Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg C.  
#41 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 3:04:26 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
The Buccaneers, very true, they are a threat as well. I'm liking Josh Freeman, seems like a good QB.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to the new acquisitions. I never said any of them were ego guys, but there's no denying they have ego's as do most players in any professional sport. It's how they mesh together under their new defensive coordinator who spent a dozen or so years as an offensive line coach that will play key to their success.

I've already outlined this "theory" of mine in an earlier post and am too lazy to find it in this thread, lol.

Okay. I wasn't really trying to refute what you said anyway. I just said that the fact that they are not ego guys leads me to think that this won't be a big issue.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 3:19:26 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,348
Applause Received: 3,636
Greg C. said: Go to Quoted Post
Okay. I wasn't really trying to refute what you said anyway. I just said that the fact that they are not ego guys leads me to think that this won't be a big issue.

Yeah, I'm not saying they have Moss and Owens type egos and need to get them on the same page or nothing. I just don't think everything will come together the first season as well as some (I feel) are projecting.

I think the biggest problem they will have is getting those players to buy into their new defensive coordinators scheme, even more so because he comes from being an offensive line coach. Then again, Andy Reid was a position coach then head coach and he got his guys to buy into him.

I suppose I just don't feel its as cut an dry as it seems some make it out to be. Such as, oh they got this guy, that guy, SUPER BOWL FAVORITES!!

Offline mi_keys  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 3:41:06 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 306
Applause Received: 523
GoPack1984 said: Go to Quoted Post
I see the Bucs being a threat in the NFC. They might be better than the Falcons. I've seen a lot of preliminary "rankings" of the top 5 or 10 teams in the NFL, and the number of people who include the Cowboys is ridiculous. They need new CBs in a bad way. I see the Lions potentially being good, maybe better than the Bears.

Top 5 in NFC
Packers
Eagles
Buccaneers
Falcons
Saints

I could be wrong and the Bucs might threaten next year but I doubt they will. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record last year until week 17 when the Saints sat their starters in the 4th quarter of a tight (and meaningless, for them) game. 6 of their wins came against the NFC West and the Carolina Panthers. It's hard for any team to play as poorly as the Panthers did last year and the Bucs won't get the benefit of playing the NFC West again this season. They could improve as a team and finish 8-8 or 9-7 considering their schedule will likely be more difficult this year. I like the direction they're headed but they are still a ways off until they show they can beat the big boys.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/1/2011(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:02:33 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2016Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 330
I understand what Zero is saying but he is forgetting that if you have 3 shut down corners that takes alot of pressure off your d-line and lbs to get pressure on the qb. We showed that last year with our corners locking down wrs long enough for us to get sacks. Also its not like the new defensive coordinator won't know whats going on, he sat in the same practices and played against the old defense alot. The main factor for the Eagles will be Vick and as a lot of the experts are saying Vick won't make the full 16 games as history has shown, if he gets seriously injured I think the Eagles will limp into the playoffs on their defense alone.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:08:57 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
I understand what Zero is saying but he is forgetting that if you have 3 shut down corners that takes alot of pressure off your d-line and lbs to get pressure on the qb. We showed that last year with our corners locking down wrs long enough for us to get sacks. Also its not like the new defensive coordinator won't know whats going on, he sat in the same practices and played against the old defense alot. The main factor for the Eagles will be Vick and as a lot of the experts are saying Vick won't make the full 16 games as history has shown, if he gets seriously injured I think the Eagles will limp into the playoffs on their defense alone.

You slurping that hype ding ding too huh? You're forgetting they do not have three shut down corners.

Offline Packers_Finland  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:38:05 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post

DRC is not a shutdown corner, and neither is Samuel. DRC is a solid, but not spectacular player, Samuel is a ballhawk who gives up more plays than he should. Asomugha is their only true shutdown corner.

Also, run the ball. With the Eagles linebackers looking like they do, that shouldn't be too hard.
Zero2Cool on 8/2/2011(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:12:17 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 3,235
Applause Received: 885
I've already said it, but the Packers are still the team to beat in the NFC, and every analyst on NFL Network agrees with me so far. Sure, that may change due to injuries, etc., but that's always the case. Samuel will likely be traded which will definitely give our secondary the edge, if not even with him. We have the better QB and the better offense (defenses will continue to slow Vick down). Our defenses might be close and could go either way, but I believe ours will be every bit as good or better. Vick and the Eagles will be explosive, but we will be much more consistent, especially in the playoffs when Rodgers turns into a Hall of Fame QB somehow.

I'm not minimizing the significance of their moves. They should definitely win the division and be a force. The Packers are still better, however, and I think that will become apparent by the end of the regular season.

Offline DoddPower  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:14:14 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 3,235
Applause Received: 885
Packers_Finland said: Go to Quoted Post
DRC is not a shutdown corner, and neither is Samuel. DRC is a solid, but not spectacular player, Samuel is a ballhawk who gives up more plays than he should. Asomugha is their only true shutdown corner.

Also, run the ball. With the Eagles linebackers looking like they do, that shouldn't be too hard.

I agree that DRC is not an elite CB. However, someone made a pretty good point that he should be close while covering the #2 WR on MOST teams. Of course with our depth on offense, it won't really matter, but he should be able to give several teams #2 WR a good bit of trouble.
Offline Since69  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:43:49 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83
OH NOES! The Iggles got DRC and Jason Babin and Cullen Jenkins and the dude from Oakland with the funny name!

UserPostedImage
Game over, man! Game over!

Two words: Miami. Heat.
Zero2Cool on 8/2/2011(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:57:53 AM(UTC)

United States
Asante Samuel said:
I want to be where I’m wanted, If they’re tired of my big playmaking ability, they can ship me out.

I think the Eagles move Asante in the next couple weeks, maybe later if they wait for a team to lose a starting CB so they can get more?

My impression of Samuel is he's a high risk high reward CB.
Rss Feed