Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 11:18:45 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,914
Applause Received: 2,118

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
Even if those explanations made sense, it still wouldn't explain why it goes down for 8, 10, or even 12 hours. How long can it possibly take for the software to upgrade itself?

I hear you man, I have no damn eff'n clue.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#17 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 11:31:12 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

And there is no way to turn off auto-updates? That is truly strange. It is really easy to do in phpBB.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 12:00:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

And there is no way to turn off auto-updates? That is truly strange. It is really easy to do in phpBB.

I'm not really sure how many times I have to tell you this, but the old software and this current software are not phpBB, so let's drop the comparisons as they are not relevant. ;)

There has to be some way to turn it off. I'm simply failing miserably at figuring it out! That's what has me so ticked. I just can not fathom a website software that's used widely with business could randomly go into "update" mode. I'd suspect many customers/clients would be extremely pissed. Thus, I feel there is a way, I'm just not figuring it out fast enough.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#19 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 12:51:10 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I don't know where you got the idea that I thought it is phpBB. If it were, the comparison would have made much sense, would it. Whistle My point is that phpBB, for all its limitations, makes a lot of things really easy that seem to be more difficult in other packages.

And yes, that thought has occurred to me repeatedly: If this were a commercial business, customers would go away. There have been a number of posts I didn't make because of the downtime.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 1:12:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I don't know where you got the idea that I thought it is phpBB. If it were, the comparison would have made much sense, would it. Whistle My point is that phpBB, for all its limitations, makes a lot of things really easy that seem to be more difficult in other packages.

And yes, that thought has occurred to me repeatedly: If this were a commercial business, customers would go away. There have been a number of posts I didn't make because of the downtime.

I've never said you thought this software, nor the last, were phpBB. I am tired of the comparisons attempted to be drawn between them.

I could name off dozens of software that do not randomly go into Under frickin Construction mode, or do this, or have that, or whatever else. I don't see how naming them helps at all, SINCE this software is NOT one of them.

"Well its easy to turn off in phpBB" has no relevance in this discussion since PH.com will never convert to phpBB (which is forum only, with a select few interactive add-ons) and is not phpBB.

The problem with the site going under construction is mine, because I'm not able to figure out how get it to stop. The last thing I can check is the table that contains the version number and make sure it matches the DLL. If that doesn't work, I have no other options other than kidnapping one of the DNN developers and forcing them to make it stop.
UserPostedImage
Offline flep  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:04:44 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 60

I can take auto updates between March and August as long as they don't happen on GameDay!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:02:13 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,431

Originally Posted by: flep Go to Quoted Post
I can take auto updates between March and August as long as they don't happen on GameDay!!!

You win the prize for the best post. Thumbs up to you.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:05:52 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

my problem with the thumbs is I usually don't know what I did to get one both + & -. I have comments in a lot of boards as do others and I don't go running back to look at all of them to see which comments people like/dislike. Every once in a while I glace over at the running total and see it is changed. Once of the things I like about the "thanks" button is I can track down what got the thanks.
Not that it matters in the greater scheme of things.

UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:03:00 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Excellent point, wpr. I was actually just getting ready to write a post suggesting that a cool feature would be if people could leave a little rationale for why they gave a thumbs-up or thumbs-down. It would be interesting to go back and read these comments.. (Though Kevin would probably just say, "Write them in the thread! I am jus thinking such comments would unnecessarily clutter the threads.)
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:07:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: flep Go to Quoted Post

I agree, wouldn't that be a bitch if the subject of this thread, the under construction issue happened in the middle of a game? lol

Here's to hoping that the subject of this thread doesn't continue to be an issue!!

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:49:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

12:20pm, site maintenance.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#27 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 6:51:24 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I tried to access the forum last night and got the following message:

Quote:
WebsitePanel Error

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

Then when I tried to email you to inform you of it, I got the following message returned to me:

Quote:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

kevin@packershome.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Domain has been disabled. (state 14).

When I tried to go directly to packershome.com, it sent me to the Cpanel instead.

By the way, the current FavIcon for the site is Arvixe's own FavIcon.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 7:21:04 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I think SlickVision does it to tick Zero off. can't turn your back on that dude.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 7:28:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The CPanel thing is because I over looked the invoice for this month. I'm still month to month until I'm comfortable committing to 6 months or more. It was my fault, I got really busy this weekend and had planned on re-upping this morning. It just turned out this morning was too late. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:54:28 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
12:20pm, site maintenance.

Again today ... sure wish I had more time to figure this annoying ass thing out. Really pissing me off. I'm nervous checking the site every morning for this very reason.
UserPostedImage