Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 7:43:15 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,325
Applause Received: 3,594
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
I think they will be a very big threat if Vick plays like he did last year. I say the Eagles then the Packers followed by the Cowgirls have to be the favs in the NFC.

Cool, I disagree, strongly. The Eagles didn't even win a playoff game. Much like the Packers the year prior to being called the 'favorite'. I didn't care for that then either. I feel the champion is the favorite until knocked off.

I think the Falcons and Eagles are the biggest threats to the Packers. In that order. Cowboys won't make the playoffs this season.

I believe both Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson are huge for their offense. Vick will not have a magical yaer like he did in '10. You heard it here first and you'll see exactly what I mean between weeks 6 and 14 this coming season.
Offline blueleopard  
#32 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 7:54:30 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 145
LOL. I wouldn't even put Dallas in the discussion. Call me crazy but I'd rank Detroit over Dallas.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:14:25 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
blueleopard said: Go to Quoted Post
LOL. I wouldn't even put Dallas in the discussion. Call me crazy but I'd rank Detroit over Dallas.

Yeah, I'm not sure how he got Dallas in there.

I think the top four in the NFC are...

Packers
Falcons
Eagles
Saints

I know the Bears got to the NFC championship game, but I don't feel comfortable that they'll make the playoffs this season. I think it'll be Packers 1st then Lions 2nd in the NFC North.

Offline Cheesey  
#34 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:19:23 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 693
Applause Received: 788
blueleopard said: Go to Quoted Post

OK...i will.....YOU ARE CRAZY!!!
But besides that, i think you are right! I'm more afraid of Detroit too. They seemed so close last season, to a HUGE breakout. (It feels weird saying i fear Detroit)
As far as the Eagles, who can blame them? If they want to make a run, and feel this is their chance, that's what they need to do.

As i see it though, all these high paid guys will probably feel like they can slide now that they got the "big money".

Plus, we will be getting alot of our players back from injuries suffered last year, which i think will improve us even more.
It should be interesting to see how it plays out.
Offline Pack93z  
#35 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:26:10 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Applause Given: 435
Applause Received: 1,202
The Eagles.. no team irritates me.. it is there job to build the best club they can in the best fashion they can. If they feel going out and signing some top notch free agents and go for broke.. so be it.

But a couple of things don't change.

1. They still have depth issues, especially at tackle, along the offensive line.
  2. They still have a QB that is talented as the day is long, but also takes a ton of chances with is body. That may leave Vince Young playing extended periods, depends on the Vince Young they get, plugged in or the recluse one.
  3. IMO, the Eagles are still going to be weak through the center of their defense.
  4. Many people talk about DeSean Jackson being this "elite" receiver.. if you look at his numbers he is all or nothing player that is a liability over the middle of the field. IMO, Maclin is the better receiver, but I think they lack depth, quality depth, past those two.

My point.. is all teams will have flaws, we have flaws on our team.. and that isn't going to change with a couple of free agents. The Packers job is to find the flaws, expose them and then manipulate them to our advantage.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/1/2011(UTC)
Offline Greg C.  
#36 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:55:26 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48
It's pretty impressive for the Eagles to bring in three top-notch defensive players within a couple days of each other. Maybe this could take their defense to the next level. I don't buy the argument that there will be ego problems, because I haven't known any of these players to be ego guys. The defensive coaching issue may be a concern, though. I think these bold moves by the Eagles will make this a more exciting season for the entire NFC. I'm already looking forward to the season even more than I was before, to see how this plays out. The Falcons and Saints made big trades in the first round of the draft, and that will make things more interesting as well.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 9:08:58 AM(UTC)

United States
When I mentioned ego's, I never once said any of the players were 'ego' guys. That's taking what I said far out of context.
Offline GoPack1984  
#38 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 2:09:51 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2011

Applause Given2: 54
Applause Received: 11
I see the Bucs being a threat in the NFC. They might be better than the Falcons. I've seen a lot of preliminary "rankings" of the top 5 or 10 teams in the NFL, and the number of people who include the Cowboys is ridiculous. They need new CBs in a bad way. I see the Lions potentially being good, maybe better than the Bears.

Top 5 in NFC
Packers
Eagles
Buccaneers
Falcons
Saints
Offline Greg C.  
#39 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 2:31:39 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
When I mentioned ego's, I never once said any of the players were 'ego' guys. That's taking what I said far out of context.

So who were you referring to when you mentioned "all of these egos on the Eagles roster"?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 2:55:10 PM(UTC)

United States
The Buccaneers, very true, they are a threat as well. I'm liking Josh Freeman, seems like a good QB.

Greg C. said: Go to Quoted Post
So who were you referring to when you mentioned "all of these egos on the Eagles roster"?

I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to the new acquisitions. I never said any of them were ego guys, but there's no denying they have ego's as do most players in any professional sport. It's how they mesh together under their new defensive coordinator who spent a dozen or so years as an offensive line coach that will play key to their success.

I've already outlined this "theory" of mine in an earlier post and am too lazy to find it in this thread, lol.
Rss Feed