Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:52:02 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Again today ... sure wish I had more time to figure this annoying ass thing out. Really pissing me off. I'm nervous checking the site every morning for this very reason.

Yeah it is frustrating not knowing when or how long it is going to be down. We will manage. Hope you can too.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline flep  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:55:18 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 60

I got seriously bored during my dinner hour at work because of this,,,,, damn internet thingy!!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline Pack93z  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:59:22 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Again today ... sure wish I had more time to figure this annoying ass thing out. Really pissing me off. I'm nervous checking the site every morning for this very reason.

Yes sir.. almost to the point that I am thinking about demanding my membership fees back in full and some special "benefits" ala Brees. lol.

<Later today, I will post a couple of vague tweets denying that I asked for anything whatsoever.. my representative maybe.. but not I.>

Seriously.. I can't believe that the software wouldn't have an out to disable that feature... design issue on their part.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:13:56 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post

Later today, I will post a couple of vague tweets denying that I asked for anything whatsoever.. my representative maybe.. but not I.

Think
I need more money if I am going to be your whipping boy/ fall guy on this issue.

[biggrin]

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:53:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Yeah it is frustrating not knowing when or how long it is going to be down. We will manage. Hope you can too.

I try to check the site before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, so it'll be back up 7am MST I would assume. Unless it's really brokeded.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:57:39 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Think
I need more money if I am going to be your whipping boy/ fall guy on this issue.

BigGrin

Yeah.. I didn't authorize anything directly.. I hesitate to even dignify such an response... I am in this for all of PackersHome as a whole. ;)

Think of the new terminology that the QB's of the NFL have given us..

Waffling on a decision is now a FAVRE

Plausible denial-ability is now a BREES

Wimping out at half time is now a CUTLER
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:03:34 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post

Yeah.. I didn't authorize anything directly.. I hesitate to even dignify such an response... I am in this for all of PackersHome as a whole. ;)

Think of the new terminology that the QB's of the NFL have given us..

Waffling on a decision is now a FAVRE

Plausible denial-ability is now a BREES

Wimping out at half time is now a CUTLER

One thing's for certain, Plausible denial-ability should can't be called Favre. [blink]

Back to the topic-
Does anyone else get 2 or 3 email notifications for the same thread? I know you said it would be taken care of in the next update. But that is as annoying as the system being down.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:12:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I'm waiting to do the update until both the main core DotNetNuke 6 has been tested thoroughly and I'm confident it'll be good. And also waiting for YetAnotherForum to release their update and test it thoroughly to reach a comfortable level.

They have a fix for the notifications, I'm just scared to try it. I turned them off for myself since I check the site so often they're not needed.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:18:54 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I'm waiting to do the update until both the main core DotNetNuke 6 has been tested thoroughly and I'm confident it'll be good. And also waiting for YetAnotherForum to release their update and test it thoroughly to reach a comfortable level.

They have a fix for the notifications, I'm just scared to try it. I turned them off for myself since I check the site so often they're not needed.

I know you were going to do the update. With all the times the site was down I was not sure if you have completed the update or not.

Turning off the notifications. I didn't think of that. d'oh!

UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#40 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 5:37:11 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

The site is acting very strange today.

Nonstopdrivel attached the following image(s):
freakywebsite.png (92kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 8:08:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The site wasn't under construction. I'm not understanding?
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#42 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 2:20:13 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I don't know what the problem was. But every few moments, another row of icons appeared.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#43 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 2:40:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
I don't know what the problem was. But every few moments, another row of icons appeared.

And your browser and operating system are? If it's Chrome ... you can quit posting issues, sorry, I have enough trouble getting it to work for FireFix and IE to worry about Chrome as well, lol.

BTW, this new software is still being learned by myself (and probably everyone) so the more organized we can be with issues the better. This particular issue I don't believe has anything to do with the Under Construction stupid ass "feature".

Speaking of Under Construction, I'm hoping with the upgrade, we won't be bothered by that anymore. Cross. Fingers.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#44 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 2:51:02 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Oops, I didn't realize this thread was strictly for the Under Construction splash page. Sorry about that.

By the way, the oddly multiplying header is still showing up, at least on the Post a reply page. It never happened before the upgrade to 6.0. How can they release a package with so many flagrant bugs?
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 2:58:46 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
Oops, I didn't realize this thread was strictly for the Under Construction splash page. Sorry about that.

By the way, the oddly multiplying header is still showing up, at least on the Post a reply page. It never happened before the upgrade to 6.0. How can they release a package with so many flagrant bugs?

You complain, yet don't answer my questions about browser and operating system. WOW HELPFUL!! Thanks

So many flagrant bugs? Like what?

The only one that I've seen mentioned that can be attributed to the upgrade is the attachment you posted and I'm not sure that wasn't browser created. I've been pounding the site hard with FireFox and IE9 with no issues at all.

The Chat wasn't part of the upgrade, it's just a weak ass chat module that hasn't had attention paid to it by its developer for quite some time.

The forums are a different software entirely that is plugged into the core and integrated the members.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed