Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cheesey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:39:11 PM(UTC)
I don't know if anyone "hates" him.
I love what he did in his time here. Nothing will change that.
But he's not "one of us" anymore, he's a NY boy.
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:43:11 PM(UTC)
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.
Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:48:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:53:02 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.
Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:56:45 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:21:48 PM(UTC)
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.
RaiderPride  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:48:27 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.


It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:44:49 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.


It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.


Who ever Favre would have played for this year, I would be backing him 100% he is still the QB/man that he has always been IMO.

Pouting? I dont think so.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:47:23 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.



That excitement is still there for me, watching Favre play for who ever, I sitll get to see him having fun on the field win or loose. Was a little weird at first seeing him in antoher uniform, but I have gotten used to it now and am getting to know all the other players on the team.
elleblue  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:16:21 PM(UTC)
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.
zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:32:46 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.


I always root for the Lions QB. I feel so bad for the guy. He's a Lions QB. He doesn't need scorn. He needs a hug.
bigfog  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:34:59 PM(UTC)
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.
elleblue  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:36:05 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.


I always root for the Lions QB. I feel so bad for the guy. He's a Lions QB. He doesn't need scorn. He needs a hug.


Awww! :grin: That's cute. You are a true all around good guy. I feel bad for good players on bad teams, but I never really think too much about their plights.
elleblue  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:38:14 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.


Not me, I'm the girl who kept rooting for Mark Messier, after he became a free agent and joined our nemsis (and opponent in the 1994 Stanley cup) the Canucks. Then we got him back! ::lol:
zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 2:35:50 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.


Not me. I rooted for James Lofton when he was on the Raiders and especially the Bills. He ended up playing in Super Bowls and got one or two Pro Bowls on the Bills late in his career.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
hardrocker950 (42m) : But I put it mostlt on the offense and poor playcalling
hardrocker950 (42m) : I have seen the defense take a lot of flak over the loss..
Cheesey (1h) : Rodgers would have hit open guys. The game plan wouldn't have killed us. Less 3 and outs, and maybe some scores.
beast (2h) : Rodgers wouldn't of abandon attepting to get the ball to Nelson and Adams.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Rodgers with that game plan would have came up short too.
beast (3h) : Yeah the Packers defense got wore out... being on the field so long. Giving longer breathers than 3&out would of helped a lot IMO.
Cheesey (4h) : There wouldn't have been so many 3 and outs, thus keeping our D off the field.
Cheesey (4h) : True, but with the low score we would have had a chance with Rodgers behind center.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Brees is a damn good QB, not giving Capers a pass, not even close.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Saints kicked Packers ass with Rodgers too.
Cheesey (5h) : That's just it. Rodgers needs a DEFENSE as well. And without him, there is NO chance.
beast (6h) : Just fire everyone! Rodgers can do it without them! Hell trade for the healthy Browns players!
Cheesey (8h) : Capers needs to GO. So do players that can't cut it.
Zero2Cool (9h) : Capers presser summed up? INjuries are why we suck. (shut up, coach and adapt)
Zero2Cool (9h) : nearly crapped myself hearing dom capers talk, forgot to close the tab after mccarthy haha
Zero2Cool (9h) : McCarthy said the communication was not good enough on defense yesterday. Injuries in secondary have complicated substitution patterns.
Zero2Cool (9h) : McCarthy again says "I believe in him"... sorry, BS, we saw how you believe in him yesterday.
Zero2Cool (9h) : @The_Green_Gold Highest graded players Kenny Clark & Blake Martinez. It wouldn't be possible to grade an entire defense
Porforis (10h) : Well, it WAS clean until someone 'shouted' in it...
Zero2Cool (10h) : QB Brett Hundley when targeting a WR against Saints: 6-for-15, 54 yards.
Zero2Cool (10h) : clean?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
43m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

47m / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

Headlines