You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JNelson87  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 4:47:30 AM(UTC)
JNelson87

http://sports.espn.go.co...fl/news/story?id=3683124

Meh, too bad we really don't need him.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Rockmolder  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:48:07 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 215

I agree with you on that we don't need him. He seems to get burned quite often, and the only thing he has going for him are his speed and hands. He's more of an interception master than a good cover guy. But that's just my opinion ofcourse.

I'm sure he'll be signed soon enough again though, since he might be an upgrade over quite alot of guys atm, especially since he returns quite good aswell, just not on a big contract anymore.
UserPostedImage
Offline IronMan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:03:48 AM(UTC)
IronMan

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

Al Davis cracks me up.
Offline Packerchick  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 11:40:32 AM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 591
Applause Received: 25

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Al Davis cracks me up.

Maybe John McCain can work for him
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline dhazer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:27:42 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 176

I was just curious to think what others though about getting him in Green Bay? Hes a young good CB and i was thinking maybe moving Harris to safety just a thought. We would have great replacements for Harris and Woodson when they decide to hang it up, after all they aren't getting younger. But i guess we have to wait till he is officially cut by the Raiders today. One plus they say the 2 teams that might try and pick him up are Dallas and Washington so maybe grab him just to prevent them from getting him.

Sorry Zero didn't see a thread for this in the nfl section so you you move this there
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:38:09 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

I figured this thread to be started soon..

I would forgive his failure in Oakland.. as that team is in a tailspin this year, well several.. but his actions in Atlanta didn't speak of a team player.. and honestly.. his play has slipped yearly since his rookie year..

Second part.. you are playing with fire on that 16 million dollar guarantee he signed.. basically.. if he suffers a serious injury we assume the contract.. and if he hits the free market.. we won't pay him what he probably will get from some hunger and silly (ahmmm Jerry) owner with a soft spot for trouble.

No deal for me.

Tramon Williams is a better bump corner at this point.. comparing them currently.. is he better than Bush.. yes.. but something tells me Hall won't be happy with special teams duty. ;)
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline warhawk  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:42:51 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 164

I don't see it. I can imagine now teams very happy to go after him rather than Harris and we are already more than good at safety. Now if we were lousy at safety and Harris was no longer as good as he is at CB it would be a different story. We don't even know if Harris could be as good at safety as who we have back there anyhow. I know he doesn't hit people like the other three.

I think that move would make us a weaker team and maybe considerably weaker. I mean you reward good play with extensions and poor play with releases. Hall is getting released and I am sure they have their reasons for it.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:07:57 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

One seriously has to wonder if Davis isn't throwing Jones a bone here with Hall.. releasing him with the 16 million dollar balloon attached to it ensured that no one would claim him on the waiver wire.. thus he is going to become a free agent.. the Cowboys are starved for a corner..

It will be interesting to see if these two business men don't do business this coming draft or else wise..

I can almost guarantee that Hall is a Cowboy in the matter of this weekend.. how they get him under the cap remains to be seen.. a complaining Greg Ellis cut anyone?
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline JNelson87  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 5:30:38 AM(UTC)
JNelson87

We really don't need him.. maybe if Harris and Blackmon were out for the season then i'd say pick him up.. like Rock said he's not really a good cover guy, he left some of his skills in Atlanta..i dunno what it is, once you go to Oakland, your career is fucked. He used to be a good over all corner but now he's just the guy that will make that INT every now and then and blow some coverages. I could be wrong but I don't really see him as the player he once was.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 5:16:57 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 176

Well he signed with the Redskins today
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Packnic  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 5:28:46 PM(UTC)
Packnic

The redskins made a huge mistake then.

D. Hall is a hokie and I typically dont trash other hokies. but Hall is kind of a turd that we don't want anywhere near this team.

Tramon is better than him anyway.

Now if we can just get the good Hokie on our roster in a starting spot...
blank
Offline Rockmolder  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 8:31:01 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 215

http://blogs.nfl.com/200...-over-steelers-patriots/

Quote:
Adam Schefter
Hall chose Redskins over Steelers, Patriots

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: DeAngelo Hall, Washington Redskins

Whats just as notable as the team cornerback DeAngelo Hall chose are the ones he didnt.

Hall heard from Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, each of whom tried to persuade the former Raiders cornerback to sign with his respective team.

(Random question: If Hall was such a bad influence, why did two of the most respected defensive-minded head coaches in the game pursue him the way they did?)

Ultimately, the Redskins offered something no other team could: the chance to play in his backyard.

Hall is from Virginia and played college football at Virginia Tech. The Redskins asked Hall, Whyd you pick Virginia Tech when you could have gone to any school in the country?

And Hall told them because he wanted to be close to home. Now, after agreeing to a one-year, pro-rated $1 million deal with the Redskins that will pay him $492,000 for finishing the season in Washington, Hall will be close to home.

He is scheduled to arrive in Washington on Friday night, undergo a physical then and sign his contract.

The Redskins also promised Hall they would not slap their franchise tag on him after this season but, with their tight salary-cap situation in 2009, they could not afford to do that anyway. Still, the two sides already have discussed the possibility of signing a long-term agreement and if the engagement works out, the marriage always could be consummated.

But for now, the Redskins are happy to have Hall to help them make their playoff push.
UserPostedImage