Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RainX  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 11:07:27 PM(UTC)
It's going to be a very tough, physical game. Detroit's defense outside of their front 4 is very mediocre. A quality pass rush can mask a lot of problems in other areas of the defense. Pass protection is going to be absolutely critical in this game and I'm sure Aaron's going to be a bit smarter this year protecting himself. If the offensive line can do an adequate job of keeping Aaron upright, it could be a long day for the Lions DBs. This defense coughed up 35 points to a mediocre at best Carolina team at home.

I do fully anticipate this game to be a shoot out though. Stafford has been prone to some interceptions the past few weeks and probably still isn't 100%. The defense for the most part is healthy. Neal got about 15 snaps on Sunday which was a good warm up so hopefully he can continue to get back into game shape. Even though going into Detroit was a tough game last year, less we forget how good Aaron has been indoors the past 12 months. No reason to think he can't continue his campaign for league MVP on Thursday with a quality game and especially looking to rebound from Sunday.
CaliforniaCheez  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:51:21 AM(UTC)
There is a vikling bozo infecting this thread with sneering vikling idiocy of a 2-10 humanoid.

This is the Packers 34th game on Thanksgiving.
For the last few years they are playing every other year.
The Packers are in demand.

The viklings were last invited to Detroit for Thanksgiving in 1995 and only twice since the 1970 merger. If it were a random selection the viklings would be there every 8th year on average.

Clearly America and the NFL do not want the vikling goatsuckers to pollute a national holiday.
vikesrule  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:53:23 AM(UTC)
CaliforniaCheez said: Go to Quoted Post
There is a vikling bozo infecting this thread with sneering vikling idiocy of a 2-10 humanoid.

This is the Packers 34nd game on Thanksgiving.
For the last few years they are playing every other year.
The Packers are in demand.

The viklings were last invited to Detroit for Thanksgiving in 1995 and only twice since the 1970 merger. If it were a random selection the viklings would be there every 8th year on average.

Clearly America and the NFL do not want the vikling goatsuckers to pollute a national holiday.

Bwaahaa...I wondering who the first one would be that got his panties in a bunch. Congrats CC.
Oh, and that is 2-8, not 2-10.
And that should read 34th not 34nd.

Who loves ya CC? Tongue

[roflmao]
Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:19:19 AM(UTC)
It's cool, but I find it funny we're having to bash a Vikings fan during Lions week ... where the Lions fans at? C'mon folks, I post a link to their boards, bring some on over!!
vikesrule  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:39:15 AM(UTC)
Wonder whatever happened to big3? remember him?

Anyway, I'll just be the transitory Lions fan until a real one shows up.

-lionsrule
Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:40:35 AM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
Wonder whatever happened to big3? remember him?

Anyway, I'll just be the transitory Lions fan until a real one shows up.

-lionsrule

He's on the "other" site still. I don't advocate recruiting folks, but then again, if someone wants to ... I won't object. He should have time for another Packers website to bounce around on.
Nonstopdrivel  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:15:19 AM(UTC)
Morgan Burnett not listed on the injury report for this game.
wpr  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:23:21 AM(UTC)
Hmmmm.....looks like the last time the Packers went to Detroit on Thanksgiving and being 10-0, the Lions kicked their ass. Ha! sacked Bart Starr 11 times!!!!

History of Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers Thanksgiving Day football games

History is nice. I am all in favor of it. GB's history is 13 world championships. Minnysoda has a history of none. Minnysoda has a history of choking when they get to a big game. It doesn't even have to be the SB, which they have coughed up so well so many times. Just look their colossal failure in 2003 against the AZ Cardinals.

GB has a history of losing in Detroit. But most of those where in the 1950's. GB's recent history is 3-4. I will take my chances on Thursday.
Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:47:42 AM(UTC)
I'm going to need help with this from our resident choking expert, but I believe "chocking" should be spelled "choking". vikesrule, care to help out?
Yerko  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:07:37 PM(UTC)
Didn't watch or catch much of the highlights to the Lions/Panthers game...is Stafford's throwing hand still injured? If he is throwing anything like he did against the Bears, then I expect the Packers defense to have 1-3 interceptions..1 TD.

Pressure, pressure, and more pressure on Stafford. The kid hates getting hit and makes big time (dumb) mistakes when he has someone running after him. Pressure won't allow him time to watch Johnson run a streak down the field so he can float a crap pass to him and watch him catch it over 3 defenders.

Protect Rodgers. Suh is as dirty as they come and if given the chance, I am sure he will try to rag doll him...

Our offensive line hasn't been taking much this season. If something happens that shouldn't happen (Lang getting kicked in the junk) the offensive line reacts. I think this is going to be an extremely chippy game with a lot of bad intentions.

I don't think Rodgers accuracy will be an issue this week. I did see him hold his elbow after a play when he threw it behind Jennings on a slant. I am hoping there isn't some minor issue there and just the cold playing games with his head. Maybe his elbow was cold? :-k

Would be nice to see a resemblance of week 9 to week 10. Packers defense sharted themselves against the Chargers and came back in week 10 to smash the suck out of the Vikings. Maybe a close call against the Bucs in week 11 will bring out another fired up defense in week 12.

Packers- 35
Lions- 24

Gotta love all the "Johnny-come-lately" Lions fans...
zombieslayer  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:06:58 PM(UTC)
G-Force said: Go to Quoted Post
Didn't watch or catch much of the highlights to the Lions/Panthers game...is Stafford's throwing hand still injured? If he is throwing anything like he did against the Bears, then I expect the Packers defense to have 1-3 interceptions..1 TD.

Pressure, pressure, and more pressure on Stafford. The kid hates getting hit and makes big time (dumb) mistakes when he has someone running after him. Pressure won't allow him time to watch Johnson run a streak down the field so he can float a crap pass to him and watch him catch it over 3 defenders.

Protect Rodgers. Suh is as dirty as they come and if given the chance, I am sure he will try to rag doll him...

Our offensive line hasn't been taking much this season. If something happens that shouldn't happen (Lang getting kicked in the junk) the offensive line reacts. I think this is going to be an extremely chippy game with a lot of bad intentions.

I don't think Rodgers accuracy will be an issue this week. I did see him hold his elbow after a play when he threw it behind Jennings on a slant. I am hoping there isn't some minor issue there and just the cold playing games with his head. Maybe his elbow was cold? :-k

Would be nice to see a resemblance of week 9 to week 10. Packers defense sharted themselves against the Chargers and came back in week 10 to smash the suck out of the Vikings. Maybe a close call against the Bucs in week 11 will bring out another fired up defense in week 12.

Packers- 35
Lions- 24

Gotta love all the "Johnny-come-lately" Lions fans...

G - Whoa! I was unaware of that nastiness. No wonder people call Suh a dirty player.

I'm hoping Mike McCarthy keeps someone back to chip Suh. Don't want to see Aaron Rodgers taking nasty hits like that. I would have ejected Suh for that crap. That's not trying to tackle the QB. That's trying to injure him.
Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:49:53 PM(UTC)
Weird, the forum software might not like quoting youtube videos.
wpr  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:05:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Weird, the forum software might not like quoting youtube videos.

want me to delete it? It is off topic anyway.
wpr  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:32:31 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to need help with this from our resident choking expert, but I believe "chocking" should be spelled "choking". vikesrule, care to help out?

Yeah I knew it was wrong when I typed it. forgot to go back and correct it. fixxed now. [grin1]
Silentio  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:23:20 PM(UTC)
I wondering what the check down situation will be this week. For the last two weeks, in the first half of the game Rodgers has tended to hold the ball, take sacks, or take off and run with the ball even when there is a wide open check down available. Come the second half Rodgers begins to take the check down that’s available to him. Either Clements or Mike McCarthy are reminding him at the half that he can take a check down or it’s a game plan thing.

Anyway, with the way Rodgers was treated against the Lions in Detroit last season, I hope the check downs are available and I hope Rodgers takes them. It’d also be nice if Green Bay could get a run game going, but maybe we don’t even need it.

I have no idea what kind of score we’re going to see this week. Last season we beat them in Green Bay to the tune of 28-26, then at Detroit we took a loss at 3-7. I guess I expect it to look more like the former than the latter, especially considering Rodgers went out of the game in Detroit last season.
Yerko  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:07:02 AM(UTC)
Zombie, for some reason the NFL is trying to cover Suh's true image of being a dirty player. I have no idea why but that is a lot of dirt to sweep under the carpet. For some reason I feel like he THINKS he needs to make the big, nasty hits (or dummy tosses) to be considered a great player and that just isn't true.

I am sure Mike McCarthy will dial something up to keep Aaron Rodgers protected though.

11-0 [rockon]
Packers_Finland  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:38:25 AM(UTC)
G-Force said: Go to Quoted Post
Zombie, for some reason the NFL is trying to cover Suh's true image of being a dirty player. I have no idea why but that is a lot of dirt to sweep under the carpet. For some reason I feel like he THINKS he needs to make the big, nasty hits (or dummy tosses) to be considered a great player and that just isn't true.

I am sure Mike McCarthy will dial something up to keep Aaron Rodgers protected though.

11-0 [rockon]

Suh is overrated as hell anyway. He takes so many plays off it's ridiculous. If you watch Lions games this season you'll notice. Sure, he'll get the occasional sack here and there, but he dissappears for huge chunks of the game at times.

Much more worried about Tulloch and Avril when it comes to their defenders. Avril has the speed to beat either of our tackles for an unblocked sack.
vikesrule  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:40:06 PM(UTC)
I can sense the false bravado.

The smell of Packer fan fear is most palpable.
It permeates cyberspace.

Mr. Suh, meet Mr. Rodgers.
Wade  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:04:04 PM(UTC)
Maybe the Packers can sign Burt Reynolds to a one-game contract to reprise a couple plays from The Longest Yard.

After all, he owes the Packers after mistakenly doing said things to #66.
Silentio  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:05:49 PM(UTC)
I can sense the false bravado.

The smell of Packer fan fear is most palpable.
It permeates cyberspace.

Mr. Suh, meet Mr. Rodgers.

This is so sad.
Rss Feed