Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 7:43:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,897
Applause Received: 2,094

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I think they will be a very big threat if Vick plays like he did last year. I say the Eagles then the Packers followed by the Cowgirls have to be the favs in the NFC.

Cool, I disagree, strongly. The Eagles didn't even win a playoff game. Much like the Packers the year prior to being called the 'favorite'. I didn't care for that then either. I feel the champion is the favorite until knocked off.

I think the Falcons and Eagles are the biggest threats to the Packers. In that order. Cowboys won't make the playoffs this season.

I believe both Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson are huge for their offense. Vick will not have a magical yaer like he did in '10. You heard it here first and you'll see exactly what I mean between weeks 6 and 14 this coming season.
UserPostedImage
Offline blueleopard  
#32 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 7:54:30 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

LOL. I wouldn't even put Dallas in the discussion. Call me crazy but I'd rank Detroit over Dallas.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:14:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
LOL. I wouldn't even put Dallas in the discussion. Call me crazy but I'd rank Detroit over Dallas.

Yeah, I'm not sure how he got Dallas in there.

I think the top four in the NFC are...

Packers
Falcons
Eagles
Saints

I know the Bears got to the NFC championship game, but I don't feel comfortable that they'll make the playoffs this season. I think it'll be Packers 1st then Lions 2nd in the NFC North.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#34 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:19:23 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 173
Applause Received: 379

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post

OK...i will.....YOU ARE CRAZY!!!
But besides that, i think you are right! I'm more afraid of Detroit too. They seemed so close last season, to a HUGE breakout. (It feels weird saying i fear Detroit)
As far as the Eagles, who can blame them? If they want to make a run, and feel this is their chance, that's what they need to do.

As i see it though, all these high paid guys will probably feel like they can slide now that they got the "big money".

Plus, we will be getting alot of our players back from injuries suffered last year, which i think will improve us even more.
It should be interesting to see how it plays out.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#35 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:26:10 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,048

The Eagles.. no team irritates me.. it is there job to build the best club they can in the best fashion they can. If they feel going out and signing some top notch free agents and go for broke.. so be it.

But a couple of things don't change.

1. They still have depth issues, especially at tackle, along the offensive line.
  2. They still have a QB that is talented as the day is long, but also takes a ton of chances with is body. That may leave Vince Young playing extended periods, depends on the Vince Young they get, plugged in or the recluse one.
  3. IMO, the Eagles are still going to be weak through the center of their defense.
  4. Many people talk about DeSean Jackson being this "elite" receiver.. if you look at his numbers he is all or nothing player that is a liability over the middle of the field. IMO, Maclin is the better receiver, but I think they lack depth, quality depth, past those two.

My point.. is all teams will have flaws, we have flaws on our team.. and that isn't going to change with a couple of free agents. The Packers job is to find the flaws, expose them and then manipulate them to our advantage.

Edited by user Monday, August 1, 2011 9:12:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/1/2011(UTC)
Offline Greg C.  
#36 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:55:26 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

It's pretty impressive for the Eagles to bring in three top-notch defensive players within a couple days of each other. Maybe this could take their defense to the next level. I don't buy the argument that there will be ego problems, because I haven't known any of these players to be ego guys. The defensive coaching issue may be a concern, though. I think these bold moves by the Eagles will make this a more exciting season for the entire NFC. I'm already looking forward to the season even more than I was before, to see how this plays out. The Falcons and Saints made big trades in the first round of the draft, and that will make things more interesting as well.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 9:08:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

When I mentioned ego's, I never once said any of the players were 'ego' guys. That's taking what I said far out of context.
UserPostedImage
Online GoPack1984  
#38 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 2:09:51 PM(UTC)
GoPack1984

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2011

Applause Given2: 45
Applause Received: 10

I see the Bucs being a threat in the NFC. They might be better than the Falcons. I've seen a lot of preliminary "rankings" of the top 5 or 10 teams in the NFL, and the number of people who include the Cowboys is ridiculous. They need new CBs in a bad way. I see the Lions potentially being good, maybe better than the Bears.

Top 5 in NFC
Packers
Eagles
Buccaneers
Falcons
Saints
blank
Offline Greg C.  
#39 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 2:31:39 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
When I mentioned ego's, I never once said any of the players were 'ego' guys. That's taking what I said far out of context.

So who were you referring to when you mentioned "all of these egos on the Eagles roster"?
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 2:55:10 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The Buccaneers, very true, they are a threat as well. I'm liking Josh Freeman, seems like a good QB.

Originally Posted by: Greg C. Go to Quoted Post
So who were you referring to when you mentioned "all of these egos on the Eagles roster"?

I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to the new acquisitions. I never said any of them were ego guys, but there's no denying they have ego's as do most players in any professional sport. It's how they mesh together under their new defensive coordinator who spent a dozen or so years as an offensive line coach that will play key to their success.

I've already outlined this "theory" of mine in an earlier post and am too lazy to find it in this thread, lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#41 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 3:04:26 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
The Buccaneers, very true, they are a threat as well. I'm liking Josh Freeman, seems like a good QB.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to the new acquisitions. I never said any of them were ego guys, but there's no denying they have ego's as do most players in any professional sport. It's how they mesh together under their new defensive coordinator who spent a dozen or so years as an offensive line coach that will play key to their success.

I've already outlined this "theory" of mine in an earlier post and am too lazy to find it in this thread, lol.

Okay. I wasn't really trying to refute what you said anyway. I just said that the fact that they are not ego guys leads me to think that this won't be a big issue.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 3:19:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Greg C. Go to Quoted Post
Okay. I wasn't really trying to refute what you said anyway. I just said that the fact that they are not ego guys leads me to think that this won't be a big issue.

Yeah, I'm not saying they have Moss and Owens type egos and need to get them on the same page or nothing. I just don't think everything will come together the first season as well as some (I feel) are projecting.

I think the biggest problem they will have is getting those players to buy into their new defensive coordinators scheme, even more so because he comes from being an offensive line coach. Then again, Andy Reid was a position coach then head coach and he got his guys to buy into him.

I suppose I just don't feel its as cut an dry as it seems some make it out to be. Such as, oh they got this guy, that guy, SUPER BOWL FAVORITES!!

UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 3:41:06 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: GoPack1984 Go to Quoted Post
I see the Bucs being a threat in the NFC. They might be better than the Falcons. I've seen a lot of preliminary "rankings" of the top 5 or 10 teams in the NFL, and the number of people who include the Cowboys is ridiculous. They need new CBs in a bad way. I see the Lions potentially being good, maybe better than the Bears.

Top 5 in NFC
Packers
Eagles
Buccaneers
Falcons
Saints

I could be wrong and the Bucs might threaten next year but I doubt they will. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record last year until week 17 when the Saints sat their starters in the 4th quarter of a tight (and meaningless, for them) game. 6 of their wins came against the NFC West and the Carolina Panthers. It's hard for any team to play as poorly as the Panthers did last year and the Bucs won't get the benefit of playing the NFC West again this season. They could improve as a team and finish 8-8 or 9-7 considering their schedule will likely be more difficult this year. I like the direction they're headed but they are still a ways off until they show they can beat the big boys.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/1/2011(UTC)
Online dhazer  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:02:33 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

I understand what Zero is saying but he is forgetting that if you have 3 shut down corners that takes alot of pressure off your d-line and lbs to get pressure on the qb. We showed that last year with our corners locking down wrs long enough for us to get sacks. Also its not like the new defensive coordinator won't know whats going on, he sat in the same practices and played against the old defense alot. The main factor for the Eagles will be Vick and as a lot of the experts are saying Vick won't make the full 16 games as history has shown, if he gets seriously injured I think the Eagles will limp into the playoffs on their defense alone.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:08:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I understand what Zero is saying but he is forgetting that if you have 3 shut down corners that takes alot of pressure off your d-line and lbs to get pressure on the qb. We showed that last year with our corners locking down wrs long enough for us to get sacks. Also its not like the new defensive coordinator won't know whats going on, he sat in the same practices and played against the old defense alot. The main factor for the Eagles will be Vick and as a lot of the experts are saying Vick won't make the full 16 games as history has shown, if he gets seriously injured I think the Eagles will limp into the playoffs on their defense alone.

You slurping that hype ding ding too huh? You're forgetting they do not have three shut down corners.

UserPostedImage