Green Bay Packers Forum
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#46 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 1:10:34 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The other thing is - positional differences. 1st round DTs should contribute right away. QBs take a little bit of time.


" said: Go to Quoted Post
The other thing is - positional differences. 1st round DTs should contribute right away.



Not necessarily. I believe it was Mike Shanahan that stated last year that anything you get out of a d-linemen in the first year is a bonus, they need time to adjust to the pro-level. (I believe he said this in reference to Harrell, actually)

Considering that statement, I do not think anyone can really call Harrell a bust. It is still too darn early, and even with his injury set back I look for Harrell to step up in to the DT rotation before the half way point of the season.

One thing that is really telling is that when Colin Cole went out, Harrell replaced him as one of the gunners. That shows a heck of a lot of versatility.

Personally, I think the Packers have the makings of adding a 3-4 to their scheme on certain situations, if and only if Harrell gets healthy. Harrell , Jolly, Jenkins/Montgomery to anchor the D-front might be passable if used once in a while.


Well, I'll repeat what I said. I didn't say "bust," I said this:

Quote:
Yes. It is too early to call him a bust.

He gets one more year before "bust" status.

As of now, he's "heading for bust" status.
Offline zombieslayer  
#47 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 1:13:24 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
In that Harrell being hurt is providing another belt of ammunition to those that are absolutely immersed in the quagmire of hatred forTed Thompsonand unmitigated love for Brett, I suspect that a large contingent of "the missing 800" are of that persuasion. I submit that if this trend continues, we will benefit, at least in a fashion sense. I have a strong suspicion that many, if not most of the missing 800 have been attending games festooned in blaze orange. I find this to clash with the sea of green and gold on my HDTV, and look forward to a more color coordinated viewing experience. #Microwave:


This has nothing to do with hatred of Ted Thompson and love for Brett Favre and everything to do with Packer fans being genuinely concerned that we as a team made a mistake getting rid of C Williams because Harrell is currently in "heading for bust" status.

The way we played last year, we need our DT rotation. I think with a weaker DT and stronger LB in '08, we'll see more work out of our LBs and less out of our DTs. MM's going to have to compensate for what he has to work with.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#48 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Well, I'll repeat what I said. I didn't say "bust," I said this:

Quote:
Yes. It is too early to call him a bust.

He gets one more year before "bust" status.

As of now, he's "heading for bust" status.



Yeah, I meant to imply that Harrell did contribute to the team, but not necessarily in the fashion many (not you) would expect (IE starting on D).

Didn't mean to pick you out or anything. A first rounder should start somewhere down the line, that is for certain. But no need to worry about him not starting yet... he still has a chance to make a career for himself.

As long as he doesn't get injured again playing Wii. xCENSOREDxx:
Offline zombieslayer  
#49 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 1:36:46 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Well, I'll repeat what I said. I didn't say "bust," I said this:

Quote:
Yes. It is too early to call him a bust.

He gets one more year before "bust" status.

As of now, he's "heading for bust" status.



Yeah, I meant to imply that Harrell did contribute to the team, but not necessarily in the fashion many (not you) would expect (IE starting on D).

Didn't mean to pick you out or anything. A first rounder should start somewhere down the line, that is for certain. But no need to worry about him not starting yet... he still has a chance to make a career for himself.

As long as he doesn't get injured again playing Wii. xCENSOREDxx:


Oh, no prob. I just talk a lot so you probably confused what I said somewhere with something else.

As for Wii, I'm still waiting for the first Wii death, then uber-lawsuit, Congressional hearing, Mothers Against Wii groups, etc. You know it's coming. It's just a matter of time.
Offline dfosterf  
#50 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 5:12:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
In that Harrell being hurt is providing another belt of ammunition to those that are absolutely immersed in the quagmire of hatred forTed Thompsonand unmitigated love for Brett, I suspect that a large contingent of "the missing 800" are of that persuasion. I submit that if this trend continues, we will benefit, at least in a fashion sense. I have a strong suspicion that many, if not most of the missing 800 have been attending games festooned in blaze orange. I find this to clash with the sea of green and gold on my HDTV, and look forward to a more color coordinated viewing experience. #Microwave:


This has nothing to do with hatred ofTed Thompsonand love for Brett Favre and everything to do with Packer fans being genuinely concerned that we as a team made a mistake getting rid of C Williams because Harrell is currently in "heading for bust" status.

The way we played last year, we need our DT rotation. I think with a weaker DT and stronger LB in '08, we'll see more work out of our LBs and less out of our DTs. MM's going to have to compensate for what he has to work with.
I happen to agree with you as regards the mistake. I think it was a difficult decision regarding C Williams, especially in light of Johnny Jolly being injured and Justin being... well... not being, yet. I was attempting to interject some semi-self effacing humor into a discussion, but shall instead watch my lead balloon pass beneath my feet.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / packerfanoutwest

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter