Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:42:00 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 1,311

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to know why you think gaming and sex are mutually exclusive.

Because video games are a waste of your young lives. Get and live - don't sit there exercising your thumbs.

Video games should be for us old bastards with nothing better to do.

Maybe I'm just jealous cause in my day Colecovision coming out with Donkey Kong was state of the art technology. Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:18:35 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: shanks2122 Go to Quoted Post
Formo if you have the patience for Assasins Creed then you should have no problem with Skyrim. Granted it is a risky move since they will have nothing in common playability wise.

Well, the furthest I've gotten in checking it out was the first video on their official website. I was unaware that this was another Elder Scrolls game.. Now that I know this, I'll be certainly looking at putting this on my GameFly queue. I'll only buy it if it REALLY entertains me.

I played Oblivion for a short while on my buddies computer. Never had the system required myself to run it, so I played very sparingly on his.. And I gotta say it was a very fun and immersive (is that even a word?!) game. So if Skyrim is anything like Oblivion, I might actually buy it. We'll see, all depends if it's even available for the PS3.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Porforis  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:57:33 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

I will buy Skyrim if there's at least an OPTION to simplify the level-up system as opposed to Oblivion. I've tried to play through Oblivion 4 times now, and what ultimately kills it for me is having to...

1. Have a pen and paper out with all of the skills and what stat they are governed by out, and tally off everytime I level up one of those skills to make sure I hit ten of each stat before I gain a level.
2. Keep casual track of what skills you've been leveling up so that your stats go up at least somewhat close to their maximum value everytime you level up, and ultimately get the crap beaten out of you by random baddies later in the game, turning every battle into a cat and mouse of bash, block, bash, backtrack while healing, keep healing, use a potion, repeat.
3. Don't level up and constantly be annoyed by the level up icon taunting me, daring me to take a nap.

The way I see it, it would take minimal development time to implement the OPTION for at least one type of simplified levelup system and this would make the game more accessible to less hardcore RPGers... Perhaps, say if you gain 8 ranks in Strength skills, 10 in Wisdom, and 10 in Speed when you level up... As long as you gain two more ranks of Strength skills before you go to a bed you still get the maximum Strength bonus. And maybe another option even more simple than that, where you simply level up everytime you rank up 10 skills governed by 3 separate stats.

So, does anybody that's been following the Skyrim development closer than I have have any idea how the levelup system(s) compare to Oblivion?
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 11:55:08 AM(UTC)
Formo

I've watched most of the videos on their main site, and I gotta say, I'm definitely going to be playing it ASAP.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 12:23:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,031

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
I've watched most of the videos on their main site, and I gotta say, I'm definitely going to be playing it ASAP.

ERRRRRRRRR there goes your sex life ERRRRRRRRRRR

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Formo  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 12:33:41 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
ERRRRRRRRR there goes your sex life ERRRRRRRRRRR

I'm married.. It's already gone.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/14/2011(UTC)
Offline Rockmolder  
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:23:08 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 243

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
Sex and gaming may not be mutually exclusive, but I'd be willing to be a decent sum there is a rather strong negative correlation between frequency of gaming and frequency across the gamer population.

Yeah, but it might just as much be a cause as it is an effect. I mean, when you don't have a girl around, you end up with one heck of a lot of free time. You might go clubbing every week and bang with random girls but there are still way too many hours in a week which you could fill up with something else.

And I don't see why gaming is more harmful in that way than watching TV, playing D&D (Zombie), spending your days obsessing about German (NSD) or arguing online, with total strangers, about a sports team which you really can't change anything about (All of us here).

It's the whole timesink thing that does it. And gaming is just the most widely-popular, non-accepted timesink around atm.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packers_Finland on 10/16/2011(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:36:27 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, but it might just as much be a cause as it is an effect. I mean, when you don't have a girl around, you end up with one heck of a lot of free time. You might go clubbing every week and bang with random girls but there are still way too many hours in a week which you could fill up with something else.

And I don't see why gaming is more harmful in that way than watching TV, playing D&D (Zombie), spending your days obsessing about German (NSD) or arguing online, with total strangers, about a sports team which you really can't change anything about (All of us here).

It's the whole timesink thing that does it. And gaming is just the most widely-popular, non-accepted timesink around atm.

As far as gaming and marriage goes, I just don't have the energy anymore to game competitively. I used to average about 3-4 hours/day at StarCraft II and was pretty close to qualifying for some pro-am tournaments, but playing and practicing at that level takes quite a bit of energy and concentration. Now that I'm working in an office where I'm supposed to be supervising a bunch of idiots and I've got a wife to distract me that I'd quite frankly rather be spending time with, the priorities have kind of shifted a bit.
UserPostedImage
Offline shanks2122  
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:25:56 PM(UTC)
shanks2122

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 5

Buy it, rent it, play it NOW! This might be the best game I have ever played!
blank
Offline porky88  
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:35:42 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 346

I did everything possible in Oblivion. By that, I mean, I earned every achievement in the game, including the two major downloadable content. It took me forever, but that game was so satisfying. I'm definitely looking forward to Skyrim. The reviews are off the charts, as expected, and they look like they enhanced just about everything about the game.
Offline Porforis  
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:37:57 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland Go to Quoted Post
Well I wouldn't call either of the Mass Effect games released thus far true "RPG games". More like 3rd person shooters with deep RPG elements. But I can see why people call it an RPG over a shooter, after all the story and narrative are a much bigger part of the game than the gameplay and combat.

Regardless, best video game series ever. If any gamer here is into sci-fi and hasn't played Mass Effect they seriously need to go get it.

I refuse to call any series or game "the best ever" because my moods change over time. There are a lot of okay to good games that I consider to be much better than they probably are because of pure nostalgia. But yes, the Mass Effect series is a breath of fresh air for shooters AND RPGs.
UserPostedImage
Offline alharrisdude31  
#27 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:48:13 AM(UTC)
alharrisdude31

United States

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 15

Damn you guys. I haven't touched my Xbox in god knows how long (over a year), and I gave in and am buying it today.
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 2:50:38 PM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

Just got back from tour where I'd left 2 days of Skyrim behind. Tonight we shall commence with a bottle of bourbon and some green. :D
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

Offline 4PackGirl  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 2:53:50 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 123

skyrim...the new sexual position?!? teehee.
sorry guys - i don't speak geek.
sex yes - geek no.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 3:34:31 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,031

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl Go to Quoted Post
skyrim...the new sexual position?!? teehee.
sorry guys - i don't speak geek.
sex yes - geek no.

You don't speak sex, besides, that'd be a new thread!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Rss Feed