Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packedhouse01  
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:38:05 AM(UTC)
Packedhouse01

Lumpkin makes things happen, but he has to hold on to the ball. He has dropped several balls during pre season. Our back up defensive backs are not very good, that is a spot that needs some serious help. There were times when the second team came in where a ball was thrown and we didn't have a cover guy within five yards of the ball. That can't happen.

I think they also need to look at brining in a veteran QB as a backup. Neither Brohm nor Flynn have shown me anything in ability to move this team if Rogers goes down.
Packedhouse
Offline chibiabo  
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 11:04:23 AM(UTC)
chibiabo

:thumbright: Guess that pretty much sums it up except I seriously doubt Blackmon goes as he does have the quickness for kick-off returns and perhaps punts. He didn't do that badly against Denver either. Porky I would love to see Ted Thompson do a monster trade for some "O" line or "D" line help but, seriously doubt any team will need what he has to offer unless one of our WR mainstays. DL was awful in Denver and I sincerely hope Pickett gets back and soon. Once again little or no QB pressure.
blank
Offline Packers_Finland  
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:00:32 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Wynn, and a few WRs will be the first ones to go.
This is a placeholder
Offline NormaL  
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:38:40 PM(UTC)
NormaL

What's going on with Wynn? Is he injured? Don't think i've seen him at all this preseason. I thought other than Grant last season, Wynn was our best option. I've got to be missing something here.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?

Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Offline Greg C.  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:17:11 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
What's going on with Wynn? Is he injured? Don't think i've seen him at all this preseason. I thought other than Grant last season, Wynn was our best option. I've got to be missing something here.

Yes, he's been injured since early in training camp. I think it's a bum ankle. He's got NFL type talent, but maybe his body is just not sturdy enough to take the pounding.
blank
Offline shanks2122  
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:59:19 PM(UTC)
shanks2122

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 5

thats a shame that everyone thinks wynn will go i really liked him last season but really he can provide anything this year do to jackson and grant getting all the carries.

i think they keep herron and put lumkin on the p-squad

i also see wrs and corners getting cut first
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:22:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,190

I don't think Herron is PS eligible anymore and I doubt they'd be able to sneak Kregg Lumpkin on the PS lol
UserPostedImage
Offline hosemeoff  
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:32:42 PM(UTC)
hosemeoff

Look for Ted Thompson to shock the world by cutting Rodgers.

His cackle will be heard from the peaks of the Rockies to the foothills of the Appalachians as he burns Lambeau field to the ground. Then he'll drive away in his ice cream truck completely covered in human skulls.
blank
Offline Greg C.  
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:07:05 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Look forTed Thompson to shock the world by cutting Rodgers.

His cackle will be heard from the peaks of the Rockies to the foothills of the Appalachians as he burns Lambeau field to the ground. Then he'll drive away in his ice cream truck completely covered in human skulls.

AWESOME!
blank
Offline porky88  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:01:58 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 398

:thumbright: Guess that pretty much sums it up except I seriously doubt Blackmon goes as he does have the quickness for kick-off returns and perhaps punts. He didn't do that badly against Denver either. Porky I would love to seeTed Thompsondo a monster trade for some "O" line or "D" line help but, seriously doubt any team will need what he has to offer unless one of our WR mainstays. DL was awful in Denver and I sincerely hope Pickett gets back and soon. Once again little or no QB pressure.

Oh I'm not talking big trade. I'm talking like Jarrett Bush for a 7th or Junius Coston for a 6th. Something small like that. I think any help we'll be getting from another team will come from an unknown. Kind of like Ryan Grant from a year ago.
Offline Since69  
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:06:20 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

I don't know if we'll cut Bush unless we have a very, very solid 3th and 4th CB. I think the team likes that he can also be our 4th safety.
UserPostedImage
Offline chibiabo  
#27 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:33:37 PM(UTC)
chibiabo

:ramboface: Well Tues. the sun will rise but for five it will be over! I for one will be surprised if Francies and Wynn are still around. You may have the answer there Porky. I thought you meant immediate help.
blank
Offline evad04  
#28 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:37:43 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 139

Look forTed Thompsonto shock the world by cutting Rodgers.

Haha classic. +Applause :thumbleft:
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline wischeez  
#29 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:43:01 PM(UTC)
wischeez

Applause Received: 1

:thumbright: I especially like the ice cream truck with the skulls, reminds me of my first car.

They need to keep Bush around for his skill at playing as an extra safety, but I think they also need to keep Lee around as an extra corner. Bush just needs to get out of the Ahmad C. phase.
blank
Offline evad04  
#30 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:50:49 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 139

:thumbright: I especially like the ice cream truck with the skulls, reminds me of my first car.

They need to keep Bush around for his skill at playing as an extra safety, but I think they also need to keep Lee around as an extra corner. Bush just needs to get out of the Ahmad C. phase.

Well Lee isn't going anywhere. He's a 2nd round pick in his rookie season. But I think if it comes down to someone like Bush staying before another talented prospect, I'll go with the unnamed talented prospect. Bush just doesn't do well in game situations (basically, the most important part of his job as a professional athlete).

I don't have anything against him as a person -- it's just whenever I see him it seems like he's giving up a play. He was heads up on that Ryan punt last night, but that's about all I can think of.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Rss Feed