Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rockjock07  
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 11:45:33 AM(UTC)
Didn't see the game last night but the offense sounded like it did very well. Problem was the rush defense. I heard that Selven Young avg 7.0 ypc and hall was at like 6.0. Not good, Pickett better get healthy quick. If the Packers can't stop the run, then we are in trouble.

For those with NFL Network, they are re-airing the game Monday morning 2AM, I'm DVRing it to see how the defense played. I saw the highlights on ESPN and the brandon Marshall TD was good coverage by williams (I think it was him)

I'll see how they played once I watched it.
bozz_2006  
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:04:09 PM(UTC)
the play previous to the Marshall TD was the exact same play, exact same throw to Marshall, and Williams intercepted the ball... but they called interference on him. it's just like someone said earlier, (Zombie?) when marshall matched up against our #3 CB, he looked good. big surprise.
NormaL  
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:30:35 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Well.... I did not see it. However.

I just ran his numbers through my NFL QB Rating Web site.

Q.B. Rating for the first half in the Denver Game for this 24 year old kid....

A NFL QB Rating of 123.24

This is great, but for the love of God, WHY THE HELL do people insist on calling him by a thug nickname like "A-Rod?" That nickname is already used TWICE in sports by Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick. Is there no originality anymore? Is "Aaron Rodgers" or "Rodgers" that hard to spell? The whole "First initial, first syllable of last name nickname" thing is stupid anyway as it comes straight out of gang sub-culture.

How about from now on we go with B-Favre, D-Don, G-Jen, N-Barn, and B-Pop?
Yeah, like you said, at least be original. +1
MassPackersFan  
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:36:14 PM(UTC)
Well.... I did not see it. However.

I just ran his numbers through my NFL QB Rating Web site.

Q.B. Rating for the first half in the Denver Game for this 24 year old kid....

A NFL QB Rating of 123.24

This is great, but for the love of God, WHY THE HELL do people insist on calling him by a thug nickname like "A-Rod?" That nickname is already used TWICE in sports by Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick. Is there no originality anymore? Is "Aaron Rodgers" or "Rodgers" that hard to spell? The whole "First initial, first syllable of last name nickname" thing is stupid anyway as it comes straight out of gang sub-culture.

How about from now on we go with B-Favre, D-Don, G-Jen, N-Barn, and B-Pop?

B-Pop ain't bad. :icon_smile:
But seriously, the A-Rod thing needs to go. That's why I propose we call him A-dere-Rod (Ey 'dere!) from now on.
El3ment12  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:37:37 PM(UTC)
They are going to need to bring in a veteran QB though. Neither Flynn nor Brohm look like they're close to being ready to play. The defensive backs are awful and that includes Al Harris. Of course it would help if the defensive line could play at all, but our corners are awful I liked the way Aaron played tonight

I'm with you on Brohm and maybe Flynn, but I'm not worried about Al Harris. He usually sucks in the preseason.

Tramon Williams had some rough moments at CB, but he was put on an island with a very talented WR, and he was right with the guy, but just didn't quite get it done. I think he will be a good nickel back, though he doesn't quite look ready to start if Harris or Woodson goes down.

Tramon isn't the one that will be put up with the very talented wide receivers. Thats why we pay AL harris and Woodson so much money. I agree he will be a very good nickel CB, but some trouble if Haris or woodson would go down.
MassPackersFan  
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:38:51 PM(UTC)
I like Tramon. He just happened to get burned twice by a very talented WR in man-on-man coverage. It happens to the best of them. He has really developed his skillset and is a pretty complete CB now though.
johnny_blood  
#27 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:07:13 PM(UTC)
I also hate the nickname A-Rod. Why would you call our QB by a name that two other current athletes use?
Mr_Bumpy  
#28 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:13:31 PM(UTC)
What about A-Rodge?
walleye  
#29 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:15:11 PM(UTC)
How about A_TRAIN!!
johnny_blood  
#30 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:17:52 PM(UTC)
A-Rodge is a bit better. Maybe a new nickname will occur to us after we see him playing in regular season games.

Air Rodgers? That's also a ripoff, though. Heir Rodgers? Old Mutton Chops?

Hopefully not Errin' Rodgers. ;)
RaiderPride  
#31 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:08:29 PM(UTC)
He has been called A-Rod on the forum since the day he was drafted.

I did not name him that.

However, I agree.... He needs a cool nick name or no nick name at all.
Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:20:16 PM(UTC)
He has been called A-Rod on the forum since the day he was drafted.

I did not name him that.

I like California Cool!
RaiderPride  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:09:54 PM(UTC)
I am going to call him "Chico" He was born there.

I like it sweet, simple, and relative. "Chico"

Besides, sounds like a name of a guy with a funky mustache.
Zero2Cool  
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:14:13 PM(UTC)
I am going to call him "Chico" He was born there.

I like it sweet, simple, and relative. "Chico"

Besides, sounds like a name of a guy with a funky mustache.

Doesn't Chico mean woman?? lol
bozz_2006  
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:14:34 PM(UTC)
chica
Greg C.  
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:15:05 PM(UTC)
Chico is not bad. I was really hoping he would keep that awful beard he had earlier in the week so we could call him Lemmy, but he went with the more conventional fu manchu for last night's game.
bozz_2006  
#37 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:17:37 PM(UTC)

Apparently you were reading too fast and accidentally skimmed over the part of the thread where i dubbed him "Mustache Malone". End of discussion, no?
porky88  
#38 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:17:29 PM(UTC)
Ok, let me explain. I liked Rogers last night. He played quicker, actually looked off some receivers, ran the offense well and I thought if he can play like that we'll be fine. His backups are young and inexperienced. I didn't say they didn't have talent. I said they're not ready for prime time. That too was very clear.

I don't disagree with that.

Quote:
As for Al Harris, man he was no where to be found in coverage last night. Maybe he's just trying to stay away from injury, but he wasn't close to anyone who caught a ball last night. After his last game vs. the Giants I worry whether he hasn't suddenly fallen off that great list. I felt the same way about Blackman and Bush. You cannot play five yards off a receiver and expect to make a play. Those three played a significant role in not being able to get off the field in 3rd and long situations.

GB plays man to man coverage so the only way he'll be close to the ball is if the Broncos throw his way. The fact that you didn't hear his name is a good thing. That's best compliment a corner can have.

The first drive where Harris was in every play. They threw his way and Marshall caught a ball on 3rd and 9. That's going to happen this year. Outside of that Marshall didn't catch a ball on Harris.

The 2nd drive Denver went 99 yards and Harris again did a good job. No throws his way. The TD came when the Packers were in a zone coverage.

Quote:
They simply have to get some of those injured players well and back playing. Our defensive line looks awful. Denver ran through us like we weren't even there. j

Again, I'm only saying what I saw. But remember this was a team that was 13-3 and they don't resemble anything like that. Other than the QB's we're not talking rookies, we're talking veterans who are having a bad camp. I trust Mike will fix that, but I am simply concerned.

They didn't look like they were going to be 13-3 in last years pre season. Then again nobody looks 13-3 in pre season. It's a glorified practice. I agree that there are concerns. Buckeye said it best. People are going to take shots at Harris this year. He's going to be the defensive version of Aaron Rodgers.

You know I agree with most of your concerns but not Al Harris.
walleye  
#39 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:30:45 PM(UTC)
Well stated porky88 i could not have stated that better!
Yared-Yam  
#40 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 12:09:42 AM(UTC)
Rodgers was awesome
Rss Feed