You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:18:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

We suspected this moment would eventually happen and thanks to some whiny little prick contacting a company who had their articles posted here, today was that day. Woohoo!

PackersHome was initially founded because (this is one of the two major reasons) of my increasing frustrations with "blog" and "newspaper" sites that fail miserably in maintaining content integrity and availability when changing platforms. Remember when we went from php to asp, we didn't lose any posts or members and that's going from Linux to Windows, yet these big shot companies can't find developers to maintain their content? Perhaps they could and didn't care to?

Either way, one company is unhappy and I do not wish to have my site ruffle any feathers. Therefore, this change is to be IMMEDIATE and you will like it!! If you don't like it, I'll contact Mrs Colledge and have her chew your ass off.

All good things must come to an end and you must adapt to willing to accept that as a web developer. PackersHome has gotten a bit more "popular" than I had ever anticipated and we have to be more tactful with infringing upon ones copyright, rights.

I realized this awhile ago and said that I felt more comfortable with posting articles similarly as how sites like ProFootballTalk.com carries their business. They link the source, add some of their own input and quote some of the article content.

I've always been transparent with what's going on with the site, so if you're interested in what I responded with, read the spoiler.

What You Need To Know!
So you found an article that you want to share, what the hell do you do now? Simple, you create a new thread using the articles title as the subject, you copy ONLY a PORTION of the article and provide the link to the source. Then I'd appreciate it greatly if you gave your opinion on what was said to generate discussion.

Example:
Subject (thread title/topic): Earthquake hits!!
Quote:
The epicenter was in Virginia. Did you feel it? Send CNN an iReport.

The quake was felt in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; New York City and on Martha's Vineyard where President Barack Obama is vacationing. Cell phone service has been disrupted in New York City where parts of Manhattan have been evacuated.

"Everybody was told to take the stairs," Wolf Blitzer said, speaking live at 2 p.m. E.T. from CNN's D.C. bureau.

http://news.blogs.cnn.co...its-near-washington-d-c/

Any questions?

PS, if you could edit a decent portion out of your full article portions, we'd appreciate that effort.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:36:04 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

It was bound to happen.
Will do my best to comply.
Don't suppose you will tell us the website that was offended? (so we can be extra extra extra careful not to piss them off more.)
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:39:18 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

How far back do you want us to edit our posts?

Sort of looking for a guideline...
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:54:17 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
How far back do you want us to edit our posts?

Sort of looking for a guideline...

This wasn't something they required or even implied needed to be done, rather something that would make me a bit more comfortable.

Therefore, simply editing the first page of topics if necessary would be sufficient. If they require this, then I'll have to waste my time to accommodate them.

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
It was bound to happen.
Will do my best to comply.
Don't suppose you will tell us the website that was offended? (so we can be extra extra extra careful not to piss them off more.)

No sir, I will not disclose whom it was. I feel their stance on this issue is that of ignorance and actually hurts them more than it helps, I won't disclose their identity and have them subjected to potential backlash.

No worries on pissing them off as long as we collectively do not post full articles off any site (unless given permission to do so) we'll be good to go with them and every other website.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:08:31 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
This wasn't something they required or even implied needed to be done, rather something that would make me a bit more comfortable.

Therefore, simply editing the first page of topics if necessary would be sufficient. If they require this, then I'll have to waste my time to accommodate them.

No sir, I will not disclose whom it was. I feel their stance on this issue is that of ignorance and actually hurts them more than it helps, I won't disclose their identity and have them subjected to potential backlash.

No worries on pissing them off as long as we collectively do not post full articles off any site (unless given permission to do so) we'll be good to go with them and every other website.

as you wish.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:53:04 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I went back 3 pages on most forums. that was about 2 months. 4 pages on the packer forum. that is about 2 weeks.
I lost count but I was somewhere around 40 posts.
Do you want more? I will if you say so.

BTW I was not thinking of any kind of backlash against their website. I was just going to do extra for them. (If I had used their info.)

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:57:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I went back 3 pages on most forums. that was about 2 months. 4 pages on the packer forum. that is about 2 weeks.
I lost count but I was somewhere around 40 posts.
Do you want more? I will if you say so.

BTW I was not thinking of any kind of backlash against their website. I was just going to do extra for them. (If I had used their info.)

Thank you, that was more than needed, but thanks.

They don't need any special treatment from anyone, nor any backlash either. If we just post a portion of the article and link to it, there won't be any problem with anyone because that's within the copyright "laws".

You just wanna know who it was so you can toilet paper their headquarters.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:01:12 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

You just wanna know who it was so you can toilet paper their headquarters.

no sir. Not talking

Think Think Think

Anxious that WOULD be fun. Whistle

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 11:16:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

This needs to be updated... I'll throw something together. I've kind of waffled on what direction to take and have come to a conclusion. It'll confuse the balls off all of you, even the girls.

UserPostedImage