Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packnic  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 12:00:11 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6
its even more impressive when you think about how tough the Jets schedule is.
Offline wils0646  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 3:55:09 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Are you serious? The Jets have one of the easiest schedules in the league.
Offline longtimefan  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 4:04:02 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 21

if you know packnic, you know that was sarcastic :thumbright:
Offline wils0646  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 4:38:57 PM(UTC)

if you know packnic, you know that was sarcastic :thumbright:

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Thanks for the input.
Offline Gravedigga  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 4:51:23 PM(UTC)

Almost as impressive as losing to the Falcons, Vikes & Bucs or as impressive as beating the Lions and Seahawks. Super impressive.

6 or 7 win team at best as i said before the season. Very impressive. Well done mgmt. What mgmt. has done to the team is almost as bad as mgmt. for the "other" packer forum has done to that site. It's an embarrassment. Read the sig and tell your friends.
Offline porky88  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:00:54 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 506

Almost as impressive as losing to the Falcons, Vikes & Bucs or as impressive as beating the Lions and Seahawks. Super impressive.

6 or 7 win team at best as i said before the season. Very impressive. Well done mgmt. What mgmt. has done to the team is almost as bad as mgmt. for the "other" packer forum has done to that site. It's an embarrassment. Read the sig and tell your friends.

Every team the Packers have loss to has a winning record. The Jets loss to the Oakland Raiders so I'm not sure what your getting at.

I do agree that if we're talking Packers, they're a 6 or 7 win team at least on the field. That's what they look like.

The Jets should at least get to 9 wins. Probably more. I think 10-6 and a wild card is withing reach.

I want to see just how far Brett Favre and the Jets have come this week. If they look like they did against New England in week two then I think they'll fall back to the middle of the pack real fast. If they play well, that'll be encouraging for Jets fans.
Offline wils0646  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:09:43 PM(UTC)

If you haven't noticed, the Falcons and Bucs are pretty damn good teams this year (both 6-3).
Offline Gravedigga  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:12:22 PM(UTC)

Every team the Packers have loss to has a winning record. The Jets loss to the Oakland Raiders so I'm not sure what your getting at.

I do agree that if we're talking Packers, they're a 6 or 7 win team at least on the field. That's what they look like.

The Jets should at least get to 9 wins. Probably more. I think 10-6 and a wild card is withing reach.

I want to see just how far Brett Favre and the Jets have come this week. If they look like they did against New England in week two then I think they'll fall back to the middle of the pack real fast. If they play well, that'll be encouraging for Jets fans.

I'm moreso trying to make the point that it doesnt matter what your opponents record is. Unless you're playing the worst teams in the league every week, parity has evened out most things. There are like 3 or 4 teams that are trash, about 20 - 24 teams that can be tough games and about 4 or 5 teams that are very good and tough games.

So basically, all games in the league are tough. Trying to put favre and the jets down because of competition is just an attempt by an immature person to try and get a rise out of his fans.
Offline Gravedigga  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:15:54 PM(UTC)

If you haven't noticed, the Falcons and Bucs are pretty damn good teams this year (both 6-3).

Nobody is going to convince me that either of them is an elite team. There is one elite team in the league, the Giants. Thats about it. Even the titans, good as they are, are very beatable. They're just on a roll.
Offline porky88  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:30:43 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 506

I'm moreso trying to make the point that it doesnt matter what your opponents record is. Unless you're playing the worst teams in the league every week, parity has evened out most things. There are like 3 or 4 teams that are trash, about 20 - 24 teams that can be tough games and about 4 or 5 teams that are very good and tough games.

So basically, all games in the league are tough. Trying to put favre and the jets down because of competition is just an attempt by an immature person to try and get a rise out of his fans.

I agree with you. Actually if you just watch the Packers and Jets, you see that the Jets are a better team regardless of schedule. On a neutral field, I'd take the Jets to beat the Packers.

I noticed that their defense can get to the QB and at least do a good enough job of stopping the run. Offensively, they can run block, but not pass block very well.

I do think people need to separate the two teams though. The Packers need to be compared to the likes of Chicago and Minnesota. The Jets play in a tougher division with New England, Buffalo, and Miami.
Rss Feed