You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 7:16:34 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Porforis - I can't speak for Woody, but I'm pretty sure he'll retire a Packer. His best years were obviously with the Packers (check the stats). Plus, he got a lot more love as a Packer.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 2:29:00 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Did you guys see how, when he was trying to cheer on the team, he winced in pain while on the sidelines? You could see how badly he wanted to be on the field.
But he was one of the main reasons we got to where we are. Whether he could finish the game or not. Same with DD.
I'm SO happy for those guys!
UserPostedImage
Offline RainX  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 3:44:53 PM(UTC)
RainX

Applause Received: 3

Props to Woodson and Shields for getting us as far as they did. Before this game, if you would have told me we would have effectively lost both Woodson and Shields before the end of the first half and still would have been able to come out a winner, even with what the team has overcome injury wise this season, I still might not have believed it. Bush and Lee did enough to get the job done.

Fortunately the boys effectively have the next 5 months to get healthy before (hopefully) training camp starts.
blank
Offline MassPackersFan  
#19 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 3:59:06 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

Do we know what his healing time is estimated at? I wonder if he'll be ready to go for the start of next season...

Quote:
Full radiological union is typically achieved in 16 weeks for adult surgical patients, and shorter times are achieved by teenagers and young children. In patients who participated in prescribed physical therapy, 85-100% mobility returned in 69 months, with full strength returning in 912 months.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 4:27:20 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Props to Woodson and Shields for getting us as far as they did. Before this game, if you would have told me we would have effectively lost both Woodson and Shields before the end of the first half and still would have been able to come out a winner, even with what the team has overcome injury wise this season, I still might not have believed it. Bush and Lee did enough to get the job done.

Fortunately the boys effectively have the next 5 months to get healthy before (hopefully) training camp starts.

Bush got burned for one TD but other than that, he played his heart out. Almost got a sack on Ben R which would have been sweet.

Amazing we had several starters getting knocked out of the game and the only reason it was close was because of our mistakes. This team is awesome.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 4:35:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,740
Applause Received: 1,790

Regarding the TD that was scored on Bush, I wonder how that would have been if he hadn't been pushed off on.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 4:40:03 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Not only is Woodson a complete player, he is a LEADER. Not to beat a dead Bear or anything, but unlike Cutler or other players that sulk on the sidelines, Woodson was emotional and contributed to the team in any way he could. He was still a leader, just on the sidelines.

Class act, I hope he retires a Packer. He may have spent more time in Oakland but he's been instrumental to the success of this team.

that is worth a + one for giving love to a Packer player while at the same time bashing a Bear player. wunderbar!
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 4:44:10 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

One tough SOB and the heart of a champion.. it literally hurt my insides to see his face when he walked out onto the field in a sling.

Both he and Driver were in agony having to sit and watch their "brothers" carry on.

They, to me, define what a teammate is.

Damn I miss that type of bond.. probably what I miss the most about the game.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#24 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 5:57:01 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

The Steelers staged an amazing comeback in the second half, aided in no small measure by the loss of several key starters. In fairness, they also lost a couple of players in the game.

It tugged my heartstrings the way it hurt Woodson to cheer after that one play. I can't remember if it was an incompletion or an interception. If he could have dragged himself back out there, he would have.
UserPostedImage
Offline El3ment12  
#25 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 5:59:40 PM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 22

Did you guys see how, when he was trying to cheer on the team, he winced in pain while on the sidelines? You could see how badly he wanted to be on the field.
But he was one of the main reasons we got to where we are. Whether he could finish the game or not. Same with Donald Driver.
I'm SO happy for those guys!

I am Really happy for both of them. Driver have been on this team since I was a fan. They are both great guys and great players, and now they can call themselves SB champs.
Offline macbob  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:41:08 AM(UTC)
macbob

Applause Given: 252
Applause Received: 220

Regarding the TD that was scored on Bush, I wonder how that would have been if he hadn't been pushed off on.

That TD wasn't Bush's fault. He covered the first 4 jukes/cuts, and he wasn't far out of position at the end, just enough out of position.

Couldn't cover him forever. That was a lack-of-pressure TD.
UserPostedImage