Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 10:48:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,897
Applause Received: 2,094

My daughter (Keiana) were sitting at the dinner table eating. It was quiet, like always. You could hear the lights above the table type quiet. I take a bite and she out of the blue asks. Well, this is how it went.

[ul]Keiana: Am I ever going to have a step mom".

Me: (stumped, speechless, afraid to say the wrong thing, decided to mimic a filibuster) Ah, do you... want one? (with a puzzled look on my face)

Keiana: Yeah.

Me: Why?

Keiana: Just cuz..

Me: (still nervous of saying the wrong thing, i copted out an started making jokes) You want a step mom cuz ya don't like my cooking huh ... thats it isnt it? hah

Keiana: heh yea daddy that too, plus i bet if i had a step mom she could do my hair really nice (at this point she hid her little chipmunk cheeked face behind her homework folder)

Me: Okay ... Tell ya what, I'll go to the step mom store later tonight and pick one out just for you. (with a big smile on my face)

Keiana: (confused like mad crazy she asks) if its that easy... why haven't you done it already?

Me: (realizing i jus screwed up here) Umm, its not really that easy honey but just finish your dinner okay. [/ul]

Ya know, I always figured it would be my grandma or mother who would be urging me, pressuring me or what have you to get married, not my seven year old daughter! lol

Kids will say the damnedest things, I tell ya.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline longtimefan  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 10:54:04 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

yup, but she is right there are just some things a Dad can not do for his daughter..

I am VERY glad I had a g/f now wife when my daughter hit 12...

Even more so now that she is 14 LOL
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 11:07:01 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,897
Applause Received: 2,094

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
yup, but she is right there are just some things a Dad can not do for his daughter..

You saying I'm not a good cook? That I can't make up her hair nice? Enjoy your suspension! hah lol jk

I can't say I'm looking forward to those teenage years too much lol. I want to be there for her, but I'm willing to bet theirs a few things shes just not going to want to discuss with me no matter how hard I try.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 11:08:20 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

You saying I'm not a good cook? That I can't make up her hair nice? Enjoy your suspension! hah lol jk

I can't say I'm looking forward to those teenage years too much lol. I want to be there for her, but I'm willing to bet theirs a few things shes just not going to want to discuss with me no matter how hard I try.

EXACTLY and I am guessing theres a few things you dont want to know either
Offline dfosterf  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 11:12:58 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 406

I love seven.

My son David: Dad? can I keep this fish?

Me: No David, we got to let him grow up, plus his mom and dad would miss him.

My son David: Dad? can I keep this one?

Me: No David, he's the same size as the last one, and you don't want to keep him from his mom and dad, do you?

My son David: (Silence)

We go home from fishing.

My wife Vicky: (After noticing that our aquarium was chock-full of bluegills and sunfish) "Dear, had you happened to notice that your son was stuffing his pockets with fish while you guys were fishing? (As she whips out about 4 more from his cargo pockets)
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 11:47:27 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

LOL Kids are funny. the other day my brother didn't give his 10 year old what he wanted and
Nephew: You're like a step-dad, no one wants you around but the wife

My brother couldn't help but laugh. Where do the kids get these things from
Offline dfosterf  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:22:45 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

This is probably way out of line, as I don't know the situation up in Oh, too land, but it sounds like Keiana is givin' dad the go-ahead for a little strange... Maybe dad should spend a little less time hovering over his internet buds and a little more time cleaning up the remnants of the coal burning operation.... haul them ashes... you are now authorized to the degree that your daughter is calling you out for lack of poonie production!

Again, I hope this is in line with humor and not hitting a wrong note... I really don't know.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:26:57 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,919
Applause Received: 1,413

I love seven.

My son David: Dad? can I keep this fish?

Me: No David, we got to let him grow up, plus his mom and dad would miss him.

My son David: Dad? can I keep this one?

Me: No David, he's the same size as the last one, and you don't want to keep him from his mom and dad, do you?

My son David: (Silence)

We go home from fishing.

My wife Vicky: (After noticing that our aquarium was chock-full of bluegills and sunfish) "Dear, had you happened to notice that your son was stuffing his pockets with fish while you guys were fishing? (As she whips out about 4 more from his cargo pockets)

My son's name is David as well. I could see him doing the same when he was 7. +2
I loved the show Art Linkletter had in the olden days, "Kids say the darnest things."
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:34:47 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Zero,
I was never in your position. Be careful how often you make jokes. I know you were stunned so your reaction was natural. You had a good recovery.
Next time you should be the one to take the initiative in this conversation and explain why she does not have a step mother. (yet) Treat her like a grown up in this issue. (of course you don't have to be too explicit.)

UserPostedImage

Offline TengoJuego  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:26:03 AM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

What was for dinner? lol
Offline 4PackGirl  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 10:25:37 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 153
Applause Received: 124

i hear ya, zero. just last nite, i reminded cole & cory (now 6) that i had parent/teacher conferences on wed. nite.

cole said: why can't dan (fiance) go?

me: cause dan's staying home with you guys.

cole: but don't dads get to go to those things?

me: well yes but somebody has to stay home with you, right?

cole: but why don't dads go?

LOL. it's like talking in circles most of the time. but i was totally shocked that he called dan - "dad"!! it was a really cool moment for me. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 11:56:18 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

i hear ya, zero. just last nite, i reminded cole & cory (now 6) that i had parent/teacher conferences on wed. nite.

LOL. it's like talking in circles most of the time. but i was totally shocked that he called dan - "dad"!! it was a really cool moment for me. :)

4PG, your problem is solved. My wife said, "We always went together." (Not really she went to these more often than I did.) Get someone to watch the kids for an hour and the Dad Dan won't miss out on all the fun.

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:14:53 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

4PG, your problem is solved. My wife said, "We always went together." (Not really she went to these more often than I did.) Get someone to watch the kids for an hour and the Dad Dan won't miss out on all the fun.

I'll go... teachers LOVE me at these conferences.

Liberal Wacked-out teacher: Well, your son does seem to have some developmental issues, possibly A.D.D., possibly at that growing stage where priorities are misplaced, we here at the school feel...yada, yada, yada........

Even More Liberal and pandering to her baby boy wife: Well, if you people paid a little more attention to my son's unique characteristics and allowed him to flourish.... yada, yada, yada...........

Hard-core a$hole father (Me): You can beat him if you want. Hell, I'll beat him for you... where is that lazy little sh*t, anyway... he needs a nice-swift kick in the ass, RFN....

I didn't get to go to many of the parent-teacher conferences....
:icon_smile:

EDIT- I never ACTUALLY beat my kids, but all of them SWEAR to this day that I did. All five of them got a really good smack on the butt for some indiscretion pre-kindergarten, coupled with good voice, volume and enthusiasm in the send a cold-rush of sh*t straight to the heart of the offender department. Mom milked that whack for entire child-hoods... "Just wait until your father gets home." was standard fare in my household. :icon_smile:
UserPostedImage

Offline 4PackGirl  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:13:53 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 153
Applause Received: 124

hmmm...well they COULD go to dan's parents house. thanks for the idea.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:20:11 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Here's one of my favorite stories,
My secretary use to be a nanny for a couple out in the DC area.
She had taken the two young children to the mall. The youngest was around a year old and sat in the stroller most of the time. The older one was about 3-3 1/2 and he had to walk.
As they were leaving the 3 year old become fussy since he was getting tired.
"Carry me."
My secretary told him that she couldn't. I think by now the baby was out of the stroller and she was holding her. The stroller was full of stuff they had bought.
The 3 yr old, who had been trudging along and dragging his feet finally falls to the ground and would not go any further. He hollers even louder, "Carry me."
My secretary/one time nanny (who is not very big herself) tells him that she can't. She has the baby and is not able to carry them both.

Now most of you know that you tend treat your OWN children a whole lot different that you treat some one else's children. If my kid were laying there fussing I would pick him up and swat his behind and tell him to march. She could not or would not do this. So she simply told him that he would have to walk after all his legs weren't broken.

Not missing a beat he started to plead once again, "Carry me. My legs are broken!"

UserPostedImage