Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:12:15 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Not sure how to embed this

But it is Brett in an older interview saying I promise you, I wont be one of those guys that retire and then show up to play for someone else
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Methodikal on 5/21/2011(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline Methodikal  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:15:22 AM(UTC)
Methodikal

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 6

I thought I remembered him saying this but could never find it. Nice find.
Something funny.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:34:51 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Well....he's been consistant.
Say one thing, do another.
I'm sure at the time he said it, he meant it. But if you can flip flop on so many things, can you trust anything the guy says at any time?
He's just a wishy washy guy, plain and simple.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:12:39 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

I will always respect the way he played the game and the joy he provided in being the QB of the Packers for many years.. but I refuse to hold him to the ax because over the course of time he changed his mind on a career change.

Simply put.. Brett could observe Rodgers on a daily basis and more than likely knew a day would come where he would be a threat to his starting role of the Packers.. that placed a sense of doubt in Brett's mind and began to make him worry I would believe.

So what better way to avoid such a scenario of being replaced, just as he did once upon a time to Majic, than to retire... thinking that he would be released from the roster and then make a decision to move to a location of his choice. Problem was.. Packers didn't release him and those retained his rights putting Brett in a spot in which if he wanted to continue to play.. it was going to be with the Packers allowing him to.. when that answer was no.. well the rest his history.

At least that is what I believe to be the case.. hence the burning fire that built in Brett, how dare the Packers not allow him to be "free" and play where he wanted to.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:14:42 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

BTW... it should be water over the damn as we have climbed to the top without Brett.. and he finally showed signs of his football mortality and health.

That book has closed... if he tries to play again.. it will more than likely end just as ugly as this past season.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:24:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

I don't believe I've held it against Brett that he changed his mind, in fact, I remember agreeing with him and also understood his desire to join the Vikings. I didn't like the theory he was trying to 'stick it' to the Packers as his motivation for the Vikings. But in reality, how many teams were legitimately one QB away from being a Super Bowl contender? I think of one at the time and now thinking back on it think of one, the Vikings. It was a controlled climate team as well with a really good running back and superb defense. And he was offered something like $25 million while being catered to.

I just can't blame him for playing again, or the Vikings. Although, I do not like that he ever donned the Vikings uniform, as a man, I respect that. As a fan, I despise it. Make sense?

My beef with Brett lies more with his national interview with Greta where he basically whined about the GM not doing what he wanted him to do and not coddling him or at least sniffing his nuts during the off season. That along with his waffling bothered too. Yes, we all have the right to change our mind and I believe Brett was a victim of himself. He's always going to say what's on his mind and unfortunately the media kept asking him over and over again. Many players have stated there are times after the season they would retire if forced to decide then and there.

Before I ramble anymore ... in conclusion, I don't really hold much against Brett as a player. He's still one of my favorites, but its been tarnished by the Vikings from a fan standpoint.

Some of the things he said, the lies, contradictions have made me lose a lot of respect for Brett as a man. Which, no one really cares about.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dfosterf  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 2:10:51 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

Stop Jim.

You defended the faith perfectly. I was always on your side, even when I couldn't say so.

Good job, bro- fuck 'em. I paid attention.

Dave

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline dhazer  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:13:16 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 191

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Stop Jim.

You defended the faith perfectly. I was always on your side, even when I couldn't say so.

Good job, bro- fuck 'em. I paid attention.

Dave

Wow welcome back stranger :)
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Rss Feed