Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2011 10:46:21 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

I don't mind the white in the actual forum, though if you want constructive criticism on it here it is: I do think there needs to be more contrast. As I am typing this I see a lot of grey sections, either they need to be darker, or everything that is completely white (the outside edges) should be green.

Also, the white on the homepage is what bugs me. I realize the site is nowhere near finished, but the homepage just looks like it. It looks like it was half done, simply because there is sooo much white. That's ok for the forum, but for the homepage, it just doesn't work. Adding grey for contrast in the text boxes would work nicely, I think.
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 6/10/2011(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 5:21:28 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,884
Applause Received: 1,396

I really hate the HTML editors that we have. I know that it is nice to have a choice of editors.
But I do not see where any of them have the "quote" button. So I type in the [quote" "/quote] myself.
Some of them do not have spell check squiggles. That is manditory for me since I am such a lousey speller. (mistakes here where intentional.)
When I copy and paste an article all of the editors put way too many spaces between paragraphs. I find it annoying.
I know you have tried to help me with making code columns but with this new site I just can not seem to get it down. It is very frustrating for me.
Some of them will arbitrarily highlight a sentence or paragraph and cut it off when I try and paste additional info or type in some other information.  I have tried them all so many times I can not remember which one does what.
Of course the time out is annoying as well.  Sometimes I head out to other sites looking for info and comeback to a timeout.  Sometimes I get tyied up with other times (Like work) and get timed out. 

Some of the editors make me post to a security box.  That is pretty lame.  Others won't let me cut and paste.  But I can if I use the "edit" button on the browser.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool on 6/10/2011(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 5:55:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,889
Applause Received: 2,087

The text editors I'm told are third party, except the "YAF" and "DNN" editors. That means, I can't really do much about them. I too noticed the lack of spell check with HTML and the stupid extra spacing and the lack of a quote button, and ease of insert an image too.

I'm not sure what you mean by posting to the security box.

Finding a suitable HTML or BBCode editor is one of the things I tend to do. I just don't know when unfortunately.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 7:28:45 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
The text editors I&#39;m told are third party, except the &quot;YAF&quot; and &quot;DNN&quot; editors. That means, I can&#39;t really do much about them. I too noticed the lack of spell check with HTML and the stupid extra spacing and the lack of a quote button, and ease of insert an image too.

I&#39;m not sure what you mean by posting to the security box.

Finding a suitable HTML or BBCode editor is one of the things I tend to do. I just don&#39;t know when unfortunately.

first I get this in a popup box when I want to copy-

Quote:
Your browser security settings don&#39;t permit the editor to automatically execute copying operations. Please use the keyboard for that (Ctrl/Cmd+C).

then I get this in another one.

Quote:
Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.

Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK

Edited by moderator Monday, September 12, 2011 12:29:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 7:29:49 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I have 2 different computer that it shows up on. I am not smart enough to mess with the "settings". This in in CK Editor.

It also adds all the extra spaces between the lines.  When I look at my text in the edit mode there are no additional lines to delete.

UserPostedImage

Offline PackerTraxx  
#21 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 10:22:36 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Not having the links on each page that go back to the forum one is on is a pain - or am I not seeing it.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:01:54 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I can't see the user names when they are in black and the background in green. These may be the same colors as the old site but I used the light version in order to see better. Colorblindness is a b****.

UserPostedImage

Offline Porforis  
#23 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:45:20 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

The site looks MUCH nicer since you set the background to green.

I was a member of GameFAQs' social forums for about 5 years, during that time they went through a lot of graphical changes. Everytime they did, everyone complained and threatened to leave but never did. Then they did the same thing when they changed the new graphics.

The point is, things like this just take a bit of adjustment as long as the changes aren't very radical.

I do kind of miss the shout but I'm guessing you got sick of people using it for drawn-out discussions and in lieu of actually posting a topic.

Aaand, I think that's all I got for now.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:13:14 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post

I was a member of GameFAQs' social forums for about 5 years, during that time they went through a lot of graphical changes. Everytime they did, everyone complained and threatened to leave but never did. Then they did the same thing when they changed the new graphics.

The point is, things like this just take a bit of adjustment as long as the changes aren't very radical.

I do kind of miss the shout but I'm guessing you got sick of people using it for drawn-out discussions and in lieu of actually posting a topic.

Thanks. There are a few things I'd like to tweak yet on the Dark theme. I just can't figure out what class it is. WPR mentioned the one thing that's really bugging me in his quote below.

If folks choose to leave, that's their choice. I can only do so much in so much time and if that's not good enough, I do understand their decision.

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I can't see the user names when they are in black and the background in green. These may be the same colors as the old site but I used the light version in order to see better. Colorblindness is a b****.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:17:22 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post

Go to Gate 16. It is right below the line "logged in as" and above "Forum" There is a "-" sign that opens up.

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 6/12/2011(UTC), Nonstopdrivel on 6/12/2011(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:55:14 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post

I think I finally fixed this on the Dark theme.

Edit, nope, it fixed the Dark, but then made it harder on the Light theme.

Edit, okay, now I got it.

Edited by user Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:35:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
wpr on 6/12/2011(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 2:54:43 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

thanks.

UserPostedImage

Offline flep  
#28 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:18:23 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 60

Haven't logged on for a while.

Love that we've got our green back.

Just one small minor gripe.

When you hover your mouse over the white title of the thread it changes to a pretty sickly pink / damn purple colour (proper spelling of colour note).Is there anyway this can be changed to yellow or is this just because of the default skin setting?

No purple on a green and gold site.

Don't let vikes or formo see this lol!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:32:22 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

History would beg to differ, my friend. Color was the original spelling. The u was added later as a British affectation. There were solid historical and linguistic reasons why Noah Webster insisted on spelling the word as he did.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:12:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Thanks for the feedback.
Originally Posted by: flep Go to Quoted Post
When you hover your mouse over the white title of the thread it changes to a pretty sickly pink / damn purple colour (proper spelling of colour note).Is there anyway this can be changed to yellow or is this just because of the default skin setting?

I've checked and I can't find what you're referring to. I did throw a lot of random non Packer colors (please note the non queer spelling of color :P ) in to help distinguish this color from that color. Specifically for cases like this. ;)
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed