Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:24:51 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

What a change in his tune? Didnt he tell Peppers to beat the Packers to keep us out of the playoffs? Now he says we will win it all?

Then says he hold no bitterness? Again he told Peppers to beat the Packers, and no bitterness?

LOL!!

waffle
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Jan. 17, 2011

Brett Favre may have left Green Bay three years ago, but he's still got the Packers in his heart.

"I think they will win it all! -- Brett Favre on the Packers in an e-mail response to ESPN's Ed Werder

In an e-mail response to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre said Monday that the Packers are "by far" the best team left in the NFL playoffs.

"[Packers QB] Aaron [Rodgers] is the best QB and the receiving corps is the best ever, maybe," Favre said in the e-mail. "But [defensive coordinator] Dom [Capers] and the defense gets the MVP award at this stage."

Rodgers, who's emergence made Favre expendable in Green Bay before the 2008 season, led the Packers to a dominant 48-21 win over the top-seeded Falcons on Saturday.

Favre officially filed retirement papers with the league Monday after two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings and one year with the New York Jets. The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

However, Favre decided he wanted to return later in the year and was eventually traded to the Jets.

But Favre insisted he holds no grudges against the organization he was with for 16 seasons. [size=18](yet wanted the Bears to beat them)[/size]

"There is no bitterness. I'm happy for them [size=18](yet wanted the Bears to beat them)[/size]and very happy and content with my legacy," Favre told Werder.

Favre again chose to retire after the 2008 season, but signed with the rival Vikings in August 2009. Favre's decision alienated many of those Packers fans who once cheered his Lambeau Field heroics.

Still, Favre thinks this is the year for Green Bay to win its first Super Bowl since Favre and the Packers beat the New England Patriots in 1998 in Super Bowl XXXI.

"I think they will win it all! I hope they do, if you are wondering," Favre said in the e-mail
Offline Kingkoopa  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:29:16 AM(UTC)
Kingkoopa

Applause Received: 2

He is trying to get in the good graces of Packer nation now that he is retired, and he doesn't want the fans to hate him, and is trying to heal old wounds by saying this. I don't buy it AT ALL.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:29:41 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Brett, you can kiss ass all you want, you will not be receiving a ring.

Peace out.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:46:05 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

And No, Brent... you can't come to the after-party...
UserPostedImage
Offline evad04  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:57:08 AM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 140

See I'm through being bitter. By no means am I trying to separate myself from others -- I totally understand disliking the guy. I just mean to say, honestly, that my feelings of anger have mostly been replaced by sadness. Favre has screwed a lot of things up, in terms of his "legacy" and his good graces with legions of fans who used to worship him. It's mostly on him. I don't mean to deflect blame.

But even in lieu of the emphatic dishonesty in his personal life, I've always tended to find him sincere -- in fact, it's one of his shortcomings. Favre always tells it like he sees it, which is subject to change from day to day.

When I hear him praise Aaron and the receivers and Capers -- yeah, it could just as well be a show -- I tend to believe him. Any bitterness I continue to hold against him is necessarily offset by the fact that I became a Packer fan in large degree to #4.

P.S. Ed Werder -- it was January 31st, 1997. Learn yo shit.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline longtimefan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:57:53 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

Peace out.

AWESOME!

Anything strike you odd about this?

Quote:
The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.
Offline Greg C.  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:31:40 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

How could the Packers receiving corps be the "best ever, maybe" when it doesn't even include Randy Moss?
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:33:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

How could the Packers receiving corps be the "best ever, maybe" when it doesn't even include Randy Moss?

Maybe the brief stint of being Randy Moss' team mate has lit a bulb for him?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:52:42 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Wow another thread where we can all Bash Brett Favre.

It's been awhile!!!!

I was going throught Brett insult withdrawells.

Whoo........I'm better now.

What a fricken low-life, how dare Brett Fave compliment the team he turned his back on!!!!

Low Life Clown..........Go back to Mississippi and get on your tractor and stay there.

And for gosh sakes remember...YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK ON ANYTHING NFL!!!!! DUMBASS!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline istanbulpacker  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:56:31 AM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

Applause Received: 7

He is trying to get in the good graces of Packer nation now that he is retired, and he doesn't want the fans to hate him, and is trying to heal old wounds by saying this. I don't buy it AT ALL.

What he said.
blank
Offline wamj2008  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:06:51 AM(UTC)
wamj2008

Applause Received: 2

Brett wants his number retired.

I hope they give it to a punter.
blank
Offline istanbulpacker  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:09:21 AM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

Brett wants his number retired.

I hope they give it to a punter.

OHHHHHH!! SNAP!

+1, Sir!
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:12:30 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

Peace out.

AWESOME!

Anything strike you odd about this?

Quote:
The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

Yeah I caught that. I think they got that a little backwards... Rewriting history does kind of with the theme of this little article though.
UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:19:57 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Black list the 4.

No ring of honor, no Packers HOF and no retirement. Just don't let it be issued due to the dishonor he brought on himself.

Until he says he is sorry for ratting the team out an accepts full responsibility. I say he has to actually be remorseful and contrite before he gets forgiven.

But I am not bitter. Forgivness is not out of the question.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline go.pack.go.  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:21:21 AM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Received: 44

I am glad that he is speaking positively about the Pack again. I don't care even if he is just trying to get back in the good graces of fans. At least he is TRYING.

I will be happy when his number is retired and he is in the hall of fame, and we can all appreciate his legacy. His HOF speech should be interesting.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline bozz_2006  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:24:13 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

I think he means it. But that's kind of what chaps my ass. I'm not bitter, but this waffling, back and forth and back and forth, is what irritated me in the first place. First he tells Peppers to make sure to beat us. I've got no problem with that. Now he wants us to win. That's great, I'm glad he does. But it just reminds me of all the other times he's changed his mind!
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:29:23 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

If I were Brett Favre, I would have kept playing too. The Packers moved on because they knew what they had in Aaron Rodgers. They were right. Common sense says to go with the younger player. Favre had a nice year in 2009 and proved he still had it. This year, things did not go his way. I hope Packer fans can get over him playing for the Vikings because Favre is a Packer. You cannot write Packer history without him and you cannot write pro football history without the Packers.
Offline yooperfan  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:21:39 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Wow!
The greatest quarteback in Packers history.
The guy that took the Packers out of the dark years of the 70's and 80's.
Packers fans hung on his arm for 16 years and enjoyed every touchdown, every win and every championship. Most Packers fans were brought to a high state of excitement every time he stepped on the field.
Everyone but Brett Favre knew he should retire for good after the 2007 NFCCG. He waffled so he was traded, it's a business.

Now Brett Favre has the audacity to say something good about the Green Bay Packers.
How dare you Brett, you piece of shit.

I'm simply amazed at the excrement being thrown at this Green Bay Packers icon and future hall of famer.
He will go into the Hall of Fame as a Green Bay Packer and his number will be retired in Green Bay.
So get over it already!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:27:57 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Hey, you said it, not me. :P

Way to ignore the contributions of the other Packers players of that era, by the way.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:32:23 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Hey, you said it, not me. :P

Way to ignore the contributions of the other Packers players of that era, by the way.

What was the title of the thread smart guy?
Offline RaiderPride  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:23:05 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 120
Applause Received: 212

The REAL Message Brett is sending to the Green Bay Packers.

"Hey.. Ok You offered me 20 Million dollars to be the face of the team and an ambassador to the organization, when you chose to go with Aaron.

You offered me 20 Million to show up at events, shake hands, get belly to belly, face to face and kiss babies with the Packer faithful at every public event. I was only required to show up and wear the green and gold until I die.

HOWEVER... I Brett "The Fake" Favre will take 25% of that offer you presented. For FIVE Million I will be there, and sign the agreement with Mr. Murphy with a few agreements to the Five Million Dollar life time contract.

I shall not appear at any event at the same time with Aaron Rodgers. There can be no mention publicly about Aaron Rodgers at any event I am at, and no one is allowed to ask me for an autograph if they are wearing a #12 Packers Jersey.

Every event I attend must not include any person or persons under the age of 40 years old.

You must retire my jersey number next year and Aaron Rodgers must wait in the locker room and not be on the field at the time of my NUMBER 4 is honored.

You must agree that the Packers Organization will never retire Jersey Number 12.

In fact I (Brett Favre) demand that Aaron change his uniform number every year for the next 10 years or that The Packers trade him to the JETS this off season.

If all of the stated herein above are are agreed to, I shall except a lessor offer than was offered to me (Brett Favre) to be an ambassador for the Green Bay packers for the next 20 years.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline istanbulpacker  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:43:07 AM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

The greatest quarteback in Packers history.

Guess the 2 Super Bowl victories, 2 Super Bowl MVPs, and 3 more NFL Championships of one Bryan Bartlett Starr don't amount to a hill of beans.

He will go into the Hall of Fame as a Green Bay Packer and his number will be retired in Green Bay.
So get over it already!

I think it would be funny if they decide to retire his number one year, then change their mind, then come back the next year and decide to retire it again...oh, nevermind.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:51:01 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

What was the title of the thread, smart guy?

The fact that the thread title mentions Favre doesn't make the following statement any less hyperbolic.

The guy that took the Packers out of the dark years of the 70's and 80's.

Is it really a coincidence that the Packers didn't win a Super Bowl until after, for example, Reggie White came to town (or that they never won another one after he left)? Favre was certainly an important cog in the renaissance of the Packers, but he wasn't singlehandedly responsible for taking the Packers out of the dark ages.
UserPostedImage
Offline istanbulpacker  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:56:33 AM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

The fact that the thread title mentions Favre doesn't make the following statement any less hyperbolic.

I considered his statement more trigonometric, though I can see your point
blank
Offline Jacob  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:01:33 AM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3

i dont mind this at all, i think the sooner everyone, brett included, makes up, the better, because we all know it's inevitable that he will be in the packers HOF, and the NFL HOF, and that he is a packer, not a jet, not a viking.
Rss Feed