Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline porky88  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:23:38 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 409

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
i'm telling ya, having Pickett, Jolly, and Hawk back will make all the difference

I agree. Pickett and Jolly are a heckuva force to reckon with. Hawk is a menace too. He might not have the flashy sexy stats, but be sure, teams know where he is at all times.

Yeah I think that will improve the run defense a great deal. I think Pickett is so underrated that it's borderline hilarious in it's own strange way.

That pass rush though is going to have to come from someone unexpected stepping up. Maybe a healthy Cullen Jenkins or Jason Hunter.
Offline chibiabo  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:25:44 PM(UTC)
chibiabo

:magnifyglass: D line was pretty much moved off the line against Denver so, hopefully Pickett and Hawk would help somewhat. Pass rushing as usual was pretty pathetic. One has to hope it's just the pre-season vanilla approach or GB will not be able to stop the big wheels coming at them during the season. Would be nice if Jolly and Harrell show up as well but, one has to wonder about Jolly's brush with the law and Harrell's penchant for being hurt.
blank
Offline agopackgo4  
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:40:10 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

Im a lot more worried about Harris than Woodson.
Offline evad04  
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:47:21 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 140

Success on defense is about multiple working parts. If there's no pass rush then Harris is going to look bad. At the same time, Al Harris can help the pass rush if he's glued to his man.

It IS still preseason, guys. Even then, the thing I've noticed about the first three games is that when our best guys are out there we've done pretty well. I know we got torched against San Fran, but when Al and Woodson were in we dominated their offense. We played well against Cincy. The game last night clearly had its hiccups -- but some of you post as though a successful defense is one that never makes mistakes. I too am concerned about the defensive line and secondary -- but it has less to do with the actual preseason performances and more to do with what I thought about the team going into the season.

The fact is we are without some of our best players, still. If this lack of success -- as some would see it -- is based on the absence of certain players, then I guess my only real worry is that our team's success hinges too much upon being SUPER HEALTHY.

But as it stands I'm just gonna take the wait and see approach. I still think our defense will be good this year. It can't be said enough -- this IS the preseason.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline hosemeoff  
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:22:12 PM(UTC)
hosemeoff

A-Har is a gamer and will be fine.

C-Wood has been fantastic as a Packer. I'm pumped he won't risk injury by returning punts this year.

T-Will has improved every year and should be a solid backup this year and grow into a starter in the next couple of years. I just wish he were a bit taller if we're going to keep leaving the corners on islands most of the game.

If J-Bush could keep his brain online every play he'd be a huge assett. Love his measurables, but the lapses have to be drastically cut down.

Dub-Black looks to have the instincts but still seems to overthink in coverage a bit. Hope he stays healthy to get some real experience this year.

P-Lee is a rookie and looks like it most of the time. The good thing is that he looks like an NFL rookie and not an arena ball rookie. I look for him to take a T-Will improvement path.

Overall it's a solid group with elite starters and still improving depth. M-Mac and B-Sand will have these guys ready to play. Agree that the D-line needs to improve to help the secondary out. I'm still missing C-Will.

A-Rod, A-Rod, A-Rod. Phew, got it out of my system (I'm really trying not to get addicted to B-Pop).
blank
Rss Feed