Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:54:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,910
Applause Received: 2,117

PackersHome was created October 14th, 2006. This Friday will mark five years of existence. For me, it doesn't seem that long ago, but for those putting up with me, the rapid changes and everything else, it probably feels like the site had been around ten years.

We've seen the site mainly for archiving good articles and hosting highlight videos, to a sudden boom in '08 when PackerForum sold out, to another boom with GameDay Chat, a few outages thanks to spam accusations, one major platform change, elimination of full sports material posting and of course a lot of other things here and there.

PackersHome both makes me crazy and also allows me a necessary release. There are days when I want to say, screw it, it's not worth the hassle, its not worth the effort, then there are days I think I don't know what I'd do with it. When I get upset at the world, need an escape, I start coding, trying to find things to improve the site, to make it stand apart from the next site so it's the last site you stop at. Maintaining it sure can be a headache at times, and that's solely because of my tactical approach to doing it. Some would swap Nazi-Like instead of tactical, and I wouldn't fault them for it. The site does mean quite a bit to me, it's my hobby predicated on my favorite sports team. Nearly every decision I make is in the best interest of the site, even though most do not understand, nor appreciate that point, it is 100% valid. Sometimes you have to lead by example, sometimes you lead by making mistakes deliberately hoping others will step up.

In many ways this site is a reflection of me, who I am. I suppose that won't make sense to anyone. Either way, I've always tried to help others in any capacity that my experience allowed. I try to make others happier if at all possible, even at the cost of my own and I hope the existence of PackersHome can shed some happiness on those who come here.

In the end, PackersHome is just a website on the internet, nothing more, nothing less, but if it brings you anything positive, then that puts a smile on my face.

Hopefully we have another five years in us.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Online wpr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:29:03 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,961
Applause Received: 1,428

happy anniversary. I remember signing up with another name back in 06 but my focus was on a couple of other Packer boards. I am so glad this one has grown up like it has. I enjoy almost everyone's input.
Thanks for all the time you put in here.

kudos and slapnuts to you Kevin.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline macbob  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:50:33 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 289
Applause Received: 241

Happy Birthday, Packershome!

And thanks, Kevin, for one of my favorite places on the internet to hang out and waste copious hours...

Applause Applause Applause
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 7:37:58 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 289
Applause Received: 241

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Happy Birthday, Packershome!

And thanks, Kevin, for one of my favorite places on the internet to hang out and waste copious hours...

Applause Applause Applause

Happy Birthday, PH!

I drank a TD shot for PH, Kevin. Thanks again for providing us a terrific place to get together and argue. Weeeee!!
UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 7:57:45 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,961
Applause Received: 1,428

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DGB454  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 4:10:20 AM(UTC)
DGB454

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 7

Happy B-Day PH.

Thanks Kevin.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 2:28:15 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,910
Applause Received: 2,117

After the PF boom and the Feed boom, I had anticipated more than 200,000 posts by this time.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 4:43:31 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
After the PF boom and the Feed boom, I had anticipated more than 200,000 posts by this time.

Damn dude stop putting so much pressure on us :D

Happy Birthbay PH and great job Kevin
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)