alive for playoffs in week 15...
buckeyepackfan (21h) : We have a winner! Zero tell Smokey what he has won! :)
Zero2Cool (21h) : that's the guy who wanted chagne of scenery i suppose
Zero2Cool (21h) : Marvin Lewis’ plans to leave his job as Bengals’ HC after this season
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers have been using the 4-3 for awhile on defense.
Smokey (21h) : Tears for Fears
buckeyepackfan (22h) : Shout! Shout! Let it all out! Who sang it?
yooperfan (17-Dec) : Game time weather: 48, PC wind sw at 4mph
yooperfan (17-Dec) : "RUN THE TABLE"
yooperfan (17-Dec) : Rise and shine Packers fans!
buckeyepackfan (17-Dec) : THAT BAAAAAAAD MAN IS BACK!
buckeyepackfan (17-Dec) : GAMEDAY! #assesagainstthewall!
buckeyepackfan (17-Dec) : GOOD MORNING PACKER FANS!
Mucky Tundra (17-Dec) : when did Saturday games become a thing again?
gbguy20 (17-Dec) : Fucking game isn't on tv in MN
beast (17-Dec) : Wait, why are you starting Christmas shopping early? ;p
Smokey (17-Dec) : Been there, finished that .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines