You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline musccy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:23:06 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 124
Applause Received: 115

Just wondering what you all think was the biggest play of the game yesterday. The definition of this is open to interpretation, but I've heard the fumble, Jennings' seam pass, and Collins' pick as 3 of the bigger ones picked by the media.
Sponsor
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:24:36 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

I think it was the 30+ yard completion to Jennings on the drive that stalled inside the 10, forcing us to settle for the field goal. That play broke the stalemate and enabled the Packers to burn several extra minutes off the clock, putting the Steelers' offense in a serious bind when they got the ball back.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:30:01 AM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

The biggest play was the fumble to me, they had all the momentum, that fumble saved the game.
blank
Offline Porforis  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:32:22 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

The CM3 forced fumble in the fourth. We were in freefall and the momentum was heavily against us, with one play we changed all that. Without a doubt the key turning point in the game. We got the defense off the field, the offense put together a drive, we took momentum back, and our defense came back rested and more focused. Even if the Steelers had turned the ball over after taking another 5 minutes off the clock our defense might not have enough gas left in the tank to stop them in the end.
UserPostedImage
Offline GermanGilbert  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:33:37 AM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 70

for me it's 50-50.

1. the above mentioned 31 yarder to jennings, that kept this time consuming drive alive and gave the steelers only 2 minutes left
2. fumble recovery by bishop. the momentum was big time on the steelers side when this play happened. they were going downfield and maybe would have taken the lead. instead, moments later the packers were up by 11 again.
blank
Offline musccy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:40:29 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 124
Applause Received: 115

just for the sake of mixing things up, I thought the Jones drop was pretty damn big. You potentially go back up 18, force the Steelers out of their run game which was very effective against the Pack, and put the ball back in the hands of Big Ben who had been shaky all day.
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:42:10 AM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

I fumble was awesome. 2nd at 2 at GB 33, unreal how Clay Matthews just seems to always make plays, awesome talent.
blank
Offline Greg C.  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:57:15 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

It was the fumble forced by Clay and recovered by Bishop on the first play of the fourth quarter. That's where the momentum switched back toward the Packers. Before that play, things did not appear to be in their favor. After that, they never lost control of the game.
blank
Offline millertime  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:12:23 AM(UTC)
millertime

Applause Given: 3

I loved Nelson's catch and run. I want to say the Collins INT, but that didn't completely change the game (Steelers came back).
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi
Offline TOPackerFan  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:29:28 AM(UTC)
TOPackerFan

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I loved Nelson's catch and run. I want to say the Collins INT, but that didn't completely change the game (Steelers came back).

Loved this one too. Especially since Aaron Rodgers had the faith to come back to Jordy one play after a huge drop and Jordy made a play.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
Offline agopackgo4  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:43:40 AM(UTC)
agopackgo4

I firs think of the Collins INT. I know that is not the most flashy. But I will always rememer that one getting thrown the ball being in the air and saying "thats getting picked!!" before I saw anyone around the ball. That and the 3rd an 10 completion to Jennings. Something that they had trouble doing all game, they came through.
Offline RaiderPride  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:56:09 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 91
Applause Received: 183

There are so many.... Clay's hit for the fumble would be the Play of the game in my book.

However... Not to take anything away from the Packers.... But Pits decision to try and make that field goal was huge. That was a dumb call by Tomlin and I still can not figure out what he was thinking.

He had not hit a FG over 50 all year? Not enough leg, and it gave the Packers great field position.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline agopackgo4  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:25:23 AM(UTC)
agopackgo4

One other thing that really stood out to me was not just one play..but the last drive the the steelers had. because i think EVERYONE was having flashbacks to last years regular season game when big ben had the come back. to see it fall short with the incompletion on fourth down..pretty good
Offline shield4life  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:20:52 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

The fumble did kill there momentum but don't forget there end zone defense got there momentum back but what pretty much saved the game IMO is the tackle from the Steelers (Polomalu I think), stopping GJ going all the way on the last drive when there was 5:30 left in the game.

If we had scored there we would of gave 5:00 about for the steelers to score a TD.

God knows what Big Ben would do with 5 minutes remaining.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline Greg C.  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:37:23 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The fumble did kill there momentum but don't forget there end zone defense got there momentum back but what pretty much saved the game IMO is the tackle from the Steelers (Polomalu I think), stopping GJ going all the way on the last drive when there was 5:30 left in the game.

If we had scored there we would of gave 5:00 about for the steelers to score a TD.

God knows what Big Ben would do with 5 minutes remaining.

But the Steelers would've trailed by ten points instead of six. The four extra points for the Packers would've been worth way more than the five extra minutes, because it would've been a two score game instead of a one score game.
blank