Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:20:40 AM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 3,482
Great posts guys.

I did see what I wanted to today out of Aaron Rodgers. (not that it matters) He made much better decisions I thought. Good ball placement and his backups really make him look like a stud!
Offline porky88  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:30:32 AM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 505
" said: Go to Quoted Post
They are going to need to bring in a veteran QB though. Neither Flynn nor Brohm look like they're close to being ready to play. The defensive backs are awful and that includes Al Harris. Of course it would help if the defensive line could play at all, but our corners are awful I liked the way Aaron played tonight


It is pre season so the positives and negatives right now will soon be forgotten and rightfully so but....

I think calling Al Harris awful in pre season is a huge stretch. He's one of the best man to man coverage guys in the game today. I recall one long play where he got beat by Brandon Marshall. It's not like Harris isn't going to give up any plays this season. Same goes for Woodson. I'll take Al Harris over any other corner in the division not named Charles Woodson.

Now depth is a bit of a concern but Tramon Williams played well outside of when he was covering Brandon Marshall. Brandon Marshall is the best receiver in that division in my opinion. You would expect Marshall to beat Williams one on one all day long. So when Williams played that #3 receiver. He did well. When he played the #1, he struggled. That's about what I would expect.

I think the biggest concern is the defensive line. I agree with that. No pass rush at all this pre season. I have confidence in Kampman but he can't do everything. Denver also ran all over the Packers. Over 90 yards rushing in the 1st half. You can't have that.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:28:10 AM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio
Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 708
Porky,
if you haven't figured it out yet, Al Harris is going to be this years whooping boy on this forum
His every move will be scrutinized, and when he doesn't play perfect he will be buried by the ones here that need to put the blame on someone.

Al is a veteran, he has been through numurous pre-season's, a veteran like Al Harris will be ready come Monday night Sept. 8th.

Good to see Aaron Rodgers bounce back last night. He looked solid.

Next weeks game will be for the guys trying to make the team, so expect most of the veterans to get thenight off, hopefully some of the young guys will take advantage of this opportunity and impress the coaches.
Offline GreenBlood  
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:24:26 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/17/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Well.... I did not see it. However.

I just ran his numbers through my NFL QB Rating Web site.

Q.B. Rating for the first half in the Denver Game for this 24 year old kid....

123.24

A NFL QB Rating of 123.24


This is great, but for the love of God, WHY THE HELL do people insist on calling him by a thug nickname like "A-Rod?" That nickname is already used TWICE in sports by Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick. Is there no originality anymore? Is "Aaron Rodgers" or "Rodgers" that hard to spell? The whole "First initial, first syllable of last name nickname" thing is stupid anyway as it comes straight out of gang sub-culture.

How about from now on we go with B-Favre, D-Don, G-Jen, N-Barn, and B-Pop?
Offline Greg C.  
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:45:21 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)
Location: Marquette, Michigan
Applause Received: 48
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This is great, but for the love of God, WHY THE HELL do people insist on calling him by a thug nickname like "A-Rod?" That nickname is already used TWICE in sports by Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick. Is there no originality anymore? Is "Aaron Rodgers" or "Rodgers" that hard to spell? The whole "First initial, first syllable of last name nickname" thing is stupid anyway as it comes straight out of gang sub-culture.

How about from now on we go with B-Favre, D-Don, G-Jen, N-Barn, and B-Pop?


Good point, G-Blood. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sorry, I couldn't resist....
Offline bozz_2006  
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:48:24 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 7/15/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Well.... I did not see it. However.

I just ran his numbers through my NFL QB Rating Web site.

Q.B. Rating for the first half in the Denver Game for this 24 year old kid....

123.24

A NFL QB Rating of 123.24


This is great, but for the love of God, WHY THE HELL do people insist on calling him by a thug nickname like "A-Rod?" That nickname is already used TWICE in sports by Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick. Is there no originality anymore? Is "Aaron Rodgers" or "Rodgers" that hard to spell? The whole "First initial, first syllable of last name nickname" thing is stupid anyway as it comes straight out of gang sub-culture.

How about from now on we go with B-Favre, D-Don, G-Jen, N-Barn, and B-Pop?


Didn't you know this website is a message board for the Bloods who happen to be Packer fans? We might have a problem here, GREEN Blood.

B-ozz, out.
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:51:07 AM(UTC)
Rank: Honored Member

United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 616
Applause Received: 741
(Good one Greg!!!!) :thumbright:
Anyway......i saw the 1st through 3rd quarters.
Rodgers looked great. I can't wait till we have Grant in there with him. B-Jack (sorry......couldn't resist!) had his moments. He looks VERY powerful. The yards he made seemed to be mostly on his own.
But our D? They looked BAD! (Sorry R.P.!) Of course it IS preseason, so i'm not too worried....yet.
Offline Packedhouse01  
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:49:25 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
They are going to need to bring in a veteran QB though. Neither Flynn nor Brohm look like they're close to being ready to play. The defensive backs are awful and that includes Al Harris. Of course it would help if the defensive line could play at all, but our corners are awful I liked the way Aaron played tonight


It is pre season so the positives and negatives right now will soon be forgotten and rightfully so but....

I think calling Al Harris awful in pre season is a huge stretch. He's one of the best man to man coverage guys in the game today. I recall one long play where he got beat by Brandon Marshall. It's not like Harris isn't going to give up any plays this season. Same goes for Woodson. I'll take Al Harris over any other corner in the division not named Charles Woodson.

Now depth is a bit of a concern but Tramon Williams played well outside of when he was covering Brandon Marshall. Brandon Marshall is the best receiver in that division in my opinion. You would expect Marshall to beat Williams one on one all day long. So when Williams played that #3 receiver. He did well. When he played the #1, he struggled. That's about what I would expect.

I think the biggest concern is the defensive line. I agree with that. No pass rush at all this pre season. I have confidence in Kampman but he can't do everything. Denver also ran all over the Packers. Over 90 yards rushing in the 1st half. You can't have that.


Ok, let me explain. I liked Rogers last night. He played quicker, actually looked off some receivers, ran the offense well and I thought if he can play like that we'll be fine. His backups are young and inexperienced. I didn't say they didn't have talent. I said they're not ready for prime time. That too was very clear.

As for Al Harris, man he was no where to be found in coverage last night. Maybe he's just trying to stay away from injury, but he wasn't close to anyone who caught a ball last night. After his last game vs. the Giants I worry whether he hasn't suddenly fallen off that great list. I felt the same way about Blackman and Bush. You cannot play five yards off a receiver and expect to make a play. Those three played a significant role in not being able to get off the field in 3rd and long situations.

They simply have to get some of those injured players well and back playing. Our defensive line looks awful. Denver ran through us like we weren't even there. j

Again, I'm only saying what I saw. But remember this was a team that was 13-3 and they don't resemble anything like that. Other than the QB's we're not talking rookies, we're talking veterans who are having a bad camp. I trust Mike will fix that, but I am simply concerned.
Offline Packedhouse01  
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:51:22 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Well.... I did not see it. However.

I just ran his numbers through my NFL QB Rating Web site.

Q.B. Rating for the first half in the Denver Game for this 24 year old kid....

123.24

A NFL QB Rating of 123.24


This is great, but for the love of God, WHY THE HELL do people insist on calling him by a thug nickname like "A-Rod?" That nickname is already used TWICE in sports by Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick. Is there no originality anymore? Is "Aaron Rodgers" or "Rodgers" that hard to spell? The whole "First initial, first syllable of last name nickname" thing is stupid anyway as it comes straight out of gang sub-culture.

How about from now on we go with B-Favre, D-Don, G-Jen, N-Barn, and B-Pop?


How about we call him "Roy" and when he makes a good throw we can say he pulled the "Trigger"?

Didn't you know this website is a message board for the Bloods who happen to be Packer fans? We might have a problem here, GREEN Blood.

B-ozz, out.
Offline bozz_2006  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 11:31:46 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 7/15/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14
How about, we call him "Mustache Malone", and when he's playing well, we say, "Man! Mustache Malone is really greasing it up tonight!"
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May): Packers annual shareholders meeting will be held on July 21 at 11 a.m.
Zero2Cool (2-May): Packers decline option on former first-round pick Datone Jones
Zero2Cool (2-May): For the public
Zero2Cool (2-May): OTA practices: May 24, June 2 and June 6
Smokey (1-May): Pecan Waffles !
gbguy20 (30-Apr): i like waffles
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr): mmm Waffles
IronMan (30-Apr): seriously. Waffle House
IronMan (30-Apr): Waffle House!
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): In unrelated news, a six figure sum was wired to Dr James Andrews bank account in the Cayman Islands
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.
wpr (29-Apr): 64321 is still available
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): thanks wpr, now i have to change it :(
wpr (29-Apr): Right. Mucky is 12346. Big difference.
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): because i'm smarter than he is ;)
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): 12345 didn't fare well for Tunsil, what makes you think it will for you?
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): I don't want to reset my password
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): First round is over. Reset your passwords.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Thompson on Clark: We thought he was the best player available.
IronMan (28-Apr): Brady won his appeal. no suspension.
Yerko (28-Apr): Happy Draft Day everyone!
Pack93z (28-Apr): Buckeye players that is... speaking of that, anyone see Buckeye around?
Pack93z (28-Apr): You certainly can have enough Buckeyes.... and 1 is probably too many. lol.
Zero2Cool (27-Apr): draft chat party tomorrow boys/girls welcome come all
wpr (27-Apr): Hawk is a FA
IronMan (27-Apr): AJ Hawk is still in the NFL?
FLORIDA PACKER88 (27-Apr): You can Never have Enough Buckeyes! Lets sign Lil animal Laurinitis and Hawk and put em both in the middle! ;)
wpr (26-Apr): 48 hrs until Christmas!
Zero2Cool (26-Apr): We have one too many Buckeye on the team already!!
Porforis (26-Apr): AJ Hawk released. Lol if the packers picked him up, would make for some spirited debate
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Tom Brady re-suspended for four games. Boring.
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): and next year it'll take 24 seconds to do 2017 ;-)
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): 2016 NFL Pick'em schedule ... done!
IronMan (25-Apr): ball for 14 seconds and doesn't even get a shot off. lol
IronMan (25-Apr): So the Hawks call a TO with 15 seconds left, the coach scribbles some play down on the board. They inbound it to Teague and he holds the bal
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Current Headlines

2016 Opponents
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 12:00 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / FLORIDA PACKER88

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy


Tweeter