Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packnic  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 12:00:11 PM(UTC)
Packnic

its even more impressive when you think about how tough the Jets schedule is.
blank
Sponsor
Offline wils0646  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 3:55:09 PM(UTC)
wils0646

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Are you serious? The Jets have one of the easiest schedules in the league.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Offline longtimefan  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 4:04:02 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

if you know packnic, you know that was sarcastic :thumbright:
Offline wils0646  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 4:38:57 PM(UTC)
wils0646

if you know packnic, you know that was sarcastic :thumbright:

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Thanks for the input.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Offline Gravedigga  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 4:51:23 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Almost as impressive as losing to the Falcons, Vikes & Bucs or as impressive as beating the Lions and Seahawks. Super impressive.

6 or 7 win team at best as i said before the season. Very impressive. Well done mgmt. What mgmt. has done to the team is almost as bad as mgmt. for the "other" packer forum has done to that site. It's an embarrassment. Read the sig and tell your friends.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline porky88  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:00:54 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 178
Applause Received: 335

Almost as impressive as losing to the Falcons, Vikes & Bucs or as impressive as beating the Lions and Seahawks. Super impressive.

6 or 7 win team at best as i said before the season. Very impressive. Well done mgmt. What mgmt. has done to the team is almost as bad as mgmt. for the "other" packer forum has done to that site. It's an embarrassment. Read the sig and tell your friends.

Every team the Packers have loss to has a winning record. The Jets loss to the Oakland Raiders so I'm not sure what your getting at.

I do agree that if we're talking Packers, they're a 6 or 7 win team at least on the field. That's what they look like.

The Jets should at least get to 9 wins. Probably more. I think 10-6 and a wild card is withing reach.

I want to see just how far Brett Favre and the Jets have come this week. If they look like they did against New England in week two then I think they'll fall back to the middle of the pack real fast. If they play well, that'll be encouraging for Jets fans.
Offline wils0646  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:09:43 PM(UTC)
wils0646

If you haven't noticed, the Falcons and Bucs are pretty damn good teams this year (both 6-3).
The Pack Will Be Back.
Offline Gravedigga  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:12:22 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Every team the Packers have loss to has a winning record. The Jets loss to the Oakland Raiders so I'm not sure what your getting at.

I do agree that if we're talking Packers, they're a 6 or 7 win team at least on the field. That's what they look like.

The Jets should at least get to 9 wins. Probably more. I think 10-6 and a wild card is withing reach.

I want to see just how far Brett Favre and the Jets have come this week. If they look like they did against New England in week two then I think they'll fall back to the middle of the pack real fast. If they play well, that'll be encouraging for Jets fans.

I'm moreso trying to make the point that it doesnt matter what your opponents record is. Unless you're playing the worst teams in the league every week, parity has evened out most things. There are like 3 or 4 teams that are trash, about 20 - 24 teams that can be tough games and about 4 or 5 teams that are very good and tough games.

So basically, all games in the league are tough. Trying to put favre and the jets down because of competition is just an attempt by an immature person to try and get a rise out of his fans.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Gravedigga  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:15:54 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

If you haven't noticed, the Falcons and Bucs are pretty damn good teams this year (both 6-3).

Nobody is going to convince me that either of them is an elite team. There is one elite team in the league, the Giants. Thats about it. Even the titans, good as they are, are very beatable. They're just on a roll.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline porky88  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:30:43 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 178
Applause Received: 335

I'm moreso trying to make the point that it doesnt matter what your opponents record is. Unless you're playing the worst teams in the league every week, parity has evened out most things. There are like 3 or 4 teams that are trash, about 20 - 24 teams that can be tough games and about 4 or 5 teams that are very good and tough games.

So basically, all games in the league are tough. Trying to put favre and the jets down because of competition is just an attempt by an immature person to try and get a rise out of his fans.

I agree with you. Actually if you just watch the Packers and Jets, you see that the Jets are a better team regardless of schedule. On a neutral field, I'd take the Jets to beat the Packers.

I noticed that their defense can get to the QB and at least do a good enough job of stopping the run. Offensively, they can run block, but not pass block very well.

I do think people need to separate the two teams though. The Packers need to be compared to the likes of Chicago and Minnesota. The Jets play in a tougher division with New England, Buffalo, and Miami.
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 11:32:38 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

I don't much care about the Jets winning or losing because its seldomly going to be on his shoulders. I mainly want to see him do well and pad his stats so far that no one can ever reach them!!

So you don't want Rodgers to catch him? I knew you were a Aaron hater. :icon_smile: As for the schedule the Jets do indeed have one of the easieast. The joke of the scheduling is the Pats before the year got the weakest schedule
Offline Packnic  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:13:49 AM(UTC)
Packnic

im not trying to get a rise out of anyone.

Falcons, Vikes and Bucs are all playoff teams there guy. and Tennessee is still undefeated. Our schedules don't even fit inside the same stratosphere as far as toughness goes.

the jets have played Arizona on an East Coast swing they almost always lose. they have played Cincinnati, Oakland, Kansas City and St. Louis. The three losses have come against any good team they've played and the Raiders. losses = New England, San Diego and Oakland.

If you think that what the Jets are doing is impressive in anyway... your kidding yourself. I am not saying the Jets are a bad team, because you still have to win ball games no matter who you play. But what they have done so far has proven nothing. Until they beat a good team... they aren't impressing anybody who knows anything about football.
blank
Rss Feed