Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:44:43 AM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

You know what just hit me, is that I see no reason why we can't repeat. We did that with that many injuries?! There is no doubt, we'll be favorites next year. Weak Vikings, possibly imploding Bears, I love it.

BACK TO BACK
BACK TO BACK
blank
Offline DGB454  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:12:09 AM(UTC)
DGB454

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 7

I was thinking about that last night. With the injured coming back it should prove to be another great season.
Offline gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:15:48 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

our roster should be fucking amazing next season if we resign jones and jenkins and peprah. with everyone coming back plus the draft our training camp battles are going to be ridiculous. remember this season when we had the most cuts picked up by other teams, imagine next year.
call me Dan
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:33:16 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

As I've said repeatedly, I firmly believe the Packers will again lead the league in players picked up by other teams. We might have a decent amount of low-level trade bait on the roster this year. It wouldn't bother me at all to see James Jones on the block.
UserPostedImage
Offline shield4life  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:15:32 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Our roster is going to be unbelievable next year.

Here are some of the things I would like to happen in the off season tho.

Trade Jackson / Barnett

Re-Sign Jones / Jenkins / Peprah

Re-structure Hawk

Draft ---> CB - LB - KR / PR (Play maker please)

* Sign a crazy free agent ---> Just for the fun lol, if we don't I could care less.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline JordyNelson87  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:21:13 AM(UTC)
JordyNelson87

We definitely need a Cb to replace Woodson in a few years. Then and O-Line men, Linebacker, and Kr/Pr.
blank
Offline Wamzlee  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:23:32 AM(UTC)
Wamzlee

James Jones is a good player/teammate, but I feel that we should draft a quality wide-receiver just so the corps. don't get too complacent.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
As I've said repeatedly, I firmly believe the Packers will again lead the league in players picked up by other teams.

Attention Commish Goodell:
Compensatory draft pick, please.
blank
Offline Greg C.  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:47:17 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

As I've said repeatedly, I firmly believe the Packers will again lead the league in players picked up by other teams. We might have a decent amount of low-level trade bait on the roster this year. It wouldn't bother me at all to see James Jones on the block.

Jones is a free agent. The Packers won't get anything for him. His drops have seriously damaged his value. I wouldn't mind if they signed him for the right price, but it is time to bring in another good receiving prospect. Jones is unreliable and may be go elsewhere anyway, Driver is nearing the end of the line, and Swain looks no better than a #4.
blank
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:36:52 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

Jones is a free agent. The Packers won't get anything for him. His drops have seriously damaged his value. I wouldn't mind if they signed him for the right price, but it is time to bring in another good receiving prospect. Jones is unreliable and may be go elsewhere anyway, Driver is nearing the end of the line, and Swain looks no better than a #4.

I don't think he has seriously damaged his value, although his drops no doubt lower the money he could get in his next deal.

But, honestly, I hope Ted is willing to give Jones at least one more chance. What I think a lot of people underestimate with Jones is his talent. He has deceptive speed, some quicks to him, is built really well, and runs good routes. If he can ever become consistent catching the ball, he would be a tremendous complement to Jennings and Finley.

His talent is vast... some of the things I've seen him do on replays are really unexpected. He can get behind some relatively fast CBs, can make defenders miss in the open field, and make some really tough catches. If he ever became more consistent, you have the makings of an exceptional #3 option behind are other two top playmakers. That is a big "if" though.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:41:24 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

Didn't Antonio Freeman have trouble catching the easy ones, then broke his forearm and caught everything?

;)
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:59:00 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I don't think he has seriously damaged his value, although his drops no doubt lower the money he could get in his next deal.

But, honestly, I hope Ted is willing to give Jones at least one more chance. What I think a lot of people underestimate with Jones is his talent. He has deceptive speed, some quicks to him, is built really well, and runs good routes. If he can ever become consistent catching the ball, he would be a tremendous complement to Jennings and Finley.

His talent is vast... some of the things I've seen him do on replays are really unexpected. He can get behind some relatively fast CBs, can make defenders miss in the open field, and make some really tough catches. If he ever became more consistent, you have the makings of an exceptional #3 option behind are other two top playmakers. That is a big "if" though.

I hear you, I hear you. I've been in Jones' corner for most of his time here. He looked very impressive to me even as a rookie. He's so smooth. But my patience has worn thin with the drops in the playoffs. He's been in the league for four years; he should be able to catch the ball by now.

I would hate to see him go to another team and light it up, after we went through all these growing pains with him, but maybe that's a chance the Packers will have to take. We'll see what kind of price he commands on the open market.
blank
Offline porky88  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:51:51 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 398

I feel good about the Green Bays chances. I know some don't want to throw out dynasty or back-to-back yet, but the fact is, trends are meant to be broken. The idea of 10 straight years of a different NFC Champion is going to last is absurd. Eventually, that cycle will break and the Packers are as well equipped to do it as any recent team I can think of.

In a chat, I compared this team to the 88 49ers. They were 10-6 and won the Super Bowl. The next year, they won 14 games and blew out Denver. I see many similarities
Offline jdog2  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 8:18:29 AM(UTC)
jdog2

Applause Received: 1

Didn't Antonio Freeman have trouble catching the easy ones, then broke his forearm and caught everything?

;)

I gotcha we need to break Jones' forearm
blank
Offline shield4life  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 8:40:41 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

I disagree we mustn't get rid of James Jones, specially if DD is in his last years.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline Yerko  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 8:54:33 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 255

I disagree we mustn't get rid of James Jones, specially if Donald Driver is in his last years.

I was sort of thinking the same thing, but Driver has at least another season....if not 2 seasons. The good thing about Driver is he will know when to call it quits and I haven't seen that from him yet.

With that being said, there is Jordy Nelson who has shown he can also be an exceptional wide receiver. I would place Jordy Nelson at #3 over James Jones. The Pack also have Brett Swain who has shown some promise when he is in the game. Packers also have the return of Jermichael Finley, easily playing a #2 or #3 wide receiver.

I don't think Jones will be as big of a loss as people think. I am definitely not against the Packers sticking with him though (if he stops dropping the damn ball).
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed