Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:39:11 PM(UTC)
Rank: Honored Member

United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 783
I don't know if anyone "hates" him.
I love what he did in his time here. Nothing will change that.
But he's not "one of us" anymore, he's a NY boy.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:43:11 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,323
Applause Received: 3,584
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.
Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:48:10 PM(UTC)
Rank: Honored Member

United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 783
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:53:02 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,323
Applause Received: 3,584
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.
Offline Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:56:45 PM(UTC)
Rank: Honored Member

United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 783
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:21:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,323
Applause Received: 3,584
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.
Offline RaiderPride  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:48:27 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 256
Applause Received: 315
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.


It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:44:49 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.


It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.


Who ever Favre would have played for this year, I would be backing him 100% he is still the QB/man that he has always been IMO.

Pouting? I dont think so.
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:47:23 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.


He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)


I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.



That excitement is still there for me, watching Favre play for who ever, I sitll get to see him having fun on the field win or loose. Was a little weird at first seeing him in antoher uniform, but I have gotten used to it now and am getting to know all the other players on the team.
Offline elleblue  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:16:21 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h): WR Greg Jennings retires. I think I should be surprised, but I'm not.
Cheesey (23-Jul): It's sad, he was young.
wpr (22-Jul): Sorry to hear about Dennis passing away.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul): Hopefully people respect his passing without trying to make jokes.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul): Damn, Dennis Green passed away.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul): Bahahahah
Smokey (16-Jul): Playing 2016 Fantasy Football ? NO ? Contact me to join the Tailgaters Fantasy Football League !
wpr (15-Jul): Happy birthday since69
Zero2Cool (15-Jul): Whoa!Today's Birthdays: Since69 (51)
Zero2Cool (15-Jul): No sir. But at work we had our A/C go out, not fun lol
Smokey (14-Jul): Did recent bad weather affect you Zero ? ie: loss of electricity ?
Zero2Cool (14-Jul): stay cool bud ... thats some hot crap there
Smokey (14-Jul): Heat Index 104* : Richmond , VA.
Zero2Cool (14-Jul): Richard Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers win ESPY for play of year!! Wohooo
Smokey (14-Jul): A.Rodgers wins ESPY for Hail Mary Play .
Smokey (14-Jul): The ESPY's are ON !
Cheesey (13-Jul): Yeah...stinky cheese, for sure!
yooperfan (12-Jul): Happy belated birthday Cheesey, may you have many more!
Zero2Cool (11-Jul): That be some old cheese yo!! lol
Cheesey (10-Jul): Porforis, I won't live THAT long!
Porforis (10-Jul): You'll live just long enough for the Vikings to win a super bowl. Thankfully, I think you're going to outlive all of us!
wpr (10-Jul): Hey Alanhope you have a great day.
Cheesey (10-Jul): Thanks guys. I'm 59 today. Never thought I'd live this long.
Smokey (9-Jul): MAY THE PACK BE WITH YOU !
Smokey (9-Jul): I did not know Cheesey , HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! \_/
Cheesey (9-Jul): Guess I'll have to wish myself a happy birthday.
wpr (1-Jul): Hey grabacr hope you had a fantastic day
Zero2Cool (30-Jun): Today's Birthdays: Grabacr (28)
wpr (30-Jun): Be nice Zero. She was here on the 15th. She stops in but doesn't post.
Zero2Cool (29-Jun): Last I remember of her is complaining about the back alley, rather than just AVOIDING IT. Annoying.
Cheesey (29-Jun): I agree. Happy B-day "Illy Jules!"Wish you were still here!
Wade (28-Jun): Happy birthday, Julie, wherever you are.
Zero2Cool (28-Jun): Today's Birthdays: 4PackGirl (47)
Zero2Cool (24-Jun): ;-)
Zero2Cool (24-Jun): Because reading and wondering "typo or bullshit abbreviation" is fucking awesome!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Road To Super Bowl LI
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 12:00 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

6h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

24-Jul / Around The NFL / Cheesey

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

23-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey


Packers Headlines