Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
musccy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:23:06 AM(UTC)
Just wondering what you all think was the biggest play of the game yesterday. The definition of this is open to interpretation, but I've heard the fumble, Jennings' seam pass, and Collins' pick as 3 of the bigger ones picked by the media.
Nonstopdrivel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:24:36 AM(UTC)
I think it was the 30+ yard completion to Jennings on the drive that stalled inside the 10, forcing us to settle for the field goal. That play broke the stalemate and enabled the Packers to burn several extra minutes off the clock, putting the Steelers' offense in a serious bind when they got the ball back.
RedSoxExcel  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:30:01 AM(UTC)
The biggest play was the fumble to me, they had all the momentum, that fumble saved the game.
Porforis  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:32:22 AM(UTC)
The CM3 forced fumble in the fourth. We were in freefall and the momentum was heavily against us, with one play we changed all that. Without a doubt the key turning point in the game. We got the defense off the field, the offense put together a drive, we took momentum back, and our defense came back rested and more focused. Even if the Steelers had turned the ball over after taking another 5 minutes off the clock our defense might not have enough gas left in the tank to stop them in the end.
GermanGilbert  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:33:37 AM(UTC)
for me it's 50-50.

1. the above mentioned 31 yarder to jennings, that kept this time consuming drive alive and gave the steelers only 2 minutes left
2. fumble recovery by bishop. the momentum was big time on the steelers side when this play happened. they were going downfield and maybe would have taken the lead. instead, moments later the packers were up by 11 again.
musccy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:40:29 AM(UTC)
just for the sake of mixing things up, I thought the Jones drop was pretty damn big. You potentially go back up 18, force the Steelers out of their run game which was very effective against the Pack, and put the ball back in the hands of Big Ben who had been shaky all day.
RedSoxExcel  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:42:10 AM(UTC)
I fumble was awesome. 2nd at 2 at GB 33, unreal how Clay Matthews just seems to always make plays, awesome talent.
Greg C.  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:57:15 AM(UTC)
It was the fumble forced by Clay and recovered by Bishop on the first play of the fourth quarter. That's where the momentum switched back toward the Packers. Before that play, things did not appear to be in their favor. After that, they never lost control of the game.
millertime  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:12:23 AM(UTC)
I loved Nelson's catch and run. I want to say the Collins INT, but that didn't completely change the game (Steelers came back).
TOPackerFan  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:29:28 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I loved Nelson's catch and run. I want to say the Collins INT, but that didn't completely change the game (Steelers came back).

Loved this one too. Especially since Aaron Rodgers had the faith to come back to Jordy one play after a huge drop and Jordy made a play.
agopackgo4  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:43:40 AM(UTC)
I firs think of the Collins INT. I know that is not the most flashy. But I will always rememer that one getting thrown the ball being in the air and saying "thats getting picked!!" before I saw anyone around the ball. That and the 3rd an 10 completion to Jennings. Something that they had trouble doing all game, they came through.
RaiderPride  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:56:09 AM(UTC)
There are so many.... Clay's hit for the fumble would be the Play of the game in my book.

However... Not to take anything away from the Packers.... But Pits decision to try and make that field goal was huge. That was a dumb call by Tomlin and I still can not figure out what he was thinking.

He had not hit a FG over 50 all year? Not enough leg, and it gave the Packers great field position.
agopackgo4  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:25:23 AM(UTC)
One other thing that really stood out to me was not just one play..but the last drive the the steelers had. because i think EVERYONE was having flashbacks to last years regular season game when big ben had the come back. to see it fall short with the incompletion on fourth down..pretty good
shield4life  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:20:52 AM(UTC)
The fumble did kill there momentum but don't forget there end zone defense got there momentum back but what pretty much saved the game IMO is the tackle from the Steelers (Polomalu I think), stopping GJ going all the way on the last drive when there was 5:30 left in the game.

If we had scored there we would of gave 5:00 about for the steelers to score a TD.

God knows what Big Ben would do with 5 minutes remaining.
Greg C.  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:37:23 AM(UTC)
The fumble did kill there momentum but don't forget there end zone defense got there momentum back but what pretty much saved the game IMO is the tackle from the Steelers (Polomalu I think), stopping GJ going all the way on the last drive when there was 5:30 left in the game.

If we had scored there we would of gave 5:00 about for the steelers to score a TD.

God knows what Big Ben would do with 5 minutes remaining.

But the Steelers would've trailed by ten points instead of six. The four extra points for the Packers would've been worth way more than the five extra minutes, because it would've been a two score game instead of a one score game.
Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:06:00 AM(UTC)
Crabtree's 1 yard catch that kept the drive going. Someone on the radio mentioned it and I agree. It ate up lots more time.
istanbulpacker  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:02:53 AM(UTC)

Loved this one too. Especially since Aaron Rodgers had the faith to come back to Jordy one play after a huge drop and Jordy made a play.

I made the same comment during the game. Jordy just drops a pass and yet the very next play, a more important needed completion, A-Rod has the confidence to go right back to Jordy. HUGE!
Yerko  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:10:10 AM(UTC)
There was definitely more than one, makes it hard to choose.

Nick Collins should be number 1. Though the celebration helped the Steelers with better position, this turnover also put points on the board. (Secondary props to big Howard Green for getting in the way of the throw).

Clay Matthews forced fumble with Desmond Bishop recovery.

Jordy Nelson had some great catches that could be considered in this conversation.

Rodgers to Jennings.
kobe16  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:18:25 AM(UTC)
IMO it was the fumble by mendenhall. That allowed the packers to go down and get points which they really needed because the steelers had all of the momentum.
Tezzy  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:35:44 AM(UTC)
The play of the game was victory formation!
Rss Feed