You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 10:39:29 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 52

Just saw Rodgers tweet to Larry Fitzgerald... seems like they are friends. Any chance Larry decides enough is enough, and after next season is hell-bent on joining forces with his friends Rodgers + Jennings ala LeBron with the Heat? Fitz has his contract set up so that he cannot be applied franchise tag... plus given what he had at QB this year, I'm sure he'd appreciate an upgrade....

Delusional is I? Yes, yes I probably is.

Being serious, I agree with Greg and G-Force we don't need James Jones, especially with Jordy being on the depth chart also. The thing that just gets me is that, like Greg mentioned, we see James Jones finally become consistent with another team - that talent being put to good use somewhere else makes me pretty ticked off just thinking about it.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:19:53 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Just saw Rodgers tweet to Larry Fitzgerald... seems like they are friends. Any chance Larry decides enough is enough, and after next season is hell-bent on joining forces with his friends Rodgers + Jennings ala LeBron with the Heat? Fitz has his contract set up so that he cannot be applied franchise tag... plus given what he had at QB this year, I'm sure he'd appreciate an upgrade....

Delusional is I? Yes, yes I probably is.

Being serious, I agree with Greg and G-Force we don't need James Jones, especially with Jordy being on the depth chart also. The thing that just gets me is that, like Greg mentioned, we see James Jones finally become consistent with another team - that talent being put to good use somewhere else makes me pretty ticked off just thinking about it.

If you add Fitzgerald and Finley to this year's passing offense, they are completely unstoppable. It wouldn't even be fair.

I think we need to hold onto Jones. Rodgers has experience with him. They know each other's tendencies well. Plus Driver is getting up there in age, and we can't move forward with Swain as our #3 WR. It's a deep position on the roster but we NEED it to be deep.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:25:43 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

[EDIT - ASSUMING THERE IS AN NFL SEASON NEXT YEAR]

lol
blank
Offline Dulak  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:29:20 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

Couldnt agree more - if someone at the start of the season would of said we would of put 16 guys on IR and lost how many starters? ... finley, grant, barnett, burnett and gone through 6 ROLBers and went 10-6 in the POs and made it in just barely as the 6th seed and then won the SB ... I would of said No F'ing way.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:09:19 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

I realize that Jones is a free agent, unfortunately, which probably puts the Packers in the peculiar position of having to resign him before dangling him in a trade. It's probable also that he would have to be packaged with another player (or draft picks), a proposition to which Ted Thompson would not likely be amenable, and it's not likely we'd get more than a 5th round pick for him anyway. Also, Aaron Rodgers does seem to be comfortable with him despite the drops, since he doesn't hesitate to go back to him (though one could also argue that that is more a function of there only being so many receivers on the team, particularly when Jennings is targeted by the defense). Finally, Ted Thompson seems to favor homegrown talent. Therefore, the probability is he will be on the roster next year.

The idea of trading Nick Barnett for picks verges on preposterous. He's gone down both of the previous two seasons with injury, and he wasn't putting on a great showing in the Packers' 3-4 defense even when he was healthy. I don't see any way another team would offer more than a 7th round pick (maybe a 6th if they were truly desperate) for him, and even that's doubtful. I think the probability is he will simply be waived.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:22:47 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

You can trade players who are not free agents so even if we sign him, we can still trade him.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!