Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline packersfan101101  
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:14:52 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
of course greg jennings but this might be far out but ill say Roy E Williams
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 3:42:57 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

Canada
Joined: 9/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 480
Applause Received: 505
I know he has been injured most of the seaon, but I still like Marques Colston. He reminds me of Randy Moss from his Minny days, without all the drama of course. I still like Randy though.

Hines Ward is awesome and probably if we listed the most underrated WR he would win it. I think his leadership and grit are intangibles that don't often show up in the stats.
Offline zombieslayer  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 4:16:12 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Personally, I don't see much of a reason to make a distinction between "best WR" and "best overall WR". Sure, the latter includes things like run blocking, but I don't know how important that really is. I don't have any data to support this, but I suspect a WRs run blocking ability is analogous to a pitcher's defense. Is it an asset? Absolutely. But it's such a small part of their job, that I would generally only use it for tiebreakers. Essentially, as great of a blocker as Hines Ward is, I don't feel that skill is important enough to vault him ahead of the Larry Fitzgeralds of the world.

With that said, I would put Larry Fitzgerald at the top of the best WR class.


That's exactly how I feel about WR and run blocking. We have excellent run blocking WRs. Is Grant averaging 4 ypc? No? Wonder why. Didn't I just say we had excellent run blocking WRs?

Gregorious and DD aside, just give me Randy Moss. He gets TDs.
Offline Pack93z  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 4:26:12 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 437
Applause Received: 1,233
Andre Johnson had 41-catches and 593-yards in October alone.. he is a fine blocker, has elite speed and runs very smooth routes. Rarely drops a pass and has excellent size.

As I mentioned a page ago.. complete package. Best receiver in the game today.

Plus he isn't a headcase..
Offline IronMan  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 6:25:03 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 138
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's all good Zero......all this thread is is opinions anyway.

I of course like Greg Jennings. He's got great hands, speed, and is "The chosen one".

Opinions? What you just typed is a FACT!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 6:49:43 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2016ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,501
Applause Received: 4,046
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Andre Johnson had 41-catches and 593-yards in October alone.. he is a fine blocker, has elite speed and runs very smooth routes. Rarely drops a pass and has excellent size.

As I mentioned a page ago.. complete package. Best receiver in the game today.

Plus he isn't a headcase..


He does not have elite speed and he's shifty during his routes.

You're a headcase!!!!!! :P
Offline Cheesey  
#27 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 6:50:18 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 802
Applause Received: 937
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's all good Zero......all this thread is is opinions anyway.

I of course like Greg Jennings. He's got great hands, speed, and is "The chosen one".

Opinions? What you just typed is a FACT!

LOL! Yes.....thats true......but i didn't want Zero to feel bad. :thumbright:
Offline Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 6:57:01 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 437
Applause Received: 1,233
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Andre Johnson had 41-catches and 593-yards in October alone.. he is a fine blocker, has elite speed and runs very smooth routes. Rarely drops a pass and has excellent size.

As I mentioned a page ago.. complete package. Best receiver in the game today.

Plus he isn't a headcase..


He does not have elite speed and he's shifty during his routes.

You're a headcase!!!!!! :P


Headcase.. why of course I am a headcase.. why else would I visit the PPO. :lol:

Now.. MR. Johnson has 4.4 40 speed at 6-3 223... is as smooth as silk in his routes.. dude has it all.. I normally don't care for Miami players.. but this kid can flat out play the position better than anyone else currently..

Now if I can only get the crazy little voice in my head to stop... ;)
Offline Cheesey  
#29 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 7:03:46 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 802
Applause Received: 937
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Andre Johnson had 41-catches and 593-yards in October alone.. he is a fine blocker, has elite speed and runs very smooth routes. Rarely drops a pass and has excellent size.

As I mentioned a page ago.. complete package. Best receiver in the game today.

Plus he isn't a headcase..


He does not have elite speed and he's shifty during his routes.

You're a headcase!!!!!! :P


Headcase.. why of course I am a headcase.. why else would I visit the PPO. :lol:

Now.. MR. Johnson has 4.4 40 speed at 6-3 223... is as smooth as silk in his routes.. dude has it all.. I normally don't care for Miami players.. but this kid can flat out play the position better than anyone else currently..

Now if I can only get the crazy little voice in my head to stop... ;)

Sorry...........I'll shut up now........you DID mean ME, didn't you??? :icon_smile: :thumbright:
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 7:05:18 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2016ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,501
Applause Received: 4,046
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Andre Johnson had 41-catches and 593-yards in October alone.. he is a fine blocker, has elite speed and runs very smooth routes. Rarely drops a pass and has excellent size.

As I mentioned a page ago.. complete package. Best receiver in the game today.

Plus he isn't a headcase..


He does not have elite speed and he's shifty during his routes.

You're a headcase!!!!!! :P


Headcase.. why of course I am a headcase.. why else would I visit the PPO. :lol:

Now.. MR. Johnson has 4.4 40 speed at 6-3 223... is as smooth as silk in his routes.. dude has it all.. I normally don't care for Miami players.. but this kid can flat out play the position better than anyone else currently..

Now if I can only get the crazy little voice in my head to stop... ;)


4.4 ... exactly, that is not elite speed. Just because its faster than you or I, does not equal elite speed lol.

I agree, he can play and I think he's one of the best, but I've seen him play and I don't agree with the smooth route running comment. Smooth route running is Greg Jennings.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10m) : @criscarter80 :Every fairy tale comes to an end, and this is where the magic carpet ride stops in the ATL.
Zero2Cool (23m) : McCarthy: "JC Tretter actually had surgery Tuesday. He won't be available this week"
Zero2Cool (1h) : Crosby is fine now. Full Participant in practice Thursday
Porforis (1h) : What I'm more worried about at this point is WR injuries and Crosby being sick. Who'd be the backup if Crosby can't go?
Zero2Cool (1h) : We do have hope. Our secondary has improved. Also, he had to throw 80% to get 1 point up. That won't happen again.
Zero2Cool (1h) : I like to tease sometimes.
uffda udfa (2h) : Only 80%? :). We lost by one given that stat? Wish we had hope of tightening up.
uffda udfa (2h) : Z, u should tell everyone who Quintorris is. Quintorris Lopez Jones, better known as Julio.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Matt Ryan completed 80% of his passes against Packers in October.
uffda udfa (2h) : McGinn goes full on attack mode dismissing the notion of "Packers people". Harsh.
uffda udfa (2h) : McGinn says John Dorsey likely to be next Packers GM.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Boom! Davante Adams says last year's ankle injury "more difficult to deal with'
uffda udfa (8h) : Packers brass potentially leaving? Not worthy of discussing. Pressure Cooker? Never enough talk about them.
Zero2Cool (13h) : Put Quintorris in a pressure cooker.
uffda udfa (17h) : Back to football: Julio says he's going to play Sunday. Did NOT say he wouldn't be limited in the game.
uffda udfa (17h) : Anyone ever used their dishwasher to make their Thanksgiving turkey?
uffda udfa (17h) : Favorite Ronnie Milsap song? Smokey Mountain Rain or Any Day Now?
uffda udfa (21h) : Favorite GM candidate... Wolf or Gutekunst?
uffda udfa (21h) : I'd rather sit them than play them too compromised.
uffda udfa (21h) : Yeah, Z. More pressure cooker talk and smoked turkeys.
Zero2Cool (21h) : If this were a regular-season game, Nelson, Adams and Allison probably would not play, MM says.
Smokey (22h) : Mason Crosby is ill, hope it's not the Flu.
Smokey (22h) : Great, can we move past that story and get back to the Atlanta game ?
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers exec Eliot Wolf has withdrawn his name for 49ers' GM job, as @TomPelissero reported. He didn't feel it was the right time.
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : We'll just have to score TDs then.
Zero2Cool (19-Jan) : That's what we know.
Zero2Cool (19-Jan) : Crosby, Mason K Illness
Smokey (19-Jan) : Is He ill or not ?
Smokey (19-Jan) : Raiderpride asked, "Anyone know what Crosby's illness is?"
Zero2Cool (19-Jan) : Davante Adams expected to play- KFFL
Porforis (19-Jan) : Alright, my opinion on Jordy has changed. If he's medically cleared to play, play him.
hardrocker950 (19-Jan) : By Sunday we won't have any WRs
Zero2Cool (19-Jan) : Geronimo hamstring, Janis quad. BEAUTIFUL.
Smokey (19-Jan) : Mason Crosby, is his health OK ?
Smokey (19-Jan) : Hello
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2016 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 3:25 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

42m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

45m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Fantasy Sports Talk / SINCITYCHEEZE

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rick12

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / The_Green_Ninja

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak


Packers Headlines