Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg C.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:33:53 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Who will you be watching against the Broncos? Here are a few to start with:

TE Tory Humphrey--After all the injuries these past two years, it's about time he shows us something. How about one big gainer down the middle?

DT Rodney Allen--Came out of nowhere and turned a few heads on his first day in camp this week. We could use a break at this position. Maybe he will provide it.

G Josh Sitton--Had a rough time last week. The rookie needs to show that he is worthy of a starting spot.

G Darryn Colledge--So inconsistent that he's always worth watching.

Brian Brohm--In danger of losing the backup job to Matt Flynn. Brohm has the skills. Maybe he will finally begin to put them all together.

Who else?
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:35:54 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Jackson-see how he holds up to blitz pick ups..as far as that goes EVERY one that should be doing blitz pick ups!

I want to see the entire DL not sucking air like they did the other week when they weren't even in for a full half yet

Rodgers to see if he learned how to get rid of the ball faster
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:39:16 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

Great thread.

QB Aaron Rodgers - he has to get the offense rolling, it'll be interesting to see how he performs coming off a very sub-par game not just for him, but the entire offense. He has to get rid of the ball faster, read the coverages better, and make adjustments better.

CB Jarret Bush - he was terrible. He needs a solid outing to show himself worthy of making the final 53 (most likely as the 6th CB).

FS Aaron Rouse - Here's his chance to show he belongs with the starting 11 on D. He's a play maker, it seems when ever he plays extended minutes he creates turnovers. We need that in a S, and he has to show that he can consistently tackle in open space.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline Greg C.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:52:52 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
CB Jarret Bush - he was terrible. He needs a solid outing to show himself worthy of making the final 53 (most likely as the 6th CB).

I was going to mention him, but forgot. This could be his last stand.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:56:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings. Is he one hundred percent.

I believe Jennings said he's fine, but coaches were taking it 'smart' with him.

Greg Jennings
Aaron Rouse
OL
Aaron Rodgers
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:58:08 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

you guys pretty much said it all,i just hope they all show up in play herrel should be able to come back dont recall though would also like to see grant most of all i would like to see arod come out and play better if he plays like he did last week were in for along season
Offline CubanPenguin  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 12:11:14 AM(UTC)
CubanPenguin

I love that laying the bed post on the defenders line tromadz, Your gonna have to slip that one into the next podcast. :P
blank
Offline Bigbyfan  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 12:45:52 AM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

Scott Wells - After being injured for such a long perid of time, he needs to get back into playing shape.

Greg Jennings - Because he will kill me if I don't watch him.

Anyone playing DT - Please!!!! Please someone at DT give me something worth watching.

Aaron Rodgers and all his receivers - They will be tested against two of the better CB's in the league.

Atari Bigby - Same reason as Greg Jennings.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 12:55:34 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Great thread Greg..

Couple come to mind..

Jordy Nelson on Special teams.. will he shine again making a real run at a returning job.

Hodge and Bishop.. Could one of these backers be on the outside looking in?

Bolston, Muir, and Malone.. possibly not room for all these cats if the new kid Allen flashes.

Barbre, Colledge, and Moll.. my guess is one of these kids are on the bubble.. can one of them come up a needed gem?
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 12:59:51 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 409

1. The entire 1st Team Offensive Line

This is the obvious one. I'm willing to let last weeks game slide because you know it's pre season but based on the comments I heard I think the offensive line is embarrassed by their performance against the 49ers. If that's not enough for them to get motivated for this game then I will be worried.

2. Aaron Rodgers

He has to be one of the most watched players in the league. Obviously I'll watch him. I want to see him set his feet better and just play his game. We know what type of game he can play. You saw it at Cal and you saw it against Dallas. I haven't really seen that yet. Not even against Cincy early on. Now I'm not saying he needs to play outstanding but I want to see him get rid of that ball fast.

3. Aaron Rouse

This has been my guy since he's been drafted. I said he'd be the opening day starter and I'm hoping he can get an INT and hopefully seal it. He's a ballhawk. Watched him at the Senior Bowl and during the practices he was always around the ball. That's just how he plays.

4. Pat Lee

This was my favorite draft pick this year. Good press coverage and I think he's the 4th best corner on the roster right now. With a good game and a poor one by Williams then you might be looking at the teams nickel back.
Rss Feed