Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Blitz  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:44:54 PM(UTC)
Maybe bring back the Brett Favre Forum, or a similar section for such distracting issues such as this:
Packers boss: Team wants Brett Favre back in the family
Formo  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:37:36 PM(UTC)
Ok, wtf happened? I go away for the weekend and now I JUST notice this thread. Who put the barb in Foster's ass?? Damnit, I actually LIKED that guy!
Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:19:29 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Ok, wtf happened? I go away for the weekend and now I JUST notice this thread.

Geez.
dhazer  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:38:32 PM(UTC)
Ok, wtf happened? I go away for the weekend and now I JUST notice this thread. Who put the barb in Foster's ass?? Damnit, I actually LIKED that guy!

Don't feel bad my viking comrade, I am here everyday and this is the 1st time I noticed it.
Hell I didn't know people were getting banned. This is the main reason I enjoyed this site because I could voice my opinion on things which usually pissed off someone.

I think of all of you as friends, even that cranky bastard Dakota, but thats what I like about him. We all have different personalities which makes this site so great.

Ok I am rambling now so lets all do a big group hug with Packgirl in the middle:)

Ok give me a White House on 3.

Oh and in closing Dave you have to come back and if you do I promise I will like Ted Thompson and MM.
Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 11:22:18 PM(UTC)
Hell I didn't know people were getting banned. This is the main reason I enjoyed this site because I could voice my opinion on things which usually pissed off someone.

Who's banned?
macbob  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:37:03 AM(UTC)
Zero--Packershome is like family. I greatly enjoy hanging out here and discussing the Packers, etc. If I didn't, I wouldn't keep coming back. Like family (and McCarthy), it does drive me nuts sometimes (and sometimes makes me want to poke my eyes out with a stick).

But when it does, I skip the threads that I know will p*ss me off, or I'll take a break for a few days until the DTs get too much for me to take, and I come back for another fix.

Dfoster--brother, I'm going to miss you. I hope you won't stay away long.

Zero--I'm not much good on advice. I guess I would say that different people will have different ideas of the 'perfect' site. My ideal site is a welcoming place where people can hang out and be themselves. If people want to discuss Brett Favre throwing more interceptions in one playoff game than Aaron Rodgers' career playoff totals, then I'd let them. If I want, I'll just skip over those posts/threads and move on to the next promising topic.
Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:07:56 PM(UTC)
Skipping over certain threads is something I'm working on doing. Been doing well the last few days. But when a thread is titled James Starks and then Brett is being discussed, ... well, thats why I prefer threads to stay relatively on topic.
evad04  
#28 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 4:27:36 PM(UTC)
I also didn't see this until just now. I'm not as frequent a poster -- a different story altogether -- but I am on here EVERY day. Sorry to make a Brett Favre analogy, but Zero's greatest strength can tend to seem a weakness at times. We point out that Favre's gunslinger style gets him remarkable touchdowns but also interceptions. Zero's greatest strengths -- his passion and commitment to the site -- can appear to manifest themselves occasionally as dictatorial. At the end of the day the little spats we have pale in comparison to the stimulating, informative, funny and even humbling conversations we have.

Oh yeah, and this is not the time to divide. We are living the dream every sports fan has -- our beloved team has a crack at the championship. GO PACK GO!
Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 4:52:43 PM(UTC)
I don't disagree with my weakness, which is why I've been trying to stay away from the site, just post a comment here an there and post articles. I think the sites better with less comments from me.
Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 4:55:18 PM(UTC)
I think the sites better with less comments from me.

This I disagree strongly with.. on so many levels.
evad04  
#31 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 5:00:16 PM(UTC)

This I disagree strongly with.. on so many levels.
Packers_Finland  
#32 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 5:25:00 PM(UTC)

I don't think this site would be the experience it is if some dick didn't question my every post now would it? Keep 'em coming.
macbob  
#33 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 3:14:52 AM(UTC)

Where's the - 1 button when you need one???
all_about_da_packers  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:11:38 AM(UTC)
I don't disagree with my weakness, which is why I've been trying to stay away from the site, just post a comment here an there and post articles. I think the sites better with less comments from me.

I wonder, Z, if you are starting to get burnt out by being the Site Owner, Admin, Mod, etc. all rolled into one.

You obviously want the site to go a particular direction, then you work tirelessly to try to lead it into that direction. I believe I can somewhat relate based on my time as PF mod, especially towards the end where it honestly went from being fun and entertaining to being a frustration because things were not unfolding in particular ways. The more you try, the more it takes out of you, and the more you tend to focus on the things that go against your vision than things that are leading to your vision.

After the PF thing happened without notice, I frankly was so relieved to not have to mod anymore... I could be a jerk (not that I wanted to be), be a fan, and post what I wanted because I wanted to, not because I felt like I needed to.

Perhaps consider taking time away from here as site owner, Z? That is, maybe consider appointing a mod or creating a separate mod account that you only log into when absolutely necessary (like separating threads that are way off-topic). In other words, become a fan first again, and realize you have no fixed time-line to get the site to a particular end-point (your vision). You have time to work with, use it to your advantage. Instead of being Zero the site-owner 24/7, cut it down to being the site-owner at select hours a week where you try to implement your vision with the understanding it will be a gradual process. Other than those select few hours a week, when you have free time use it to browse the site as a fan or go watch tv with your daughter because there is a kid / girly show you secretly have become addicted to but don't want anyone to know so you try to play it slick by pretending to be watching it with your daughter so one will really guess the truth. Or go send pics of spiders to trom... frankly I think the world could use a bit more of petrified trom doing weird things like running out of the shower naked. Or find out a way to get rid of rats permanently - that would be useful, too.

I hope at least you do not feel the need to sparsely comment going forward. If you want someone to post particular articles, then considering PMing someone who seems to have some free time and get him to search/post those articles. Basically, be a fan again on your own site and try to find a way in which you can primarily post because you want to, not because you feel the need to have to. Your posts on this site contribute to it being a place so many of us have come to like.

And I hope df will reconsider. Frankly, the role of cranky old-man is surprisingly hard to fill, especially at the level that df filled it at. The vast majority of cranky old men don't know how to use a computer, and don't have the patience to learn.
Packers_Finland  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:29:20 PM(UTC)
Cranky old men huh? I can remember one whose screenname is four letters begins with a W and ends with a E.
wpr  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:38:44 PM(UTC)
come back foster and enjoy the Packerness of victory.
Wade  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:04:42 PM(UTC)
Cranky old men huh? I can remember one whose screenname is four letters begins with a W and ends with a E.

Ah, but he's just an apprentice. Foster is the master.

:)
TwinkieGorilla  
#38 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:41:05 AM(UTC)
Geez. I got banned for like a week and didn't even so much as complain. Are we football fans or a goddamn women's knitting group? Get the fuck back here, Foster.

Shit. You're one of the only ones who likes me. I need you. :'(
wpr  
#39 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:58:18 AM(UTC)
Geez. I got banned for like a week and didn't even so much as complain. Are we football fans or a goddamn women's knitting group? Get the fuck back here, Foster.

Shit. You're one of the only ones who likes me. I need you. :'(

I know I don't. :pottytrain2:

j/k
Cheesey  
#40 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:51:38 AM(UTC)
Here's my 2 cents.....well, i can't afford that.....how about one cent?
There is more freedom on this site then most. When i was on the site of a former Packer QB, i got banned for daring to question the guy running the site. Here, i have been able to give my opinions without so much as a hand slap.
Of course i always TRY to post my opinions with respect. So as to not be a dink.
And until i have to pay to be on this site, Kevin has the right to run it as he sees fit.
And people have the right to stay here or leave if they want. Although i don't understand why they would want to leave. Where would you ever run into a bunch as the people that come here?
Rss Feed