Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packers_Finland  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:38:05 AM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 44

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I understand what Zero is saying but he is forgetting that if you have 3 shut down corners that takes alot of pressure off your d-line and lbs to get pressure on the qb. We showed that last year with our corners locking down wrs long enough for us to get sacks. Also its not like the new defensive coordinator won't know whats going on, he sat in the same practices and played against the old defense alot. The main factor for the Eagles will be Vick and as a lot of the experts are saying Vick won't make the full 16 games as history has shown, if he gets seriously injured I think the Eagles will limp into the playoffs on their defense alone.

DRC is not a shutdown corner, and neither is Samuel. DRC is a solid, but not spectacular player, Samuel is a ballhawk who gives up more plays than he should. Asomugha is their only true shutdown corner.

Also, run the ball. With the Eagles linebackers looking like they do, that shouldn't be too hard.
This is a placeholder
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/2/2011(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:12:17 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,765
Applause Received: 417

I've already said it, but the Packers are still the team to beat in the NFC, and every analyst on NFL Network agrees with me so far. Sure, that may change due to injuries, etc., but that's always the case. Samuel will likely be traded which will definitely give our secondary the edge, if not even with him. We have the better QB and the better offense (defenses will continue to slow Vick down). Our defenses might be close and could go either way, but I believe ours will be every bit as good or better. Vick and the Eagles will be explosive, but we will be much more consistent, especially in the playoffs when Rodgers turns into a Hall of Fame QB somehow.

I'm not minimizing the significance of their moves. They should definitely win the division and be a force. The Packers are still better, however, and I think that will become apparent by the end of the regular season.

Offline DoddPower  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:14:14 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland Go to Quoted Post
DRC is not a shutdown corner, and neither is Samuel. DRC is a solid, but not spectacular player, Samuel is a ballhawk who gives up more plays than he should. Asomugha is their only true shutdown corner.

Also, run the ball. With the Eagles linebackers looking like they do, that shouldn't be too hard.

I agree that DRC is not an elite CB. However, someone made a pretty good point that he should be close while covering the #2 WR on MOST teams. Of course with our depth on offense, it won't really matter, but he should be able to give several teams #2 WR a good bit of trouble.
Offline Since69  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:43:49 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

OH NOES! The Iggles got DRC and Jason Babin and Cullen Jenkins and the dude from Oakland with the funny name!

UserPostedImage
Game over, man! Game over!

Two words: Miami. Heat.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 8/2/2011(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:57:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,835
Applause Received: 1,991

Asante Samuel wrote:
I want to be where I’m wanted, If they’re tired of my big playmaking ability, they can ship me out.

I think the Eagles move Asante in the next couple weeks, maybe later if they wait for a team to lose a starting CB so they can get more?

My impression of Samuel is he's a high risk high reward CB.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline DakotaT  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:19:15 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

My impression of Samuel is he's a high risk high reward CB.

My impression is that he's a pussy and tackles like a woman. Basically he's a cover 2 corner making shut down corner money. I hope they can't find a trade partner.
UserPostedImage
Since69 on 8/2/2011(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:48:24 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

I feel about Asante Samuel about the way I do about Darren Sharper. He has a few more flashier interceptions, and is out of position more and tackles worse than most DBs.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline DoddPower  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:09:15 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post
Two words: Miami. Heat.

But that would mean they at least made it to the Super Bowl. I hope that's not the case! lol.
Offline macbob  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:16:47 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 257
Applause Received: 226

Why? Maybe I'm over confident

You're overconfident.

21-16. Last minute interception required to seal the win when the Eagles were driving.

Since then, they've added:

Nnamdi Asomugha, Pro-bowl CB
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Pro-bowl CB to go with Asante Samuel, Pro-bowl CB

Jason Babin, Pro-bowl DE, 12.5 sacks
Cullen Jenkins, DT
Vince Young, QB
Ronnie Brown, RB

Getting these guys to jell as a team with the short prep time may be an issue, but that remains to be seen.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:53:48 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 366

We don't know. It's all specualtive bullshit.

Eagles look vastly improved on paper.

Pack looks awesome on paper.

They were one very-fine-line interception from going past us.

Last year is looking more and more irrelevant, to me. We have to "hold serve" in week one, then we can

re-evaluate. Beat the Saints to set us up again, imo.

+
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 6:16:29 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
You're overconfident.

21-16. Last minute interception required to seal the win when the Eagles were driving.

Since then, they've added:

Nnamdi Asomugha, Pro-bowl CB
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Pro-bowl CB to go with Asante Samuel, Pro-bowl CB

Jason Babin, Pro-bowl DE, 12.5 sacks
Cullen Jenkins, DT
Vince Young, QB
Ronnie Brown, RB

Getting these guys to jell as a team with the short prep time may be an issue, but that remains to be seen.

The fact you didn't mention anything about whom the Packers picked up or are getting back says volumes. I guess I'm not into paper champs, I'm into teams who actually win, even if it's sealed by a 4th quarter interception. Why? Because a win is what matters, not what looks good on paper or who has the most popular bowl players, oops, I mean pro bowl players.

I don't question the talent the Eagles have, I just know that quite a few are over hyping them quite a bit.

I do agree that last year is last year, but if you say that, you shouldn't talk about pro bowl's because that was years past as well. :)

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#57 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 7:23:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

After landing Nnamdi Asomugha I was thinking they'll have a solid secondary if they don't trade one of the other two CB's. Then they got Vince Young and I started thinking of the Miami Heat because with Vince Young, if Vick goes down, they won't have to change their offensive flow too much to fit Young's style.

Now they have Cullen Jenkins and I'm not as worried as I probably should be. When you add this many pieces, it takes time for them to gel. We've seen this same type of thing happen with other teams and they rarely meet expectations.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles go 9 - 7 or 10 - 6 and are one and done, again in 2011.

Apparently, I may have given the Eagles a win or two too many in my prediction.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel on 11/15/2011(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#58 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:32:10 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Stick a fork in the "Dream team". They are DONE.
All that money spent, and they will be "Home for the playoffs".
UserPostedImage
Offline JustinAVA182  
#59 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:13:14 AM(UTC)
JustinAVA182

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 29

Quote:
Two years after a heady binge in free agency backfired on the Philadelphia Eagles, the Eagles' decision-makers are determined to learn from their mistakes.
Quote:
"I think it's a different situation than coming off a 4-12 season," Roseman said. "For us, we're always going to try to be smart and be aggressive. But at the same token, to not learn from that and how important it is to build a team and to build the right environment ... I think that's key going forward."
This was on the 6th ...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0...t&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:

The Sacramento Bee reports the Eagles are interested in free agent DL Ricky Jean-Francois.
Jean-Francois has had one of the hotter markets since the season ended. He's been connected to upwards of six teams. A bit player in San Francisco for the past four seasons, Jean-Francois has been a fine run defender and can fit in any defense. He would likely play defensive end in Philly.

Quote:

The Philadelphia Inquirer passes along a rumor that Eagles GM Howie Roseman is "crunching numbers" and "putting together an offer" to acquire Darrelle Revis.
It would make plenty of sense. The Eagles are sickly thin at the cornerback position with the impending and inevitable departures of Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and they have a boat load of cap space in order to meet Revis' salary demands. Beat writer Jeff McLane speculates Philly could package the No. 35 overall pick with a future pick to entice the Jets. New York is reportedly "determined" to trade Revis prior the the draft.
This today lol... http://www.rotoworld.com.../nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

http://www.rotoworld.com...5122/ricky-jean-francois

SI's Peter King expects the Eagles to show interest in free agent Danny Amendola.
King notes that new coach Chip Kelly wants players who can "play fast and smart," and Amendola fits the bill when healthy. Philadelphia could save cap space by releasing incumbent slot receiver Jason Avant, and make a big upgrade by replacing him with Amendola. Expect Amendola to command $6 million a year. oh this too lol.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 3/10/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed