Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DarkaneRules  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:04:55 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 361

From McCarthy's August 20th Press Conference:

// (Where is Rouse in the battle to push for a starting job?)

// Aaron, his consistency level early in camp wasn't where it needed to be. I think he's definitely picked it up here probably the last week to 10 days. Hopefully get him some action against Denver in the first half with the first group. I say it all the time, we don't just have 11 starters, we have excellent competition throughout our team. Defensively, we've added personnel groups to try to take advantage of them. But in Aaron's case, I'd like to get him some work in the first half.

My eyes lit up when I read this. Although we have seen him in action already, he his now getting his chance to spark something with the first group. I cannot wait to see how he performs.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Sponsor
Offline zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:12:20 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I'd like to see Aaron Rouse play against some first teams. I was predicting earlier he's the starter by the 2nd half of the season. The kid's got talent. He makes INTs. Collins drops INTs. Plus, Aaron Rouse in there is like hitting the opposing WRs in the gut with baseball bats.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline agopackgo4  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:42:21 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

I'm in favor of anyone who doesnt attempt to tackle people with their shoulder.
Offline agopackgo4  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:43:19 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

I still think that Collins could make a better contribution to this world if he chopped his arms off and gave them to science...he would still be just as effective of a football player.
Offline Tiger  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:58:57 PM(UTC)
Tiger

Somebody should ring up Mike Sherman and ask him if he still has A**** C*******'s boxing gloves to lend to Collins. He might catch more Ints without his clumsy hands getting in the way.
blank
Offline Greg C.  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:55:35 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I don't know what the coaching staff sees in Collins. I guess it's the little things that fans like me tend to overlook. If Rouse can just do those things, whatever they are, he should start. He's such a dynamic player.
blank
Offline Rios39  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:05:08 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Aaron looks like he has the ability to make plays. Interceptions. Seems like he has ability to jump routes with good anticipation and cover receivers very well.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:43:42 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Aaron looks like he has the ability to make plays. Interceptions. Seems like he has ability to jump routes with good anticipation and cover receivers very well.

That's my main thing. Rouse gets INTs. Collins drops them.

Turnovers change games.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:46:48 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 454

Turnovers change games.

My favorites are "Apple".
UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:49:49 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

Turnovers change games.

yeah, but blown assignments change games too. I love Aaron Rouse, but i think the issue with his consistency has much to do with an inability to not give up big plays. Collins isn't flashy, and he does drop interceptions, but you hardly ever see him screw the pooch. I've also heard he's basically the leader on the defense, and that counts for a lot too.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:50:38 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Turnovers change games.

yeah, but blown assignments change games too. I love Aaron Rouse, but i think the issue with his consistency has much to do with an inability to not give up big plays. Collins isn't flashy, and he does drop interceptions, but you hardly ever see him screw the pooch. I've also heard he's basically the leader on the defense, and that counts for a lot too.

I know Collins is solid in coverage usually. I barely remember any time that Rouse has been burned however.
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:01:20 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

yeah, but you're not really gonna see a free safety get burned like you do a CB. he doesn't have a man coverage assignment, so he can't really get burned. he can miss an assignment, but that's about it. I think the issue with Rouse is that he is not as adept as Collins is to help in coverage as well as the coaches would like. He is typically behind the point of attack and uses athleticism to make up ground, hence the INT's. I think they want a FS who is better able to offer help and converge on the ball. I think he'll get there, but i don't think he's there yet. It may take him a while, because i don't think he's as smart as Collins. Collins' intelligence is one of the main reasons he's still the starter.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:34:08 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

I was under the impression Barnett was the leader on D.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Online Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:35:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

I was under the impression Barnett was the leader on D.

From what I've heard, it's Charles Woodson.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:41:49 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

I know Collins is solid in coverage usually. I barely remember any time that Rouse has been burned however.

I think it's important to add that Collins is a solid tackler.

Hey may not have the best tackling form, often times choosing to try and tackle players with only his arms, but he is pretty darn effective regardless.

And that's what the coaches are worried about. If I'm not mistaken, DB coach Schotty said Rouse's tackling in space was the problem, something that needed more consistency.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Rss Feed