Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 1:41:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,097

Thank you to all who registered and posted and provided help. In the next coming weeks to months the transition to the new site will be completed.

It was far more difficult than probably worth, but I have all of the members from here imported over and ready to authorize their accounts with the new PackersHome. I'll write up a doc on how to do that next week.

The DotNetNuke (main CMS framework) took to the new members flawlessly with the module I hacked. The YAF (YetAnotherForum) software however took each member and put them in alphabetical order and assigned them the wrong UserId. What does this mean to you? Well, each post is tied to a UserId and if that UserId is wrong, the post will appear to have been made by someone else.

The issue with this is the UserId field is an auto identify field and I'm having trouble figuring out how to update said field. Once that's figure out, I'll be able to import the topics and then the posts.

The forum categories have been created successfully as well. I had to re-identify them which is why the site was down yesterday for a few hours.

Anyhooters ...

I'm leaving Thursday after work for Green Bay, WI to bring Keiana to her mother's for the summer. This means, I probably won't be touching the new website until I get back sometime late next week.

Today, we'll probably have movie night.
Tuesday, hit Buffalo Wild Wings then watch the two NCIS finales
Wednesday, getting our hair(s) cut
Thursday, driving to Wisconsin

I might have time, but I'm thinking any free time we'll end up killing with watching movies or what not.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline vikesrule  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 4:20:35 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
...I might have time, but I'm thinking any free time we'll end up killing with watching movies or what not.

Just chill on the site Z2C....spend time with your daughter!
The site will go on or not, whatever.... but your daughter is growing up and before you know it, she'l be grown.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 4:30:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

...I might have time, but I'm thinking any free time we'll end up killing with watching movies or what not.

The site will go on or not, whatever.... but your daughter is growing up and before you know it, she'l be grown.

Definitely, however, she's 9 and is already wanting to play with her friends because "Daddy, I won't see them ALL summer long!!". LoL

We had a lot of fun over the weekend.
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 6:59:17 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Definitely, however, she's 9 and is already wanting to play with her friends because "Daddy, I won't see them ALL summer long!!". LoL

We had a lot of fun over the weekend.

Dang...she's 9? I was still thinking of your daughter as being about 6 years old.
Time flies.....and I can understand her and the friends thing.

You're doing fine......carry on. :icon_smile:
Offline 68md  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 8:37:16 PM(UTC)
68md

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2009

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 12

Second that ! As slow as things are in the NFL period...enjoy your family and a sometime around titletown. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 11:26:25 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

It's crazy, in a few months, she's gonna be 10. I definitely am not robbing time from her for anything. Usually the site steals sleep time, lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:26:23 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 1,048

Hmmm... can't seem to log into the new environment.. can't even resend a password..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:43:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Hmmm... can't seem to log into the new environment.. can't even resend a password..

That's good, I've asked everyone to keep away. If someone logs in and makes a post, it'll ruin the structure, at least, until I figure out how the heck to get the userid's to match between DNN and YAF.

The DNN to YAF user importer put all of the DNN users in alphabetical order, then imported them. So now all the userid's are wrong. Just my friggin luck.

Code:

SELECT Name
FROM sys.procedures
WHERE OBJECT_DEFINITION(OBJECT_ID) LIKE '%order by user%'

Shawn, would you be able to make a backup of the database and upload it for me? I can't access it from work via management studio. I have to go through the stored procedures and find which one is doing the alphabetizing and comment it out and then redo a mass user import once again.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:59:21 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Code:
sp_helptext 'GetUsersByUserName'
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:26:44 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Stupid ass Guest account in YAF is screwing sh*t up.

Work around..
Current Site, merge Zero2Cool and SlickVision, keep SlickVision UserID of 4 to avoid offsetting every UserID by 1 when imported to YAF.

Prior to DNN user import, add UserID 3 with bogus values.

This will maintain UserID integrity for topics and posts import.
UserPostedImage
Offline Methodikal  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:26:06 PM(UTC)
Methodikal

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 6

Okay, I think we're back up?
Something funny.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:48:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Pretty neat how it's showing the OLDEST topics first. Obviously, a lot of kinks to work through. :sigh:
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:21:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Pretty neat how it's showing the OLDEST topics first. Obviously, a lot of kinks to work through. :sigh:

There are several oddities with the new software because of the hasty import. The main one you'll notice aside from the above quote, is many posts lost their "structure". It was pretty difficult to grab the data properly and then import it while maintaining said structure. (i just noticed IE9 there's no spell check on here) ... anyhow ... the good news since everything is set up, I can simple turn my INSERT into and UPDATE after I figure out how to retain the proper post/message structure.

The other side is gone and that was taken out of my hands so I know most will hate this platform, but I am confident over the coming weeks and months I'll morph it into something you'll be glad to browse to.

UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:33:37 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
There are several oddities with the new software because of the hasty import. The main one you'll notice aside from the above quote, is many posts lost their "structure". It was pretty difficult to grab the data properly and then import it while maintaining said structure. (i just noticed IE9 there's no spell check on here) ... anyhow ... the good news since everything is set up, I can simple turn my INSERT into and UPDATE after I figure out how to retain the proper post/message structure.

The other side is gone and that was taken out of my hands so I know most will hate this platform, but I am confident over the coming weeks and months I'll morph it into something you'll be glad to browse to.

I must say Kevin, you "busted your butt" on this one. Your last minute scrambling and hard work....most impressive indeed.
I am sure that people would have survived for a few more days/weeks, but I know what this site means to you, so...well done, well done indeed!

I make it a policy to never hire cheeseheads....but I would hire you :)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/11/2011(UTC)
Offline 4PackGirl  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:31:03 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 153
Applause Received: 124

wow - gotta check this place out for awhile & get used to things. great job, kev. :)
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/11/2011(UTC)