Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:51:44 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Aww what happened??????

I loved the green!

I switched it back. Even clearly stating the forums skin had not yet been done, several folks ignored (didn't see) that statement and pointed out the few unpleasant colors that were lingering around.

It's going to take awhile to finish the forums skin, so maybe next weekend I'll get to it and finish it. Until then, we'll deal with the "Light" version.
vikesrule  
#22 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 6:09:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I switched it back..... Until then, we'll deal with the "Light" version.

\:d/
Nonstopdrivel  
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 9:25:56 PM(UTC)
Yes, but the white background nis much more practical, because all the links are visible. I think Kevin has been having problems because a lot of the CSS fields are used for multiple objects, making the color overlap excessive.
Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 9:28:52 PM(UTC)
Slowly, I'm figuring it out. I'm using multiple CSS to figure out the Class names for all of the Objects to use. Then give each one a strange color and then play match maker.
Wade  
#25 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 5:42:18 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I switched it back. Even clearly stating the forums skin had not yet been done, several folks ignored (didn't see) that statement and pointed out the few unpleasant colors that were lingering around.

It's going to take awhile to finish the forums skin, so maybe next weekend I'll get to it and finish it. Until then, we'll deal with the "Light" version.

Kevin,

I guess I was one of those. Probably because I'm a bit hazy on the vocabulary of "skin", "theme", etc. And, ahem, too lazy to worry about the difference.Tongue

Let me try to be more precise about what I like/don't like, and y'all can fit it into your plans for development, or not, as you see fit.

1. I much prefer a light (white/gray/light green/whatever) background when reading and writing posts. I'm a geezer -- white on dark printing is much harder on my eyes. ( I was one who, in the old site chose the "light" background option as my default. And the dark background in the chat was always frustrating to me, though the multiple colors of print helped there a bit.) However long it takes for everything to get settled is fine with me -- I haven't a clue how to set up a professional website this complicated, and I can wait. I'm fine with whatever timetable or order of doing things you choose.

However, if the long term solution ends up being white-print-on-dark-background, I expect I'll be hanging out here for shorter periods. (I am not threatening to leave PH, post less often, or anything like that. Just that my bad eyes, and my grumpiness when they get fatigued, will probably mean each visit I make will be shorter in duration.

2. And black on dark green (as with, at the moment, user names to the upper left of that user's post is worst. In fact, as it is at this moment (8 a.m Sunday), the only way I can tell who has a particular post is if I recognize the avatar.

3. I do like the dark green color elsewhere-- as borders, button backgrounds, places where there are a limited number of words, etc. It looks Packer Green, after all. And it provides nice contrast between the parts of the page.

Wade
Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:52:10 AM(UTC)
There will be two versions, Light and Dark with the latter being the default. You can select Light if you want.
vikesrule  
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:38:23 AM(UTC)
You need a third, a purple version.
For those of us with more refined tastes.
Wade  
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 3:17:29 PM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
You need a third, a purple version.
For those of us with more refined tastes.

Hate to tell you this, but they haven't yet figured out a way to have a computer piss on itself. Not even with purple piss.

:)
dhpackr  
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 3:38:10 PM(UTC)
looks good
gbguy20  
#30 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 6:18:24 PM(UTC)
I love what I see right now.
Rockmolder  
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 6:21:09 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
I love what I see right now.

Agreed. Has the old PackersHome feel to it, but then with a slight twist. Love it!
macbob  
#32 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:22:16 PM(UTC)
=d> =d> =d>
gbguy20  
#33 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:45:06 PM(UTC)
This is so well done. very impressed man.
porky88  
#34 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:15:37 PM(UTC)
Yeah, this looks great. You should be proud.
Nonstopdrivel  
#35 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 1:15:14 AM(UTC)
The only thing I don't like about the latest iteration is that the grey accent text is gone -- it is all white now. I liked that some of the ancillary text was in grey. I find it much easidr to follow a site when there is a hierarchy of information: more important information is brighter. For an illustration of what I am talking about, click on Edit post and look at the Subject: field. You will see that (in this case) the text "Site : Skin Design Vision" is in a very subtle, yet readable grey. It is pleasing to the eyes. An iteration or two ago, other text (like post counts, etc.) was in this grey. I really liked it.

Also, just as a heads up, the « and » arrow characters are still virtually invisible because they are black.
Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 6:23:58 AM(UTC)
porky88 said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, this looks great. You should be proud.

Thanks that means a lot. Friday, my goal was to have both themes completed enough to be used before Sunday night.

Rourke, I know what you mean and agree. There are, or should not any true white colors, but rather f1f1f9 type colors that I'll gradually play with over time. As you know, with me and graphics/design, etc nothing is truly final. :)
vikesrule  
#37 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 3:00:51 PM(UTC)
Well, except for the whole green thing you got going on, you have done one hell of a fine job my young friend.
You've done a heck of a lot of work in a short time...you can be damn proud of yourself.

Fine work Kevin, fine work indeed.
Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 4:03:33 PM(UTC)
Thank you for the kind words folks. It means a lot to me as most of you know this site means more to me than any none living thing should, lol.

Compliments and gripes are equally warranted and accepted. I'm always looking for ways to improve the site.
vikesrule  
#39 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 4:13:33 PM(UTC)
I hope you realize that last comment of mine constituted my "Once-a-year say something good about Zero2Cool post"

I'm now good till 2012. Wink

vikesrule attached the following image(s):
vikesrule001.jpg (205kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 4:31:19 PM(UTC)
Sorry vikesrule, that's billboard size, you'll have to shrink that down if you want to use that as your signature graphic. ;)
Rss Feed